xisto Community
EJay

Google.hacked? Could you pass the virus?

Hey all, I hear that google got infected from a virus. Anyone that was trying to look up information on google, it would just take you back to the homepage. One of the first things you have to notice, to make sure you dont get infected. I got infected heavily. Appearently when it put me back on the google homepage, it downloaded a virus onto my computer and now it's in the shop.

google search works like a charm for me... nothing to indicate any hacking or virus. what country are you by the way? maybe it's country specific (google redirects a searcher to the country domain of google searchers). and have you identified the virus you have already?

Hey all, I hear that google got infected from a virus.

59312[/snapback]

You say you've heard about it. I'd like to know if from where you heard is a reliable source? Because a news like that would spread like a wood fire. I've been trying to search about this article but is nowhere to find. If you have any information on this virus/worm or find a patch to it, please post. Thanks.

I seriously doubt that Google would be able to get their servers hacked, anyways, i've been using it the enitre day and nothing's happened to me.

Hey all, I hear that google got infected from a virus. Anyone that was trying to look up information on google, it would just take you back to the homepage. One of the first things you have to notice, to make sure you dont get infected. I got infected heavily. Appearently when it put me back on the google homepage, it downloaded a virus onto my computer and now it's in the shop.

59312[/snapback]

Google Hijacked, that would be the headline of the national news paper, I dont think GOOGLE has been Hijacked, its probley a bug in your computer. :angry:

It was not about a virus infecting google.. It was a about a virus affecting client machines which accessed the Google search to get more and more email addresses. The virus seemed to have executing a lot of queries which eventually affected the server. Then Google had temporarily stopped providing cached results etc.. so as to protect against it.

It was not about a virus infecting google.. It was a about a virus affecting client machines which accessed the Google search to get more and more email addresses.  The virus seemed to have executing a lot of queries which eventually affected the server. Then Google had temporarily stopped providing cached results etc.. so as to protect against it.

59331[/snapback]

so its not just someones imagination... well the virus it self isnt from google and thats a big relief, but its interesting how the virus taps into google, wait does this mean it spreads through email that it searches or gmail??

Google Error
We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

I always get this message when I try to check the no. of pages that google has indexed from my sites.

Google DID get a worm or something... but that was like AGES ago... like last year or something... right?

I don't know. Google should be quite strong in terms of its network reliability and security.If a script keeps sending it automated requests, it's gonna be a problem. Every web owner hates it.....-Shackman

Wow, google.. Screwed up. I never thought it would happen. >_> Topic Creator, what was the name of the virus that your computer got infected with? I'm just curious and I was searching google and you see, my username everywhere else is 'Helljumper', right? I searched 'Helljumper' in google and it came up with my GameFAQs recognition page and my name:Mike "Helljumper" FratelloO_O; Evil Googlebots!

I always get this message when I try to check the no. of pages that google has indexed from my sites.

59340[/snapback]

Come to think of it, I've also gotten that message when I was checking for similar links. It's wierd, because it works on some links, and not on others. I really doubt I have spyware or a virus on my computer because if I did, I would know (and I use the most recent software, so I really don't think that there is a virus). Maybe it might be a connection problem, or just google having personal issues...