xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Benz1435

Make Firefox 4x Faster. Get DSL Speeds With Dial-up on firefox.

This small hack make the page appear to load faster, but it seems to be just rendering the HTML quickly and then the images (and other content) later.

201272[/snapback]

Yes I guess its something like that, since my CPU usage has gone up a little bit since I used this, still not a big problem tho...

Well, I used this a while ago, there is another topic about this here on Xisto. However, sometimes, the browser loaded wrong images. For instance, if there were two image on a website: cool.jpg and neo.jpg, neo.jpg could load where cool.jpg should have been loaded. This happened to me when loading sites with lots of images, so I changed it back to the normal, and now it works better...

meh.. i did that on the computer and it is CRAP.. IT slowed my internet moz friggin DOWN.. That little trick is also posted all over the world in nearly every 'young' forum i've been to.

There is a catch with doing this little tweak to firefox. It makes more connections with the server you are on meaning it puts more load on the server. As one user with this tweak you act as if you were 8 people. So be kind on the servers you are on by not using this unless you really want the extra speed.By the way, network.http.pipelining.maxrequests is hardwired to 8 so if you put it any higher than that it won't make a difference.

Wow thanks for this tip. As a new member I thought due to the amount of members visiting Xisto we have to live with a sometimes slow connection. But this does the trick, it speeds up again!

Not the newest thing in the world, but if nothing else I can say that it really does work. Back when i did it everything loaded much faster, sites that would normally take a day and a half (deviantart.com for example) would load in a much more timely fashion.though now-a-days i've been spoilt, since i've had my firefox "tweaked' for some time now.

WOW, that` s very cool. I tried it out. Owsome. I suggest to do it for everyone. Really thanks:)!WOw, and now... It`s faster but there are some errors now. I havn`t got them before...

Edited by apollo (see edit history)

Firefox i amazily fast to start with but with this it just over powers all the other browsers. You can really see the differnce when you do it at the same time internet exploer is so much slower

Ive tried a few webbrowsers in my time, including Internet Explorer, Opera, FireFox and some others. So far FireFox has been the best. Internet Explorer attracts too much spyware and other unwanted files.

I would recommend using the FasterFox extenstion for FireFox. It does all the necessary tweaks to increase FireFox's preformance. Includeds mutlilanguages for all users. Main benifits are the page loading times.

Prefetch LinksDynamic speed increases can be obtained with Fasterfox's unique prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently loading and caching all of the links on the page you are browsing.

Not really needed, but theres a nifty page load timer too. So you can actually see how long the pages take in seconds and miliseconds. There are quite a large range of options for FasterFox. Very n00b friendly. Brilliant extenstion to have.

http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/

Get DSL speeds with dial up

mmm this tutorial works for DSL connections, or just for dialup?

It simply alteres settings within firefox which are factory set too low. Eg.. Max connections per server 2. Simply 2 conenctions per server. So increases that to 4 should make websites load quicker.Alterting the settings wont make yr downloads go any faster lol. So "Get DSL speeds on dial up" isnt totally correct. Install FasterFox its alot easier :lol: