xisto Community
NilsC

World's Longest Single Word Domain Name! Cracked me up when I saw it.

I would have figured http://supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.com/ from that song in a Walt Disney Movie where that crazy woman went around singing it all the time, but it is probably mispelled, and it is only 35 letters.

When I was in the Navy the short acronym for my command was FASO which was short for FASOTRAGRULANT DET Cecil Field, which was also short for:

Fleet Aviation Specialized Operational Training Group Atlantic Fleet Detachment Cecil Field, they just called us FASOs.

In this forum everything is wierd ... anyway . LOL its very funny the way they but there adress on the domain . Who would click on that ? actually maybe they would because they will find it funny and click but they might also get suspicious and think its a virus . Anyway very funny :)

HAH! Completely pointless, but still sort of neat. Whats the shortest english domain name? The one posted by Jipman? Or are there other non-.coms that are longer?

1064334656[/snapback]

Like he said by hisself it isn't a domain name, it's one normal domain with a bunch of subdomains in front of it. Second of all he said that there's a limit of 63 characters for .com domain (amn't sure of that).

-=jeroen=-

Hahaha yeah.. who would memorize that if they don't speak the language? bit crazy also the site is pointless, you can hardly get to it without having the direct link (Because it is so long and hard to remember).. imagine the email address if they set one up, with no direct link someone is going to have a hell of a time typing that in lol-HellFire

Okay, no offense, but what in the world do those people think they are doing? I mean, it can be cool to have a very very long URL name but this serves really NO PURPOSE at ALL! Think about it, what good do they get from it? Maybe just an entry in the Guinness' Book of World Records 2006... or 2007, but that's not the point.In my opinion, I think it can be like a cool thing to do, but just trying to be on the top of the list for some not-a-very-really-purposeful-purpose is just weird. For me, I wouldn't do anything like that. I would just stick with Gmail - maybe because I'm just too lazy or I just don't really care about it. Yeah! I don't really care about it! Hahahaha... but it's okay, I'm not saying that getting the longest URL or E-mail address is wrong or anything but it's just... weird. Not a very good reason behind it, I bet. Unless it's like a school project or something. Hehehehe... then that's alright, I think. HahaWait, is there like a 1-letter URL? Like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ??