xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

Will There Be A Most Popular Music Player? Post your opinions

In your opinion which is the best music player?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After trying a lot of players I am pretty happy with quessential now a days. Its interface is very easy in comparing to others and the sound quality is also good. I have found Itunes also good to use.

I am using Quintessential Player on Windows, also there is Quintessential Media Player, It is free and in my opinion is the best, it has all I need and so many skins are available for it, plugins etc. You can get it here:

http://www.quinnware.com/ but I don't like the default skin

and to continue, on linux I am using Beep Media Player, even though others are good too, it has what I need, plays my music. :mellow:

In the past, I've used all four of the players you listed in your poll.Right now, I have to say that I love iTunes. The others still have their merits, but this one wins (the XP version, I mean - forget Mac!) because:-The "shuffle" feature is on some sort of drug. It's just crazy.-It's super-easy to manage files. Just a few clicks and you've got new playlists, song titles, etc. -It loads fast for a program of its size (it's pretty big). -The Music Store is great. The weekly free downloads usually rock, too. And oh - free iTunes codes all over the Internet.I could go on and on, but basically ... if I ever actually get an Mp3 player, I'd actually go out of my way to get an iPod just to be readily (read: easily) compatible with the software.

For windows, I have to go with winamp. IMO, it's just perfect for my requirements. It's got an extensive media library to maintain my 40GB+ of songs and videos. Also, it lists the songs I played the most and the radio stations that are currently being aired. I did try iTunes, but I found the controls a bit confusing than winamp. Also, it was taking up a bit more memory than winamp.In Linux, now Amarok is the player to use. It's even better than winamp, but unfortunately, there isn't a windows version available. It has a media library and visualisations and it even downloads the lyrics and album covers of the songs you are listening to! It's miles away from the other players like xmms or bmp. The only drawback is that it doesn't have an equalizer like winamp. But other than that, it's the best :).

My vote is to WinAmp - some older version which doesn't support videos. Now it turns out to be very heavy for the machine - when you open it it consumes your resources and can bring you to panic. Anyway one great advantage of Winamp are internet radios...thats why I keep it - but I do hesitate between installing some of the older versions that I still keep.