xisto Community
Poison_the_well

Nero Problems Fixing Nero Problems

11/26/07 - I just got a new sony DRU-190A, & also bot Nero8 ultra at Fry's, & tried a copy disk from the dvd to the recorder, which, the pdf manual says, writes the image to the HD for LATER burning to a new dvd. unfortunately, I left for an hour, & upon returning, the crt says "burn complete", & I found it had actually written over (and ruined) the to-part source movie dvd. called nero tech sppt & they verified that yes, after nero reads the copy of your source dvd, it opens the dvd drawer with the source dvd in it, and displays a message like "you have to minutes to remove your source dvd & put in your destination dvd" nero doesn't see the need to warn you that if you're absent at this juncture, the copy process proceeds normally, and nero assumes you've switched the dvd's & it closes the dvd drawer & begins to write over the dvd in the drawer.the method nero's tech sppt reco's for this is smartstart, rip&burn, copy disd, new compilation, etc.so don't turn your back on nero if you're a newbie !-karl strube

Hooray, nero burn problem sort-of solved (in case anyone else encounters this problem)! - on 11/26/07 I bought a new sony DRU-190A, & also bought Nero8 ultra at Fry's, & tried a copy disk from the dvd to the recorder, which, the pdf manual says, writes the image to the HD for LATER burning to a new dvd. unfortunately, I left for an hour, & upon returning, the crt says "burn complete", & I found it had actually written over (and so ruined) the to-part source lecture dvd. I called nero tech sppt & they verified that yes, after nero reads the copy of your source dvd, it opens the dvd drawer with the source dvd in it, and displays a message like "you have to minutes to remove your source dvd & put in your blank destination dvd". nero apparently (according to the tech I spoke to) doesn't see the need to warn you that if you're absent at this juncture, the copy process proceeds normally, and nero assumes you've switched the dvd's & it closes the dvd drawer & begins to write over the dvd in the drawer. the method nero's tech sppt reco's for this is smartstart, rip&burn, copy disc (from rt mddl menu, not left panel), new compilation, etc. (BUT, can't find the new compilation menu)so don't turn your back on nero if you're a newbie !-karl Strube

Question: I always copied dvd's/cd's on the fly with nero and no problems ever. Since 4 weeks nero copies the dvd and said burned "successfuly" However when I put the copy in the reader windows gives the message "this dvd has files that are unknown to windows and the dvd player can not read the dvd and said unknown file format and also I can not read what is on it. Changed burner and dvd player but same result. Other versions of Nero gave the same message and other burn programm as well. What els can I do ? Use XP and all service packs etc thanks |Paul-Paul

Installed Nero 7 Essentials over Nero 6 ultra edition - can

Nero Problems

I had Nero 6 and was very happy with it for a few years. Got a new DVD burner and it AUTOMATICALLY installed Nero 7 essentials. The burner didn't work and I returned it. Tried to uninstall Nero 7 essentials and it doesn't complete the uninstall. Nero 6 can't install anymore when I try to install it from the original disk. I just want my Nero 6 back - HELP! I mostly use Nero for burning data CD/DVDs and for authoring DVD's for TV (using WMV files). Suggestions?

-Tammi

Please help sum1 I'm having problems wiv nero it will reencode and burn but it wont copy a copy!-sammy

Probably you don't open the correct menu. I guess that you want to copy a CD which has a movie on it? then you have to choose the menu "CD copy", it will ask you for the original CD and then it will ask you for the blank CD.
I guess that you simply clicked on the movie in the CD, which is the way you ask nero to re-encode the movie, which obiously is not what you want, but which is a sometimes useful option in Nero. ;)

When I start my computer I always get a window saying NMIndexStoreSvr.Exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I am running XP and nero 7 essentials.Thanks John D

RW CD problem with nero

Nero Problems

Earlier wen I use to burn my RW CD wid nero,it worked well. Bt now, whenever I insert my RW CD, everytime it gives me a msg that the cd is not empty and nero can clean it 4 you.The problem is that the cd already consists of a lot of empty space but even den nero gives up dis msg.Even if the cd is containing 2MB file,then also it says its not empty.But another thing is that the software us working well with the simple writable cd.

-question by manya

Nero prob,em

Nero Problems

Hi,I am using Nero 8 and I have problems when I try to copy a DVD via the image (first to copy on HDD,then on a DVD).My RAM usage goes up as the DVD content is being copied on my HDD...So on about 50% my RAM usage is 90% (!).I got 4GB of RAM btw...Please help me out!

Thanks!

-question by Jasmin

Nero prob,em

Nero Problems

Hi,I am using Nero 8 and I have problems when I try to copy a DVD via the image (first to copy on HDD,then on a DVD).My RAM usage goes up as the DVD content is being copied on my HDD...So on about 50% my RAM usage is 90% (!).I got 4GB of RAM btw...Please help me out!

Thanks!

-question by Jasmin

Nero Problems

Nero Problems

I think Nero is an outlaw company that rips people off with reverse pirating of your computer. I have a Nero burning program Express 6.6.0. (they probably meant 666 when the wrote it)and it has been a nightmare since I installed it. The latest is, When I backed up my miles on a seagate unit, somehow nero attached their extension to every file. Now, when I tried to restore my file to my computer, the computer will not open them. Does anyone have a clue as to how to rid my files of the NCO file extension? Otherwise, I am going to lose a lot of good files. Nero makes it impossibe to get in touch with them for help as they charge $1.29 minute for help. WHAT A RIP-OFF COMPANY! THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN BY REGULATORS.

-reply by Jim Reynolds

Nero 8 wont allow me to bring up files

Nero Problems

Nero 8 was working till the other day. When I go to burn a DVD and click on the add file button it now brings up a little box instead of the larger box where the files are.So now I cannot bring anything over to be burnt.

This has got me stumped.

Can anyone give me some help on this.

-question by Garth

uninstall/install problems

Nero Problems

I bought the nero 8 essentials cd w/no manual from ebay awhile back installed it and when I tried to play a movie I had burned to the computer it tells me I don't have ?? don't remember the file so I uninstalled it and tried putting nero 7 back in and it keeps telling me that (There is already a newer nero application on your system please uninstall newer application & start install again. I went to control panel/programs & features/unistall and check to see if any nero was there and I don't see anything so my question is why is it still telling me that there is a newer application still installed?

Thanks

Shari

-question by shari

problem with nero only burning image files.

Nero Problems

I just installed nero, and it wont let me configure it to burn cds. When I go to burn audio or data, it just burns a nero image file on my desktop. And when I go to choose recorder, it only sees the image recorder, even tho I know my dvd drive drivers are installed properly. What do I do?

-reply by tony

--------------------

In Tools, Select your DEFAULT writer device.

It should not be the internal fake drive created by Nero for burning disk images to hard-drive.