xisto Community
szupie

Secret Behind Your Nick/User Names Where did they come from?

My nick name is WaLhEZ, and i am from Honduras, America Center my nick is a game of words that is derived from my name, WaL is by my first Walter name and hEZ is by my last name Hernandez. And because I have used it during 4 years always have known me by in some forums of the network.

My nickname comes from an old freeware game called "Stick Soldiers 2". The rest is self explanatory, but here is an equation.ss2 = Stick Soldiers 2man = I'm a fan of it.44 = Completely random number.

Mine is simple. Astronaut or cosmonaut is about astronomy. They explore space, cosmos or whatever we may call it. While cybernaut is the explorer of cyberspace. I don't know if this username is original but I invented it or at least reinvented it. ;)

Hello all,Not much to tell except that I constantly change and evolve but never seem to fit anywhere specifically so I use a shortened version of the term amorphous which is slightly misspelled of course. anyone thinking about the movie should realize it would be spelled Morpheus, and is in now way affiliated with me :)

hmm.. If I should make a long story short, it all started when I played world of warcraft.I wanted to create a druid, so my friend called him "Feelaydri".And then, I wanted to create a mage, so I called him "Feelaymage".And so on.. and then, when I stopped WoW, I started to join forums.. but the forums wasnt any RPG games, so I removed the last thing in the name, that would let the person recognize a character, and now, it is just "Feelay".sometimes I play RPG games, and then, I normally call the character "Feelay[charactertype]".

Mine was just a random spur of the moment-type spiel. :(

When I started to observe that my first email account (from Yahoo!) was getting too much of spam, one day I decided to create a new one and started googling for some random words which would get as few results as possible and the word being readable too. I gave some 15-20 tries and finally came up with "Haricotcur" which surprisingly had only one search result at that time. What is more interesting is that the word actually has a meaning in French, that is "Haricotcur" is a slang word meaning executioner (a person who is licensed to execute others). Those days I was writing and executing lots of small useful C programs. Hence thought this would make nice match with that word. Since then I have been using that nick. So that's about my nick.

Edited by Haricotcur (see edit history)

Been into Magic (illusions) since I was knee high to a grasshopper and always loved Wolves and Werewolves. So my friends at School combined Wolf and Warlock (because of my magic tricks) and called me Wolflock. Kept the nickname ever since and now use it as my stage name. :(RegardsWolflock

My username relates to my hobby.

I am a radio amateur (or HAM Radio Operator as they are sometimes refered to) in the United Kingdom.

I simply used my callsign (the name you use to identify yourself with on the air or the name other operators use to call you).

Unfortunately, when I registered with Ofcom after my examination, this callsign was no longer available, so in real life I am known on the air as M6VMO.

You usually use the phonetic alphabet to make people understand you better, so that would be MIKE SIX VICTOR MIKE OSCAR.

The M6 is fixed, so you get to choose the last 3 letters when you register with Ofcom.

• M6 is for Foundation licences
  • ZE is for Intermediate licences of people living in England, ZM for Scotland, ZD for the Isle of Man, ZW for Wales, ZJ for Jersey, ZI for Northern Ireland and ZU for Guernsey.
  • M0 is for Full Licenses.

It is a fascinating hobby, and if anyone is interested to have more details, I am always willing to provide more details.