xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jguy101

My System Specs It said you could brag about them....

I built my own budget PC and it's nothing much but I think I should have at least get a better subscription plan with my ISP since I have to share a 256KBps Broadband connection with my cousin, who uses more than half of it playing his games on his a426d but well, I can't do much about it since he's the one playing/paying.

Windows XP Home Edition OS

Athlon XP 1800+ Processor Chip

Cooler Master DP5-6I31D-01 Active Cooler

Chaintech 7NIL1-SUMMIT Motherboard

256MB Kingston PC2700

In-Win V564G Case

250W Power Supply (included with case)

Western Digital WD400BB Hard Drive

Sony DDU 1621 DVD-ROM (16X/48X)

ATI Radeon 7000 64MB graphics card

19" CTX VL700 CRT Monitor

Creative SBS 270 Speakers

Integrated Audio

Logitech LABTEC Generic PS2 (Donated)

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (Donated)

It's built some time last year so it may look a little old but who cares...I'm not much into games since I probably don't even have the money to afford them :)

I built my own budget PC and it's nothing much but I think I should have at least get a better subscription plan with my ISP since I have to share a 256KBps Broadband connection with my cousin, who uses more than half of it playing his games on his a426d but well, I can't do much about it since he's the one playing/paying.

Windows XP Home Edition OS

Athlon XP 1800+ Processor Chip

Cooler Master DP5-6I31D-01 Active Cooler

Chaintech 7NIL1-SUMMIT Motherboard

256MB Kingston PC2700

In-Win V564G Case

250W Power Supply (included with case)

Western Digital WD400BB Hard Drive

Sony DDU 1621 DVD-ROM (16X/48X)

ATI Radeon 7000 64MB graphics card

19" CTX VL700 CRT Monitor

Creative SBS 270 Speakers

Integrated Audio

Logitech LABTEC Generic PS2 (Donated)

Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical (Donated)

It's built some time last year so it may look a little old but who cares...I'm not much into games since I probably don't even have the money to afford them  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that is SUPER budget cheapo. Good job.

Wow, that is SUPER budget cheapo.  Good job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the comment. If only my parents were not dead, I don't think I will even have this kind of budget PC system. One question I'll like ask you guys viewing this topic: Which Linux OS (Free) would you recommend other than Windows 98SE for a computer running a 200MHz Pentium Processor with MMX Technology and 128MB RAM? (Please tell me your answer when posting your PC specs or just PM me. I'll appreciate your help greatly so that my sister will stop nagging at me and fight over the computer I built.)

Thanks for the comment. If only my parents were not dead, I don't think I will even have this kind of budget PC system. One question I'll like ask you guys viewing this topic: Which Linux OS (Free) would you recommend other than Windows 98SE for a computer running a 200MHz Pentium Processor with MMX Technology and 128MB RAM? (Please tell me your answer when posting your PC specs or just PM me. I'll appreciate your help greatly so that my sister will stop nagging at me and fight over the computer I built.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Which Linux OS would you recommend other than Windows"...? Well Windows ain't Linux anyway so any Linux OS recommended to you wont be Windows LoL.

Anyway, my PC stats;

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

512 MB DDR Ram

Seagate 120 GB HDD

20 GB HDD Secondary drive (pulled out of an old HP computer)

ATi Radeon 9600 SE

Pioneer DVD combo drive (8x DVD/DVD-R 24x CD-R/RW)

I think that's everything worth mentioning.

Maybe you should try windows 2000.My computer isn`t very good, but that`s enough for me:Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, about 2.2 GHzMemory: 256MB RAMBIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.0Display: GeForce FX 5200 256.0 MBSound: SoundMAX Digital AudioHDD: Samsung 80 GB

Hmmm well I've made a few upgrades on mine lately.. (graphics an soundcard) but yeah..Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+Memory: 512MB DDRHDD 1: Maxtor 120 GB HDDHDD 2: Another 120gb (not sure of model lol)DVD: NEC DVD_RW ND-2500AGraphics: Radeon X800SESoundcard: Audiophile 2496Monitor: 19" Vision Master 1451

I have been messing around with Red Hat linux and like it. One tip it you install linux on that pc don't install kde, use gnome. Gnome is much lighter weight and won't run as slow. BTW, fedora core is technically the same as red hat but a newer version.And now for my pc specsAXP2500 @ 1.1ghz due to my mobo's capacitors bulging and having to underclock it for the time being.8rda+ motherboard1gb pc3200 ddr in dual channel mode80gb hard drive Radeon 9800npSparkle 300watt power supplyFourthbean

My home built baby.Asus A7N8X-E Delux. socket A mobo.AMD Barton 2800+ @ 2.23ghz1GB Corsair XMS pc3200nVidia 5950 128mb1x 120gb WD hdd1x 40gb Seagate hddDVD,CD burnerAntec 380w truePower ( a bad PSU will kill all your box very quickly)1- 19 inch gateway CRT, 1- 21 inch HP CRTfor cooling, 300gph pond pumpswiftech mw-6000 waterblock9x5 heater core from a freightliner in the junkyard.:rolleyes: i love m'baby.

Here are my specs..DesktopMSI K8TneoAthlon 64 fx 531 gig ram(2) 200 gig sata hdGeforce FX 5900 256Mb Video cardLaptop is:Sager 9860Dual 3.2 P4'sATI Mobile Radeon X800 256 16x Pci - Express2 Gig DDR2100 gig SATA DriveDVD-RW/CD-RW17" Widescreen Monitor

i have a compaq presario 2190us laptop pc....i love itceleron 2.4ghz processor448mb ram512 cache40gig hd - i need more :rolleyes: cdr-rw/dvd drive15" lcd displayradeon igp 340m - works...could be betteri have windows xp professional on there....(no sp2...me no like it)id tell you all the software on there...but thatd take a bit...and im lazy

If someone of you do NOT beat this, you have a problem :rolleyes: 500 Mhz20GB64Mb ramWell, thats basically it, if i come up with some more numbers, it will be embarrising :)

Man.. what wouldn't I give to get myself an old-timer like that... keep it safe & well.. it's going to be an invaluable mesuem piece in no time :rolleyes:

I don't need to say much about my system specs - it's always attached with my signature.. but for bragging's sake, I'll embed it in the message body here:

Posted Image

Man.. what wouldn't I give to get myself an old-timer like that... keep it safe & well.. it's going to be an invaluable mesuem piece in no time :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine's more museum stuff! LOL

IBM Thinkpad 390E

CPU : PII 333MHz

HD : 12GB (IBM Dara)

RAM : 256MB (maximum that's supported by my MB)

Mind you, I can run Flash MX 2004 Pro, Dreamweaver MX, PhotoShop 7 (CS is too much), Illustrator 10,... The programs my baby has issues with is MediaPlayer, Yahoo! Messenger and sometimes MSN (when people message me there and the box pops up)

But, I got this laptop for free, the only thing "broken" is the battery. It won't last longer then 15 to 20 min in windows. In linux it lasts me up to 3 hours.

Hehe 64 mb of ram :rolleyes:I have an Amd Athalon 64 3800+ 512k 90nm Rev E, It kicks all other cpu's (well most except Athalon fx 53 939)1 gig ram100 gig hd (Complements of Pricewatch.com)and to top that all of a Radeon x50 XT, One of the sweetest video cards ever.... only thing is that my motherboard is a peice of crap and cant handle my video card and most of my ram. im running at 64MB for my video card when I have the power to run 256 sucks soo much.