xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Ie7 Screenshots

Gotta remember, its beta, its not supposed to be supproted yet and half the net arent supposed to have it before its out :DWhats been bugging me, is people that think IE is gonna grab back its amrket share, yeah it will, but its not ready for another war, maybe it will take firefox down to 5%, maybe only some of us will stay with Firefox, but after a while, Firefox, Opera and Safari are all going to be advancing Microsoft will sit quiet for another 4 years and loose more market share. Yesterday I had a look at XUL, I built a very basic browser in it, but it was easy, No C code, no hard stuff, just this really simple language that I wouldnt believe was so simple. If the firefox developers can use such a simple language and make it available to everyone like they do, IE just wont be able to compete, Firefox can have every single feature ever dreamed up and is built to be able to do that. IE wont win forever, the Fox will take over the web as planned, or atleast even the field out a lot more

Lot of people don't like IE, they prefer firefox or Netscape.Unfortunately, a lot of sites don't like it. I have several sites performing security checks, rejecting my passwords if I connect with Netscape or firefox, accepting them if I use Crosoft Internet Explorer.

A word about Project Longhorn:

Microsoft's Project Longhorn has been renamed to Windows Vista . The Beta 2 version will be available for download and shipping to all TechNet Plus subscribers sometime in September. It is said to feature a highly advanced graphical user interface will all kinds of 3D bells and whistels, and suposably requires a 3D video card and 1024 MB (1GB) of RAM before the setup executable will even run.

My take on Vista is that it's way too much of a memory and CPU hog to be of any used in the business or private sector durring the next two years. Personaly, I still use Windows 2000 Professional, because I hate WinXP's 60MB - 130MB memory footprint (and I have a gig of memory, BTW). However, I am sure that many users will switch to Vista, and most new computers comming out after it's launch will ship with Vista pre-installed.

It seems like Windows Vista is more of a bid for Mac customers, featuring enhancements for both video and audio preformance. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that Vista will be largely based on the .NET framework from the System Mode services up, ensuring that applications running on the platform will only get a miniscule amount of CPU time.

Time will tell however. Once Beta 2 ships, I'll be testing it at school. I'll be able to talk more about it then, as I won't be bound by any type of NDA (being a student rocks :D ).

Ohh yea, and it is said that the new Windows file system, WinFS, has been removed from the project. That's a shame too, because it's the only feature I was excited about.

As far as IE7 goes, who cares? RSS? What is RSS anyway? I'll have to Google that later. It is nice to see that Microsoft has finaly got on the tabbed browsing bandwagon. Tabbed browsing is the only reason I started using Gecko browsers in the first place. However, the security and stability of Mozilla and FireFox are unmatched by IE, and I really don't think that's going to change anytime soon.

Basicaly, Internet Explorer is the browser of lazy people (no offense intended, please read on). IE is the plain-vanilla browser that ships with the OS. Much like Windows Media Player, calc.exe, and notepad.exe, IE is a program that is intended to fufill the basic needs of Microsoft's customers. Most people, after having tried a variatey of other browsers, agree that IE is a decent browser, but not the browser for them. And, as IE grows, so too will it's competition.

If you are still using IE, please try a different browser! Using Mozilla, FireFox, or Opera will not only enhance your experiance of the World Wide Web, it will also help prevent a sizeable protion of SpyWare, AdWare, and viruses. Heck, even Netscape is better than IE IMHO, even though it's infested with AOL/Time Warner parasites.

Same goes for Outlook Express. Try Thunderbird!

Yea, I'll give IE7 a try. I'll have to, because we are forced to use IE at school. But it's going to take a lot of convincing to get me to stay.

QBRADQ

Yet it still looks like XP. Even their new name for it is lame. Windows Vista they could of just left it LongHorn hey thats a Idea take a picture of a Longhorn and hook a windows logo on to one of its horns. But have a real pissed off bull their. As much as I hate windows I will be buying a copy of it. Need to run a server software on the computer I'm building. Since i'm not made of money the last items I still need to get is the motherboard and processers and memory. I know thats the computer but hey a person has to start somewhere. For once I would want a stae of the art computer for at least 5 min.

The new logo for IE7 has been released

Posted Image

Most prominent is the gold banding and of course the very noticeable change from Microsoft Internet Explorer to Windows Internet Explorer.

Seems OK at the outset and it ought to complement Vista's new look. More eye-candy to compete with the Mac, I guess...

Just they are playing the catchup game. IE 7 gets tabbed browsing and RSS. But firefox have them. I don't think firefox users will shift back to IE just because they intoduced tabs and RSS. They need to do something new and as we know microsoft is not that creative.That screens look a bit like Safari to me.

Why can't microsoft start making at least SOME open source software? That way they could build up a great community and finally get some high quality stuff out there. I think this is firefoxs only advantage over IE right now.... firefox has a bunch of great extensions and themes... and IE... IE just gets you viruses and spyware!

Amazing how many anti Microsoft people there are out there. I'll admit it's not the best browser but I have noticed I can't access some websites with it. Specifically ones that use Shockwave but maybe it's just me not setting things right.I use IE and most likely always will use IE. It has everything I need for viewing websites and I know how to use it. No fiddling with preference menus to get things how I want them.TBH most people are familiar with IE and will most likely stick with IE. Why have 2 different web browsers anyway? And anyway, with a good virus scanner and firewall running I'm pretty safe from viruses and hackers. Unless I download one from somewhere.Although I did recently manage to delete a bunch of Windows apps (notepad, paint, calculator, IE and OE). I got IE back but trying to fix OE was a pain so I am now using Thunderbird (kudos QBRADQ). Maybe I'm slowly converting. In fact, I believe I have a version of Knoppix somewhere ;)