xisto Community
darkool

Ps3 spring 2006... to bad :(

This is DEFINITELY my favorite quote of the day.

You`re wright about this being an issue I have an 30004 series PS2

and I`ve had to send it back 4 times  for a fixup, but it didn`t cost

me a thing tho :D ,anyway I hope they are shure of the new system

indeed b4 they release it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL *bows* why thank you =)

sweet a ps3 but 2006 is too long too wait ahh who cares I can't wait though I can't imagine how great the graphics will be

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not really that long to wait... before you know it all these new systems will be on the shelves and all the spoilt kids will be bragging that they have one.

You can't imagine how great the graphics will be? Have you had a look at the other threads about the Playstation 3 in here? There are some great pics (screenshots) in there and I also posted a few video clips of in game footage that will give you a pretty good idea of what we can expect of the graphics quality. Check out the Killzone video clip to be really amazed, it shows actual in game (game-play... not pre-rendered crap) footage that is just truely incredible.... although I have heard that that clip wasn't actually played on PS3 hardware at the time (at e3) so I don't know for sure what the full story is with it. It was a friend of mine that told me about this... he said he read reviews from https://www.penny-arcade.com/ but I never went there myself to check it out, apparently they claimed all the PS3 demo's were not actual in game demo's and didn't reflect the real performance capabilities of the system. If anyone wants to look into it go ahead, but for now I'm just going to believe that all the screenshots and video clips I've seen are real and show exactly what I can expect to see on the ps3 =)

Hopefully? There shouldn't be any doubt. PS2 is awesome as it is, and the PS3 will be a massive improvement on it so of course it's going to be awesome! Just check out the Killzone 2 demo clip, all doubt will be erased.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I'm more interested in the Metal Gear series. It looks awesome and was probably the funniest trailer for the ps3.

Isn't Final Fantasy Advent Children coming out on the PS3? I was really hoping it would come on PS2 because I don't think my parents will buy another game console.I heard it was supposed to be really good. The graphics look awesome and everything. I saw trailers to Advent Children and the graphics were unbeleivable!

No way, Xbox 360 can NEVER be better, here's why:Do anyone of you know what is under the hood of the PS3? It's something called as a cell processor. It's really powerful - you have to see it to believe it. The speed is something 4GHz so you can expect what power it will possess.While sony has released the processor info, they still haven't told anything about the graphics. if the processor is so awesome and it's info is being given out, i can guess that the graphics will be simply mind blowing - way much better that 2 Geforce 7800 GTXs connected with SLI. we can trust nvidia on this case.It's got all the other features - 7.1 sound, HDTV support, Wi -FI, bluetooth. You name it - it has it.One thing which has interested me is the optical drive used - it's a blu-ray device. around 1 year ago, blu-ray devices used to cost around $2225 (as per my knowledge). so, if ps3 is incorporating that technology, I guess it will be expensive. It also means that piracy will finally be reduced.In all, an awesome console. I mean, first there is hardware, then there is super-hardware, then there is droolmaal, and then we have the ps3.just a thought, imagine ps4 when (and if) it is released...

I think the PS3 will be excelant, I can't wait to see what it holds possible for developers and gamers, from what they say the graphics sysytem and processor will both be top-of-the-line, I'm really anxiuos (that spelling is so bad I just can't fix it... :)) to see what the prices on a machine like that will be, I think they where talking at E3 about how the graphics card alone was like 300 dollars U.S.A., so I really can't imagine the price of it all together...

Hopefully they don't raise the price, because the system is not comiing with the harddrive like it said it would be, so it would be kinda expensive for it to be so high priced. Yeah, the Playstation 2 was about 250 when it first came, but still, the PS3 shouldn't be high considering how prices are each time, going down when years pass. I was really hoping the system would come with a hard drive, but it's sold seperately, meaning not every game will use the hard drive function, and those that do mean you will have to fork out another 50 or so.

Ok... lemme get this out first. The xbox360 and the ps3 will more than likely amaze most console users. What both of these consoles wont do is amaze people who have high-end computer systems. At the moment, my AMD 4800+ (dual-core) will crap all over one of these machines. There are a few reasons for this. Firstly they are aiming to sell these consoles cheaply. This means that they cant really afford to make them super futuristic.Secondly, these machines are dependent on multithreaded applications to get the most out of them. Although these machines have a lot of power (three 1.5 GHz processesors), most developers haven't done much beyond single-threaded applications. So the first games to be released will not be the best. It will take a fairly long time before the developers are able to work properly with multiple branches and get all the power out of them. Oh and for all those people saying that they cant compare an xbox360 to a ps3, well the fact of the matter is that they both have very similar setups. And so, it will really be down to wether or not the developers can work better with one system or the other. It will remain to be seen which will be the better in the long term. I know for sure that I would spend the extra and upgrade my PC over a console!

*dances* YEAH! I get to burst everyone's bubble =D

Specs: X360 vs PS3

take a look at this article for a moment, it's been posted once before in another thread, but ignored for the most part. A quick synopsis below...

this article describes the ps3 and the x360 according to the information released during e3 (which was the last time any information was released about either of these two systems, just so you know).

XBOX 360 / PLAYSTATION 3 PERFORMANCE COMPARISON

SUMMARY

Now that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 specifications have been announced, it is possible to do a real world performance comparison of the two systems.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.

* The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.

* Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance

* The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.

* Memory System Bandwidth

* The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

If you take a few minutes and read the article you'll find some very interesting facts and quite a few debatable points.

For instance, Optykal brought this up, multithread capabilities. All consoles up to this point have been single thread, and every game has been designed around this concept, now we're getting consoles that allow for multiple threading.

The xbox 360 seems to be geared quite heavily towards that, and the article talks about how, for gaming, that is a better feature. The ps3 doesn't seem to be leaning towards multithreading quite as heavily, but that may be simply because programmers haven't really delved into it considering that it's quite new, and Sony may understand that developers may not be ready to shift to multithreading programming quite yet and may be letting the world become more used to multithreading before forcing developers to create games using it.

I think your right about PS3 not leaning towards the multithreading tech since they might not think that the programmers are ready for that type of programming for games. However, 360 is fully ready for that movement, and while the first series of games released for it might only be designed around single thread design the 360 is ready for the next step.The PS2 didn't release with a hard drive, it was an option, and the XBox did, this was one of the reasons I went for the XBox over the PS2 when I could afford to get it. The reason for this decision, I didn't have to worry about lots of mem cards with limited memory and having to keep lables on them for reference and keeping the labels updated.As for processing power and GFX power I think the 360 leads the way there. The only place that I personally think the PS3 puts the boot to the 360 is that the PS3 supports Blu-Ray, though at this point in time it is the only product that I know of that is being released with support for it. Seeing as how it is such a new technology one must ask themselves, do they want to by a gaming console with such an untested technology at its center.