xisto Community

I know what you mean. I can't see why anyone would want to buy a .tk domain. Because so many people have free ones, buying one and using it for something looks crappy, espically when you could buy a better, more professional one for the same (or a lower) price.

Any website I see with a .tk domain, I assume is a free, and rather rubbish site (that the was probably made in less time than took me to look at it) probably hosted on Geocities or some other low quality host.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sites on geocities and its terrible for advertising you just cant get them off

and when using frames they get in the way of your text.

By the way goes this site's space have advertising because im not quite their yet

QUOTE(saxsux @ Apr 24 2005, 08:20 PM)I know what you mean. I can't see why anyone would want to buy a .tk domain. Because so many people have free ones, buying one and using it for something looks crappy, espically when you could buy a better, more professional one for the same (or a lower) price.

Any website I see with a .tk domain, I assume is a free, and rather rubbish site (that the was probably made in less time than took me to look at it) probably hosted on Geocities or some other low quality host.

Why would you pay for one. Last time I checked it cost over 100$ a year to have

one and you can get a domain name and like 100 gigs/unlimited bandwidth for

that price. Yeah that is sad that a webhosting company was on a .tk. Was it a

free one or a paid one?

Not all .tk sites are crappy. They give you free traffic so I put all sites that I do on

a .tk and some other free url redirection services just to get the traffic.

It does not cost $100 to have a domain name, if that is what you mean, (if it isnt't what do you mean?), it costs more like $5 or $10 max a year.Astahost does not put ads on your webspace, that is the reason I came here, :P.

Oh there sure are things to complain about, you muight not have encountered problems. But I have, the big thing is that they use frame rediection, not URL, so cookies, POST and a few otehr things are mesed up.As I said I cheated to overcome their frame redirection, so now everythign is fine, youlikejava.tk, now works, it did not under frames.

yeah i mean if you really need to go to all that trouble just to get a redirection service i personally would just buy a domain, i mean they ain't that cheap and u'll feel better if u do. I soppuse .tk's are fine for clans or something just friendly blogs, but you definetly need a .com,.net etc domain if you want to look professional

You can choose to have a pop-up or not!!! You can have a banner if you want, you can have a text link if you want, or no ads at all!!!

As I said before, you can write a very simple JavaScript script and put it on your targetted webpage that redirects to your website without teh frame. The frame is what kills.

Here is my script:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"><!--parent.location.href = 'http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

Dot.tk sevices is great. There are lots of reason for its being great. One is its free. Where could you find in the net where you could have your own domain name for free? They also have the traffick statistics which is cool. The frame set thing is of course understandable. Come to think of it.. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME FOR FREE! If you ask for more then you are not being realistic.

I don't understand why people use dot.tk... Sure its free... but you get popup ads, a big ad on site entrance and your site is inside a frame. A proper top level domains costs less than $10. A sum of money that should be a problem for anyone who has money to use internet. And besides, if your site has some traffic you could easily earn that ten dollars bu running your own ads (for example Google adsense). And sorry guys, but dot.tk domain gives a kind of unprofessional impression.

I use the redirection site UNI.CC which is good. There's a thing that bug me when I took a look to dot.tk site is that you have to give personal information which I don't find it necessary for redirecting a site. That's true that you get ads and all that when you go on a .tk site. Why don't you go directly to the site? You have to click on the link.... (if you don't want to wait)

THERE ARE MANY MANY WAYS TO DEAL WITH THE PRELOAD PAGE IN TK DOMAINS!!!If you change your marketing support u can avoid that..I THINK TK IS GREAT!!!, it's free, and if you don't want to have your page in a big frame, then make an intro page to load the other OVER ALL pages!people is used to complaint about the things they're getting for free... if u don't like the service, DON'T USE IT, BUT DON'T AKE BAD FALSE PROMO OF IT!!!!!!i feel this because i'm a webmaster, and i work for a comunity for free.. and people don't apreciate my work... :) .... :) ...... :)

You can find .com domains at $5 or $6, so .net and .org. .Info are $4 and there are also a lot of other cheap tlds and cctlds. You must be very poor to not buy your own domain name.

I'm not very poor, but i don't have a credit card, and i live in Colombia, Latinamerica... So Tk it's just fine with me!And, why pay for what you get for free?

I think dot.tk used to be good. There was a option somewhere to disable that pop up. But ever since they added that redirect link to your page (When you enter a .tk link it goes to a .tk page then saids u will be redirect in blah blah blah) kind of waste some seconds on going to the page you want too. Sure have a shorter url is koo but, pop up/and delays are annoying to me.