xisto Community
silentkarma1405241502

What Is The Best Antivirus Program?

I don't understand what's wrong with norton these days. I used to use norton antivirus 2002 and it was pretty good - the system was stable and it detected most viruses. But now that I have installed norton systemworks 2004, it has been harrasing me a lot. It hogs the system resources, doesn't detect all viruses and the main window never opens!! the only nice part is liveupdate. I haven't tried avast, but now i'm removing this junk from my comp and installing something better.

HI all,
Here's a link to a review site for anti-virus software. Have followed these guys for years and they're deadly serious about anti-virus testing. They do all their testing in house and I've found their ratings to be "right on" and without any bias.
Heres the link:Top 10 Reviews
Hope this helps
RGPHNX

I'm using trend micro pc-cillin and it doesn't pick up very much and is always having new updates. Norton is meant to be one of the worst anti-virus software isn't it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i guess......... but it's all a matter of personal opinion. you'll find people dead set against norton (like me) and you'll find those who swear up and down that nothing can beat norton. While not necessarily the worst, they're definitely not the best either.

Well, i finally got rid of the worst antivirus in the world (NAV) and installed Avast in it's place - and impress it did. In the first run itself it picked up 148 threats. I think that avast is the best right now - amongst free as well as paid antiviruses.

Best AV on th enertWhat Is The Best Antivirus Program?

I've used or had friends use all kinds of AV software Norton (in my opinion the worst), to Symantec, Zone Alarm and AVG in all cases I've either moved myself or helped others move to Avast.  I can't think of a time where Avast hasn't found a virus or a Trojan upon initial install and update from any and all of the others.  In my mind that says something for the capabilities of Avast and/or the limited ability the others have at keeping their software truly updated.  This is one instance where you get far more than you pay for.

I personally use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free at home and at my laptop. It seems to work good and found some threats for me, while inserting some USB keys into t :)At my workplace I am using ESET NOD32 which seems to do the job for all the computers at my workplace quite well.I like those both anti-virus programs, due to they work in real time and they are light and don't consume a lot of computer resources. :D

I like Mac Afee. I like the way you can configure it, stopping automatic updates in order to start them exactly when I want. This way I do not see it using a lot of resources at startup, I fire it as soon as I have a couple of minutes without needing to use my keyboard.

Hi,

I always refer to this site for my antivirus reviews: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - their reviews seem quite reliable and they present you with a clean, easy-to-read-and-determine feature comparison chart. I'd picked up BitDefender Pro from their list. While even I'm not willing to shell out $300 on an AV, BitDefender cost me only $45 - which I was more than willing to pay, to save me the long-term troubles on an unprotected system.

My all out recommendation is for BitDefender Pro 8 coz:

My system hasn't been infected even ONCE over past 8 months - it manages to catch every form of Worm/Virus/Trojan - whatsoever.

The purchase was well worth it - their updates are always declared well-ahead in time and downloads happen really smooth, even with broken updates. With the purchase i'd got 1 years 2 months of free updates.

The AntiVirus also includes an integrated FireWall - which works really well + an AntiSpam module which scans incoming mails on almost any well-known email client automatically. It infact watched out for outbound connections to port 110 and starts scanning immediately.

Overall very strong protection and excellent detection rates. Finally am very happy with one concrete antivirus.

Their after sales service is really good - always very prompt with their replies.

i could go on and on about this - but best would be for you to check out their site (http://www.bitdefender.de/) and the review site i mentioned above.

Regards,

m^e

yea he is right i also use the BitDefender Total Security 2010 and i guess its the best anivirus i have ever used. I also like to refeer to that site mentioned above and really trust me i have tried almost all the software listed then in the order but i really love the BD 2010. All other antivirus screwed my comp the way other and let me tell you i download loads of programs games and movies i am a heavy internet user and BD 2010 is the best for me. Trust me it works for me try it and you will love it give it a try !

AVG, It's one of the best (free) solutionsIt doesn't work if you're a software cracker or pirate, becouse it blocks crack apps :P but you should try all anti-virusprograms and see wich you like best. :) It also depends on what features you need, they all have different featuresso just try them all, see wich you like best and (if you really need to) buy itthis was me.Jim Out :D

What Is The Best Antivirus Program?What Is The Best Antivirus Program?

I used the free version of avg for a long time and never had anyProblems. But a little while ago I switched tohttp://www.regionfree.to/netflix/ I really like it. ZenOK is quicker to scan and I think itsInterface is easier to use. And I think it would be good for you cause you need to use anti-spy ware stuff in conjunction with your antivirus program. And it has it!

-reply by Armand