xisto Community
ebbinger_413

Make Your Own FPS Game

Then again, you could always use 3DS MAX 7 or Maya <whatever version is out now>, which will deliver very high quality graphics. Altough I am not sure if 3DS or Maya can actually be used to create actual scenarios, or plots. But I do know that some of the highest quality games and movies are made with it. The only downsides that i see with it is the price tags(ITS IN THE BLOODY THOUSANDS!), and the fact that it can be very hard to lear for a newbie in this field of computers.

Then again, you could always use 3DS MAX 7 or Maya <whatever version is out now>, which will deliver very high quality graphics. Altough I am not sure if 3DS or Maya can actually be used to create actual scenarios, or plots. But I do know that some of the highest quality games and movies are made with it. The only downsides that i see with it is the price tags(ITS IN THE BLOODY THOUSANDS!), and the fact that it can be very hard to lear for a newbie in this field of computers.

Yep you can use Max for Levelediting.
Splinter Cell 2 or 3 offered that possibility.
And of course other AAA Games which I don't remember the name also makes use of max.
Well, if you want to do something for HL(2) Max is not the best solution, it's better to use the default editor.
HL(2) uses a different editing sheme and does not allow us to use max (it simply isn't designed to be used in Max)
For example Splinter Cell offers a whole SDK, where you can place entities/lights right in Max
Well yeah as mentioned the only downside is that it is unaffordable for the casual ones :/

Game Maker is built more specific for the development of 2d Games. 3d Support in Game Maker is poor in power, I suggest other tools for FPS design.

Look. Game creators inhibit creativity and makes it extremely hard to produces original game play. If you want to make a game, learn how to program. Using a programing language like C++ will enable you to make whatever type of game you want. The extra effort to go out in learn a languages will be worth it.

I downloaded FPS Creator but never got around to using it, then my trial expired. Lol.And Game Maker, you can make good games with that? I've seen like pacman and such.If anybody has their own created games by FPS creator or Game Maker PLEASE SHOW ME! :rolleyes:

Ok...

FPS creator is an awsome program and is definatly worth it's cost. It does allow you (if you spare the time) to create awsome FPS games. Although the Game Creators say that no scripting knowledge is required, if you do want to make a commercial quality game, then you will need to do some scripting but (honestly) it is harly any and it is really simple to get the hang of.

Best of all, every month or so, the developers release new expansion packs which allow you to (for a low cost) add to your list of fully animated and scripted weapons and segemnts (walls, doors, etc). You can use all of these in you games and they are awsome!!!

Ok, here is just an example, a fully scripted M4A1 Assult Rifle with (you can choose these upgrades for each gun as you put it inot your game) underslung grenade launcher, holographic scope, iron sight and laser targeting beam. All the reloading scripts for the clip and the GL are done for you. (Check out the attachement pic).

However, the graphics for games created with FPS creator were limited, however that has all changed with the new version, FPS Creator X10. No Joke man, it allows you to create seamless FPS's with... (wait for it...) DX10 graphics... Want a co-incidence? It's released the day I weite this, November 30 2007.

However, the specs for the new verion (X10) are insane and include; Windows Vista, At least 1 GB RAM (preferably 2GB) and (I'm serious) an nVidia 8800. That cancels out 99.99% of the population so most people are still using the origional (where game creator is still releasing patches and new weapon sets, and promise to be for a long time). This application is on the top of my wishlist, and I can't wait till I can get it...

The website for FPSC X10 can be found here: https://www.thegamecreators.com/product/game-guru'>https://www.thegamecreators.com/product/game-guru
The origional FPS creator website can be found here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As for a game created with this engine and application. A good example is the game Beyond Life. This was made quite a while ago with the origional FPS creator so the quality of games able to be created has imporved by loads. As well as this, way more weapons have been allowed for download and the patches have made the whole thing better and more possilble.

A video of this game can be found here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If your interested, I'd recomend subscribing to the Game Creators monthy newsletter.

Wait, did I tell you your game can have up to 50 missions and you can make multiplayer? Oh, yeah you can also sell the games you make royalty free...

For more information about the gamecreators and their products check out their website, here: https://www.thegamecreators.com/

This may sound like almost too good to believe, but trust me, I have the origional FPS creator and it is awsome. As long as you have the patience and the time, you can create pretty much everything you can think of.

FPS CREATOR

Make Your Own FPS Game ?!?!?!?!

Ok now one do not use the games like "Game Creator".. FPS CReator is a good designing program that is quite easy to use...Just because you have the option of not coding in it does not make it bad...

Ive now been working on the games..But instead trying to create software patches to export .Max files (3ds max) into fps creator...

It would be nice as I can create some awesome enities in that...

I still tryin the code, I know how to programme but its in a different language as I'm used to ... Does anyone know the actual coding language... I think in X10... You can change the FPI Script easier than the others but you need Vista... I really want X10... Ive only been able to sell one game... In total thats reached a gross profit of �450.00/

Would anyone like to help create an open air lan farm? it will be good for creating the games...If you would...Or just like to reply.. Send to lewisstevens1@aol.Com ... I would like to get a bigger open air lan farm and if we could do that... We could start workin on the themes and have conferences... I would need a valid email adress to contact you on.,..

Many thanks

Lewisstevens 16 (Games Development Course 2 Yrs)

-Lewis Stevens

Ah, FPS Creator. In late 2006 and early 2007 I was always trying to program games. Usually they were 3rd person RPG's, however one time I decided to try and make an FPS. It was easier than you'd think. This program I also tried at a time close to what I previously mentioned. It's easier than programming from scratch, but the engine is hard to work with. You'd be better off just making your own FPS engine in gamemaker or if you are experianced, C++.