xisto Community
arunkumarhg

Do You Prefer Laptop Or Desktop Computers? Which Is Better Overall?

Laptop VS Desktop  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have this machine HP DV 2500T which was very noisy. No wonder it died due to overheat and the screen issue. I think that was the problem related to the hardware issue. I think such type of fauly laptops also make a lot of noise. In my case that laptop was the one to make too much noise. I know that most of the time it is not quite easy to see such laptops.This one was special, gifted and blessed. It showed all the signs of faulty hardware. I am sure that there are some weird laptops out there with some high end configuration. I can think of alienware in that category. I think those are also noisy laptops because of the made of games features. On board sound system is also good but noisy. If we compare on case basis with laptops then yes some of them can be less or more noisy than PC.

Even though for a lot of reason a Desktop computer is much better, but I still have a laptop and use it, just that when I am at home, I connect it to a big LCD monitor and use a separate logitech cordless mouse and keyboard, so it looks like a Desktop computer.Laptops are good, that when there is an electricity jump or electricity suddenly goes out for a second, it won't turn off :DBut for most, Desktop is cheaper and more powerful for using, laptop may sometimes be more convenient, you can bring it to school, college, university and etc. and work with it, or you can easily go to another room.

Another stupid point is for newbies. If you need some help, you can take your laptop to a friend's home and ask him to show you how it works! With a desktop it's not so easy, if you don't have a car. <_<

Yordan :) YES! :)Even if you have a car, it's not as easy to take your desktop to your friend than a laptop, as you need some wiring to do to disconnect it and connect it. :PAlternative is to show your computer screen through Team Viewer :D

Yordan :) YES! :)
Even if you have a car, it's not as easy to take your desktop to your friend than a laptop, as you need some wiring to do to disconnect it and connect it. :P

Alternative is to show your computer screen through Team Viewer :D

is that some kind remote desktop like VNC?

is that some kind remote desktop like VNC?

Yes, it's an alternative to VNC. It's free for personal and friends-helping usage, and you have to pay the licence if it's for professional purposes.
VNC is useful inside a private nerwork, Team Viewer works from your home PC to your friends home PC crossing the internet, without any configuration, the remote server does the job.

Yes, it's an alternative to VNC. It's free for personal and friends-helping usage, and you have to pay the licence if it's for professional purposes.VNC is useful inside a private nerwork, Team Viewer works from your home PC to your friends home PC crossing the internet, without any configuration, the remote server does the job.

wow.... thats interesting, i've always thought of VNC as the tool for accessing between machines through the net - especially remotely connecting to my friends place/relatives

wow.... thats interesting, i've always thought of VNC as the tool for accessing between machines through the net - especially remotely connecting to my friends place/relatives

Yes, it is, but usually the concerned TCPIP port 3900 is not reachable from outside, you must configure the home ADSL router in order to allow this port. And, of course, your must know your friend's fixed IP address in order to reach his PC from the outdoor network.
And of course you have to pay for the VNC license, whereas the teamviewer license is free for personal use.

Yes, it is, but usually the concerned TCPIP port 3900 is not reachable from outside, you must configure the home ADSL router in order to allow this port. And, of course, your must know your friend's fixed IP address in order to reach his PC from the outdoor network.And of course you have to pay for the VNC license, whereas the teamviewer license is free for personal use.

so you are saying that there will be no need for any configurations with teamviewer? just knowing the name/id of the other persons teamviewer application?

so you are saying that there will be no need for any configurations with teamviewer? just knowing the name/id of the other persons teamviewer application?

As simply as that. Your friends computer connects to the main server and opens a tunnel. Your computer connects to the server and opens a tunnel. Your friends gives you the current password by phone, you type this password on your computer, and you are connected.
The software has a portable version, so no installation, if not satisfied you simply remove the files from the computer.

wow... thats so cool... a few years back i was helping fix some software issues on a friends' machine, he lives in Australia and i'm in New Zealand... through google talk i gave him step by step instructions on acquiring VNC, setting it up and configuring his modem/router for me to remotely connect to itit was a painfully long process as my friend isn't so compute literate, but the issue eventually was fixed... i said to myself after that, if my friend calls again for another issue i'd recommend to find the closet computer repair shop hehe

You just put the zipped version of the portable version on a fileserver, ask him to download and unzip and run and tell you what he sees, and that's all.

that simple... wow... thanks for the share, this is a very useful and easy tool for me