xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vstxy

The Best Strategy Game old strategy

This will beat all of them... STARCRAFT, the most amazing and well balanced game in the industry,there is no question of if it is the best, it is the best

bloodraven11

As I can't say only one best strategy game, for talking about old, I guess one of the best strategy game types is/was Civilization like series, Command & Conquer like series and Heroes of Might and Magic like series :mellow:So a lot has started from Laser Squad, Dune 2 and Warcraft I, Civilization I :PPlaying Freeciv or Civ3, Red Alert, Heroes III or even Heroes IV can make you play those games for hours and even more :wub:

Command & Conquer : General 

it has good Graphic

and an expansion pack

such as :

C&C :General Zero hour

TRY THIS GAME

-reply by xxRAZORxx

best strat gamesThe Best Strategy Game

warzone 2100

its one of the best games out there,,,ever

thecontinuum.Com

is a pretty cool game to 

-reply by Dyax

Best Real Time Strategy of the years.The Best Strategy Game

Starcraft is without a doubt in my mind the most equal and fair RTS there ever was. It's not too basic and its not too advanced either. The technologically tree makes sense but will also keep you thinking to make smart decisions. The 3 classes/teams are so different and unique and play very different, yet they are incredibly balanced and have been refined to perfection. Resource placement and map set up is incredibly well done. Not to mention the fact that the online play is the best and the most solid I have ever experience in any RTS. As far as single player goes, the storyline is very original and will really get you interested into the game universe. To top the cake, the map/scenario editor is awesome, easy to use and understand and its very fun to set up playable maps, or just make a really epic battle.

There are other well done RTS's out there, but to me, Starcraft will always be the classic RTS. I have been playing it for 6 years and I still am interested in it and have frequent games. And don't forget its made by the legendary Blizzard who made classics such as... Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft I, II and III, Starcraft, and now the legendary MMO World of Warcraft ( I'm not too big of a fan of WoW ). But Starcraft was a great defining point in war based RTS's. Some would say its the Unreal Tournament of RTS's. Long story short, you can't go wrong with Starcraft.

-reply by anarcheril

As for me I think the best strategy game is Heroes of Might and Magic(HOMAM) starting from HOMAM III.

If you like turn-based strategy games than its for you. I prefer III version, maybe because it was my first strategy game ;) but...but if you want to see good video graphic better try Heroes of Might and Magic V.

Gameplay - heroes are player characters who can recruit armies, move around the map, capture resources, and engage in combat. Also, heroes gain experience levels from battle, such that veteran heroes are significantly more powerful than inexperienced ones. Experienced heroes may persist through a campaign, but do not carry over between single scenarios.

If you like it you can find all versions in one DVD I think almost all game stores have this DVD!

One more game - Cossacks and Cossacks II.

Cossacks including 3 parts - European Wars, Back to War and The Art of War

Cossacks: European Wars is a game about epic battles in one of the most turbulent eras in European history. Mighty nation-states were forged in the fires of the battlefield, and massive fleets set sail with dreams of conquest. It was a time of war after bloody war, wars lasting decades, wars involving nearly every European nation. These dramatic events of the 16th through 18th centuries in Europe have provided Ukrainian developer GSC Game World with ample material for a fairly ambitious, if flawed, real-time strategy game.

Cossacks II including 2 parts, exactly Cossacks II: Battle EU and Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars

All review you can find here ;)

I have played a few strategy games but my overall favourite would be Lord of the rings : Battle for Middle Earth 2 (LOTR BFME2) (PC Game).The game has to be purchased.Lord of the rings is actually a great film as well (except for the hobbits part - i only enjoyed the warfare).The reason I got into LOTR BFME2 was because 2 of my friends bought it when it came out and they said it was the best game they have played on pc.So I bought the game.. played it.. and it really was a great game.The story mode and single player, I never really liked cause it was boring.I entered right into Multiplayer and the strategies and tactics you could do in game play was amazing, and the warfare was just awesome.So the best strategy game I have ever played would have to be LOTR BFME2 (and also the expansion pack, which was the rise of the witch king).

I still play Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos although i've moved into Frozen Throne alot more now... and have downloaed and created custom maps to play with my siblings on family reunions and stuff.... I like the old Warcraft 3 because it's not so resource hungry and can easily run on a Pentium 3 machineAlthough i've seen some really cool games lately it's always hard to get all my family upgrade to a decent rigGO WARCRAFT III ;)

I don't know if the tower defense games falls into strategy games. But these days i'm addicted to it. I am playing more thna 40 hours per week with these type of games. But if you ask me before that i think "age of mythology" is the only game that i wanted to play over and over because of graphics. I think the graphics is simply attractive during that time. I have not seen such old game with good graphics. I know there xbox games or other wow games with some good graphics. But that aside i guess during times of age of mythology there wasn't much creative campaign based games over there. SO i prefer to play that over and over even these days. I also think that tower defense games are addictive being difficult and mostly teases your panic skills. Some of the tower defense games that i know so far are - desktop tower defense, garden panic, garden tower defense, plants vs zombies and many others.I think of these games as strategy or more of tower defense genre. i'm not into much categorization when it comes to games so spare me if it was wrong in any way.

I just finished playing strategy defense 3 game which is tower defense game. I know it is kinda too fast and it's hard to keep it up with the pace of this game. But it's okay if you like strategy games with some speed. I think this game has potential to be a good tower defense game but only if they make it more attractive adding story and some sort of incetive. As of now there seems to be nothing in the game that attracts and the speed is also fast unless you're tower defense player, you'll find it boring and too quick to finish or play.

There is also one more game of which I tried playing the demo version. It is oil rush game. This is another tower defense kind of game and it is good at graphics. You'll defeinitely enjoy the game for it's graphics. Atleast I did and I am sure that others are going to enjoy for the same. Strategy and the speed is fine and it's quite addictive too. There are ofcourse some limitations in towers and difficulty in the game. But they have kept the rest for the paid version which is fair in my opinion. There is also linux and mac version of that game but not yet tried on linux and as per sources the game is not yet built properly for the linux. So skipping that version any way.

One more game tested this week is "revenge of the titans". This is good game and i would love to review the game separately. As of now i have tested it on windows 7 and as per my observation vista and windows xp running is kinda difficult for this game. It is java based game and is slow as expected. But once loaded it runs smoothly. Graphics is cool and you'll get hooked to it. There are powerful monsters and even towers can't kill some of them. For rest of the other review I may opne another thread for the detailed review.