xisto Community
hast-webben

SMF Simple Machines

ok I have a decent size problem with SMF right now. I tried to get the shout box on it, Grudges Shoutbox V 1.31 I think it is. When I tried to get it installed I get a a failure to creat stream, then my sub.php and security.php files are corrupted and I have to remove the install and the start over. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've gone back and tried giving 777 permissions to all the files that give me errors over the last 3 times I've tried to install it but I keep gett'n the same error with sub.php and security.php. It always has the same error with the same lines I just don't get it and I'm totally frustraded and now I'm even more frustraded because I didn't write down the error to post it ARG...beer and coding don't mix...lol

theknightsofglory.com | Powered by SMF 1.0.3.© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved. Thats the version I use hope the post you put up earlier works on it cause I'm really gett'n frustrated. Will not use what u posted till I hear back from ya.

silly me forgot that SMF keeps a log that I can check for error msgs and what not durring package installation:2: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/jeremy1/public_html/guild_forum/Sources/Subs.php:1889)/home/jeremy1/public_html/guild_forum/Sources/Load.php1135there is the initial error msg I get durring package installation. I'm just thinking of going ahead and upgrading to 1.1 beta and see what its like...

1.0.3 would do the same as the 1.0.5 instructions.I havent ever seen that error before, try upgrading to 1.1 Beta 3, its a very stable beta, and if you still get that, please post back here and ill chase it further for you.

Trekki thanks for the ongoing help with this project....I have updated, run the Admin -> Packages -> Cleanup Permissions -> All are files writable. -> Go command, then installed the shout box.NOW it won't show the shout box...lol

ok new problem and I haven't been able to find a favorable answer though I'm sure its there...lol. Well the question is this, is there a way to uninstal the language packs, other then the one you want, safely?

I'm running low on space and want to do more stuff with the site and that takes space.

Thanks in advance for the the help and thanks again for the help already given.

If anyone would like to stop by and say hello the forum is located at here and the main site is here

Thanks trekkie101 will do that as soon as I can access my site again. I thought that would do it but after my last attempt to do something with SMF without consulting someone first I crashed it...lol

Hi guys, As usual I am again with a set of dum problems about SMF. I dont know why I could not make a sperate topic for this. (Mods please do the needful)Ok here is my problem....A friend of mine has a YaBB 2.1 forum but now he wants to upgrade or convert to SMF. We tried searching at SMF's site but we could not find an exact upgrade for his version of YaBB. Does anyone know about an convertor for this version? If you find any, please let me know by posting here.

Yeah, I like Simple Machines Forums software and most of all I like its update and mod install through admin interface.The only problem I met was the bulgarian language support.

ganeshn11, are you sure it's not yabbse instead? Seems like after version 1.4, it's called yabbse now...

Simple Machines have converters that you can find here. The first one might be the one you need. To be safe, I suggest that you backup both your database and your YabbSE forum files (the whole directory) before performing the conversion to SMF.

Do you have a problem creating new topics? You could have created one in this forum as it's for SMF. If you are having problems, contact one of the mods about this issue...