xisto Community
clovis

Good Places To Advertise Your Site

Thanks! That is a good spot, but one thing, it's nice when you post a url if you make it a link. :(

If you don't know how, just put url tags around it in the post.

Example: [.url]
http://forums.xisto.com/
http://search.url.com/ [./url]
http://forums.xisto.com/

(just leave out the "." periods.)

That give you: http://search.url.com/

Thanks again!

Is it effective to advertise your website on Craiglist? I heard that it's a popular classified ads website, and very useful to people looking to sell property, cars and so on.

the site looks a little messy and confusing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that site looks a little messy and confusing only because they are trying to put too much information onto one page.

Is it effective to advertise your website on Craiglist? I heard that it's a popular classified ads website, and very useful to people looking to sell property, cars and so on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right it is a popular classified ads websites but that does not mean that you cannot misuse this site and post an ad for your website.................................................................... Right? :):):) but that may or may not be very effective.......................................................................

I've been using autosurf programs to advertise my site. It isn't all that effective, but I guess that it's better than nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have used autosurf also but I find it to be more of a pain then anything else.

1. You have to keep a browser open that surfs autosurf sites

2. You do not always get credit for using autosurf to look at others pages

3. You are not garanteed any visits I used it for about 3 months with NO hits

4. If you do not use it for about a week they blast your email address with emails telling you that you are inactive

SO use it if you think that you can overlook those pains.......................................

But I suggest you don't.....................................

:)

I agree that site looks a little messy and confusing only because they are trying to put too much information onto one page.

You are right it is a popular classified ads websites but that does not mean that you cannot misuse this site and post an ad for your website.................................................................... Right?    but that may or may not be very effective........................................................................................

ya u r right buddy
thats true :P
that may not be so effective
ny wayz whats worng in giving a try :blink:B)

Well, thank you for that info about where to advertise websites. Ive had a look at that site, man they nearly advertise most websites. Not a very userfriendly site in my opinion. A bit of random advertising and text here and there. I suppose after a while you will get used to it.Anyway, i prefer to rely on word of mouth and posting it on other sites that are relevant to the topic of the website.And thanks other people, for telling us all not to use that autosurfer thing. Well of course it wont work on most things as most are 1 unique visit is 1 IP address for a certain time period (set by site owner).

Yeah... craigslist is a classifieds website supported by a lot of people in the computer community... It's great... the only drawback for that is if youre advertising for job position or anything having to do with you making money for your business, they charge you a fee to do so.... I used to be free, but I heard Yahoo bought the company of the original owner and now obviously I will see a lot of changes in that.... Yahoo is a big money making search engine/yada yada yada... With craigslist under their ownership, theyll slowly and eventually turn the classifieds site into a money making opportunity for them... no doubt... I hope the information Ive received was untrue... because ive been using craigslist eversince the early 90's, and losing something convenient and useful like that would be devastating.... Chin chin...

I don't think Yahoo! will cause the situation with Craiglist to deteriorate to such a poor extent. I believe that no doubt, Yahoo will find a smart way to monetize the purchase, but they'll do it in a way such that the original usefulness of Craiglist won't be compromised. In fact, with Yahoo's cash injection, they'll upgrade and make it even better. What do you think?