xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vstxy

The Best Strategy Game old strategy

Aaah cinthia! I had forgotten about those old city builder games! I wish they'd release a new version of one of them... I had played Zeus and Ceasar 2/3 and I loved them. They always did an excellent job of recreating the culture of the place (albeit to a limited technological level since the games are a handful of years old now) and had great pacing and everything. Good times were had with those games. Too bad they killed the series'For me my all time fav RTS was probbaly Total Annihilation. Now most people played Star Craft and never heard of or never played much of TA but I prefered it. Just something about the balance of units and everything. Sure the storyline was almost nonexistent but at the time I just wanted a game to play online against my friends. And so it was done.Getting past that I really loved WC3+expansion. Both were really well done, same with C&C Generals. Amazing graphics and gameplay. Both were awesome but I just never got into any other RTS as much as I was addicted to TA back in the day. Then again I don't play RTS's as much anymore so that probably is a major factor too.

Like someone said before it really depends on what kind of game you are looking for, from the description (old game) im gonna guess that you are looking for gameplay over graphics. For this I would direct you towards either classic; command and conquer: red alert 1 or 2, or any one of the age of empires series. Just get whichever time you like the idea of best.

I'm gonna put down the games I think are the best in a few categories of features of strategy games, and as the author of this forum specified, they're all old games -(please, warcraft II is a nightmare to run on a pentium 3, who ever got the idea its an old game??)

Ancient civilizations, lots of cool battles, city building - Age of Empires 1 (really old), Age of Empires 2 :Kings/Conquerors (more features, released a couple of years later, but a cakewalk for pentium2/3 systems)

Ancient civilizations, Plain old City building but still great gameplay experience - Caesar 2/ 3 (played it for the first time on a Pentium 1)

Modern warfare, great gameplay experience - Command and Conquer : Red Alert & Command and Conquer : Red Alert 2 (In one word, awesome!)

Others should feel free to add to this list in this format for easy comparison:)

heroes of might and magic!

The Best Strategy Game

I would say heros of might and magic. All of them. They all rock!

-nolan

The best strategy game thus far has to be either world of warcraft or starcraft. These two games are carefully put together and balanced that drives the gamers to an addiction for the game. So much to learn and so many ways to play your squads. Each race has its advantage and so forth, so makes combat interesting. Blizzard has gone very far into expanded both the warcraft universe as well as the starcraft universe. Now with warcraft in its next phase that is called world of warcraft, Blizzard will be soon releasing the most anticipated game to be launched this year. That game would be known as Starcraft 2. A game that many strategy enthusiast like myself are looking foward to play and experience. This game offers a motherload of improvements over its predecessor. Everything from graphics to gameplay to new races, starcraft 2 will probably set the bar for other game makers that are competing with them for the best know strategy game ever made to date. But in the upcoming months we will see what Blizzard have in store for us as many of us are irritatinly waiting. Many years has past since the release of the first game, and Blizzard has finally decided it was time to release the sequel.

Most people agree and I agree that strategy games are the LESS boring or boringLESS games you can hook up with, it can stick your *bottom* on the chair for 12 hours or more!I recommend WarCraft or Dota it's the most addictive game in our place. Few years back, I can recall Gundam Wing. Or you could try super mario! on a quad-core system! ehehehe

All the listed games are good. I try for modern warfare like C&C Generals, also medieval 2 total war. The best graphics but not for beginners or older computers. (XP or Vista) I have bettan Warcraft and Starcraft and I am still addicted just to the campaigns. Used to play Red alert 2 and it is still one of the best games of all time. Lets give it up for Westwood studios, EA games and Seirra studios! -reply by BRG_General_Ike

feed back, you might be thinking about pharaoh: http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/198289-pharaoh/index.html

the game fits what you describe... and is a kind of follow up to the games you mention...

what concerns strategy games Starcraft is probably the most famous ever and is still quite played this day. It has good story, good music and good race balance. That is it is almost impossible to say which of the three races is the best.

also if you want never strategy games there is company of heroes which is nice enough and world in conflict which is a little less nice

well age of empires is very wide spreaded with many version there are also the battle of rome and if u like economy there is a very nice game called 1703 bc the is also the settlers

1. Civilization 3- It doesn't look the best but I love the gameplay and can sit in front of it for hours on end.2. Black and White 2- Its different then any other game I have played in a good way and just like with Civ 3 I could play it for hours.3. Rome Total War- I love it but it doesn't have some thing important but I don't know what. Still a great game.