xisto Community
harriko

What Keeps You Occupied On The Internet?

I spend a lot of time on forum, programming...etc. I do a lot of things, actually, so I'll just spout a list:

-Read/post at forums...

-Read blogs (most of the time I just randomly browse Google; I use GReader to catch my feeds...)

-Programming on Notepad++ (currently I'm making a Wordpress plugin to easily customize your css)

-I used to read a lot of manga on the Internet, but now, that has been taken over by programming

-Draw on Photoshop (often kills my eyes after seven-eight hours of staring at the screen)

-When I'm really bored, I get on Google Suggest and try random search queries. I also read Fanfiction, check my deviantArt etc.

-I sometimes chat with Google Talk, but most of the times I dislike chatting and try not to stay on.

-I used ICQ one time recently, but afterwards I uninstalled it because of the ads.

-Then, when I am really really bored, I play some random online game that I find for a couple of hours.

I am addicted to the internet for various reasons. First, I believe that I am addicted to the internet because it contains vast amount of information. I am currently browsing and researching information on web design, 3d modeling, action scripting and so on. I know that I would not have obtained the skills I have right now without the internet. I learn more from the internet than I actually learned in school. Even my mentors and proffessors reccommend me sources online that would be useful for me to look at if I wanted to learn a specfic material.Secondly, I think that I use most of my time on the internet to download various things whether they be images, music, etc. Because their are times when I'm in the mood I would like to create a graphics image or need to listen to something I heard on the radio.Third, I use the internet for my entertainment. I usually like to play some PC online games that keeps me entertained to relieve my stress from life or boredom. THere are many free online games out there that are very fun to play, and you also can play with your friends online. So this is part of the reason I use the internet and its almost a daily thing.Fourth, I use the internet for browsing myspace. Yup, the infamous place that everyone is browsing and on now a days. If you dont have a myspace account you basically been locked in your room and in the dark. Because this "myspace" network has blown up so much that even politicians are getting their own accounts just so they can get votes which I find rather interesting.Fifth, I use the internet to check my emails, just like many others that use the internet we now have important emails. This is one of the things I do when I first log on to my computer.Lastly, I would sometimes go and check my bills on my credit cards and such just to see that nothing is out of wack. Because when you have a credit card and purchase things online there is always a slight chance that you might have your credit card stolen and misused. So this is one of my responsiblities to check my card from time to time to make sure everything is okay.And I believe that is why I use the internet. Man, I sometimes wonder without the internet what I would be doing right now. Watching TV more? Drawing on paper? Doing outdoor physical activities more? Boy, the internet sure has changed my perspective on life. It has become a necessity in my life as it is for others.

Well I know this is pretty true for about... everyone and their dog.But I am SO addicted to myspace. I'm in a band, and it's the essential resource for everything I need. I could spend all day (if I could) talking to people and checking stuff out on Myspace. It's genius, really.Then, there's also other good stuff like getting free stuff (hard to sort through the pyramid schemes but usually worth it), checking out music, checking out art, finding other resources for my band...The internet is the real world times ten, with higher connection speeds and a nicer interface.That's how I see it.

I never felt bored of using my computer or using the internet, wither i work, play, read or just surf the web, i never felt bored, i use it for nearly everything in my life "just some organic processes i care for it myself :D", i use it for:

My work as a stocks trader in Egyptian stock exchange, also in collecting data about these stocks and analaysis.

My work as a FOREX trader, also news, specially business news.

My work as a web developer.

Playing Chess on gameknot and also playing hattrick.

Reading in anything, though i prefer technical, business subjects and some general reading about yoga and other subjects sometimes

Reading News everyday.

being on Xisto and borsetmisr forums

developing my own site.

investing money by some online trading and exchanging.

That's some of what i use the internet for, i can't handle a day without using it in fact.

I spend a lot of time on the internet, which probably isn’t a good thing, but I haven’t been bored yet.

1) Contact my friends from all over the world.

2) Research

3) News

4) Website Design/Development

5) Readings

6) Entertainment (both video and audio)

Although internet cost a lot of money, I find enough to do on the internet that I don’t want to save the money.

The internet is a pretty good entertainment investment! Here are some of the cooler things I have found:Wikipedia - if you ever have a little question about anything, you can just go look it up in 3 secondsTV shows - You can watch some TV shows online. All the episodes of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, for example, are there!Forums - Duh!But the best thing about the internet, is that no matter how wierd your interest is (like Old computers or Xtal radio for example) you can find lots of stuff about it! This way you can read more than you want to about a topic, get sick of it, and move on to having a life :D

It does get a little bit boring sometimes. but most of the time, for me, it's just E-mail, Myspace, check out your own site, play a few cheesy games and get off. :D or, if you really have nothing to do, go to Youtube. that site'll probably keep you entertained enough for a few hours. ;)

Well while I'm on the Internet, I like to...

Read the totse.com Forums

Read up on NFL news

Check my NFL Fantasy Team

Check Gamefaqs.com

Working my personal websites

Every now and then talk on AIM

Play flash games...http://www.addictinggames.com/

Legally get music

Yea, that's pretty much all. I don't have a MySpace of Facebook account, so I never check those.

If you

What Keeps You Occupied On The Internet?

Replying to harriko

Try these sites:

Craigslist.Com

Postsecret.Blogspot.Com

http://foundmagazine.com/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Bored.Com

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Virtuallylost.Net

http://weebls-stuff.com/

Thats how I waste my time anyway... Oh and of course YOUTUBE!

-reply by Lemonpixie