xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mukund

How To Make Firefox Faster If You Have A Broadband

Is there also a way to apply this fix on multiple computers?I'm a computer technician as a sideline and I would appreciate a patch that does this without manual entry.

I don't know which version you are using, O H, but I think by copying over browser.js file under C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome for Firefox verion 2.0.0.1 will copy over the browser setting.

So install one FF version, set it however you'd like and then copy this profile file. You can then use command shell or script to distribute it network wide.

For locating for other verions try this reading https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/

Hmm... Cool. But I would recommend FasterFox add-on. It does all of this, but automaticaly and there is some other settings what you can tweak to make it go even faster, also.

Here is the link: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

Give it a go, it's much simpler. It also has a page timer, so you can see how slow and slugish you are going ;) ;).

pages with lot's of java load faster

sweet faster already lol!!!!!!!!!!FIREFOX OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if they could just make plain DHTML work it would be great, and fix that float behavior in CSS, when having element inside element.. but except that and with this tweak it's great browser

just uploaded the changes as suggested and it has definitely increased my browser speed. i'm wondering if you can do the same kind of thing with IE? as they run it at work and its seriously slow..... been trying to get them to change over to Firefox but as yet they still haven't made a decision.....I also feel that even though there had been previous mention of this process in the tutorials, i think its cool that its been posted again because i would never have found it in my day to day activities @ Xisto. I just don't find the time to go to the tutorials unless there is something that I'm particularly looking for. So I think its good that someone has taken the time to try and help a few of us out. ;)

Hmm... Cool. But I would recommend FasterFox add-on. It does all of this, but automaticaly and there is some other settings what you can tweak to make it go even faster, also.

Here is the link: http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

Give it a go, it's much simpler. It also has a page timer, so you can see how slow and slugish you are going ;) ;).

Well, I've heard bad things about fasterfox raping limited-bandwidth websites, and among imageboard operators, they're a hated thing, so, regulate their usage whenever possible.

I took this for a spin in FF 1.5.0.9, and I think I noticed a small improvement. I will definitely do this with my PortableApps-based Firefox 2.0, because browsing from a USB drive isn't too fast (or at least not on dialup and without cache, as I experieneced).I knew about the about:config URL, and I knew that it has lots of secret tweaks, but you just uncovered another one for me. Thanks.