xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

How Do I Create A Good Fire Animation Using Flash ?

The 2 programs i use most are Macromedia Flash and 3D Studio Max. I can get a good fire effect in max, but im totally lost when i get into Flash. Does anyone know a good tutorial or have some personal knowledge on the subject?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

OK there are lots of possibilities of what you can do in Flash if you want to make a fire effect. What i need to know though is what kind of effect would you like to create? An animation? Cartoon-like? Above all you should mention what techniques you used to try to get a good fire animation in Flash so others can help you when you try to explain your situation. Personally I would prefer Flash in the animation business. Studio max i don't really use often. So it all depends on your preference and what kinds of effect you want to create.

well what i want to accomplish would be an animated flame or a fireball explosion. I dont really want a cartoonish animation, i would rather have something more realistic. The only fire animation i have been able to do is make text with a fire image behind it, where it looks like the text is fire rolling. Im a lot better with 3ds Max than Flash, but flash is really a great program and i wanna learn as much as possible

Fire is a bit hard to capture... Most people do frame-by-frame with explosions and fires, and they look really impressive, but in my opinion, they are kinda hard to draw, especially if you don't have a pad-thingie. You might want to do frame-by-frame. Just look for some tutorials with google.

alrighty i will give frame by frame a shot... ive tried google before and i can never find anything related to flash so what i have done in the past is make a fire animation in max then imported it into flash... but i just need to find a good tutorial to make it in flash... I havent tried frame by frame before so i will give it a go and see how that turns out

Hey trish try just exporting the animation as a avi into ae then if you look in ae you can export to flash :lol:

Frame by frame is the best way to animate fire,no way you can do it by movie clips,itd take tooooooo much work lol I know thise cuse im always trying to animate fire x.x this threads helpfull lol

The 2 programs i use most are Macromedia Flash and 3D Studio Max. I can get a good fire effect in max, but im totally lost when i get into Flash. Does anyone know a good tutorial or have some personal knowledge on the subject?

I don't know exactly like you is importing into flash, but u already tried to use the software Sorenson Squeeze, it generates .swf.

See u