xisto Community
chris1234

How Long To Learn Dreamweaver?

Well I downloaded the demo, and well it was all greek to me really, and me learning Dm2oo4 would be like learning Chinese. I dont even know what all the programs do, I got a guide book from the library and fireworks and other stuff too!
I think I will give up and pay someone else to do it!
thanks for your suggestions, but i think you are all at a different level to me!
chris

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dreamweaver is easy to use. It doesn't take long to master it. All there is to master are the codes if you're going to use them. however you don't need to master HTML codes unlike the server-side scripting ones. dreamweaver types the HTML codes for you. But you don't reall need Dreamweaver to make a professional wesite. You need good creativity to make a good one. I've mastered Flash, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop, the three top programs for making the best websites and my site still suck. It's because im lacking the creativity requirement which i need to build on.

Dreamweaver is practically the most and beneficial program to use for web development. Once you learn the basics of dreamweaver to be able to use it to its full potential you must pair it up with other programs to design professionally. For example, you can pair it up with Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop. Because dreamweaver alone can handle some of the features that the other program offers, but it could include its features in dreamweaver in some way or form. The combinations of these program will definitely make your webpage more professional.And on the topic of how long it would take for you to master, I believe you cant really fully master a program on a certain time frame. Because everytime you use the program you are always learning something new. So the learning curve for this program is probably infinite...

Yeah, knowing the basic information is really handy. The rest of the features you can explore via experimentation along the way. I webmaster part-time and I just use only some of the stuff in Dreamweaver.There are many sites which offer really good advise on all photoshop, dreamweaver etc.. But you can check this site as well - they show you only the essential and basic things. In fact you can learn all either photoshop, flash or dreamweaver in a matter of hours. Check it out at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ luck to you!-reply by Mike

The thing with dreamweaver is that even though you can make whole sites using the design view, it's the code view that makes it great. The ease it makes it is just magnificent once you get used to it that is. In the beginning it's just downright annoying. The thing with HTML design in the code view is the completion function make it so easy. You actually don't have to know HTML great to get a lot out of it as most of the time the basics lead you to the advanced stuff without even having to think about it.

Ive used dreamweaver in the past and the only problem i had was i had to learn by myself. If you do as alot of people say on most of the posts and just google it your bound to come up with an excellent source of information

Yes I totally agree with kgd2006.. There are pretty handy features in Dreamweaver which makes it a breeze to develop websites. In fact I only use the handful stuff and apply it on daily basis.Yeah, and learning and using the programs are not sufficient.. There's lots of creativity brain squeezing to make it right and proper.-reply by Mike

Macromedia is the original owner of Dreamweaver. Those familair with it will also know that Dreamweaver was available in a package with Fireworks and Flash. I have been using Dreamweaver since 2005 --when it was owned by Macromedia. It was in a package called Macromedia Studio MX, then MX Became Studio 8, then Macromedia sold out to Adobe. Now, Dreamweaver is offered in Adobe's Creative Suite 3 (CS3) with a variety of other Adobe products, and yes, Fireworks and Flash are still available too. I am using Adobe CS3 Master Suite, the package with everything in it.As far as learning is concerned, it all depends on your capacity to learn. Dreamweaver is very user freindly. There are books that are step by step guides and plethoras of tutorials across the web about how to use specific pages. Dreamweaver is one of the best programs I have ever used. I recommend it to anyone who wants to maintain a website of their own. :)

Well the title is the questions really. I want to redo my site more pro, and would like to do it myself. What would a typical building timescale be from start to completion using this? And does anyone know any useful sites that may help?Has anyone used dreamweaver and not like it / had any problems?thanksChrisLol year i know what you mean ive been useing dream weaver for like a year and i still find it hard to use its not as easy as every one thinks lol i dont think i can help as im still learning how to use it my self

Learning Adobe Dreamweaver is not that hard, but learning the HTML and CSS coding to actually create a site will take longer. I suggest you find a book to read on the subject matter, such as "Learning Web Design" or "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3 with CSS, Ajax and PHP". They should give you a good understanding of what you will need to know in order to create your site from scratch. Other than that, you can also have a look at online tutorials on how to design and develop your own site.

It didn't take me all that long to learn Dreamweaver. It took a little while to learn the other programs I have used before replacing them with Dreamweaver. I had first used a program that went along with it's website host, Trellix Web. I had purchased my PC, and Trellix was installed on it already... this got me into beginning website development. It was really basic, but it did what it needed. Then I upgraded to XP, and I then used Frontpage.I really liked what Frontpage had to offer compared to many other programs. It was more professional, and it was a lot more user friendly than others. I was getting tired of using Frontpage, after I installed and used Mozilla Firefox.... after being a new and excited user of Firefox, I replaced Frontpage, when I was not able to have it compliment my new browser.So from that point on, I started using Dreamweaver, that and I was able to get a copy that was legal and so I went on from there... It was when I went back to college, I took an HTML class that taught Dreamweaver, and I was able to fine tune my experiences, and learned a lot more than I could have imagined...

it took me 1 hour to learn the basics on dreamweaver simple either use a grid for the template or layer and click inside a layer and the use the tool bar to ad stuff to it i find it fun :( but i am weird. it is easy to use and to learn im now quite advanced im even make my new beta site in dreamweaver hope you get thee hang of it and enjoy it as it is one powerful peice of software

Dreamweaver, like many high end packages, is a very deep program. Thus you can get the basics and and be up and running in no time. Conversely to take full advantage of it's myriad of professional features can take a bit more time. The help feature in the program is written rather well.