xisto Community
chris1234

How Long To Learn Dreamweaver?

DW and Expressions Vs Front PageHow Long To Learn Dreamweaver?

I had Dreamweaver, MS Expressions, and Front Page for many years.  I've had Front Page the longest (since mid 90s).  I use FP, and notepad for my web design.  I am no further along with DW and Expression as I was when I first got it.  I can't even get to step 2 because it wants a server, and when I set it up, it tells me it's not valid.  Eventually I got fed up with running in circles with it, and  I erased both of them, and threw the packages, disks and all into the trash.  6 years of failing software is more than I can tolerate.  I stick with FP and Notepad, and I will never again attempt to use either DW or Expressions.

-reply by JimBoCol

I've used Dream Weaver for about 2 years now and have found it very helpful, It makes those very hard tasks simple. In saying this it did take me quite a while to get the hang of it and it also seems like it will never load on my laptop.

There is absolutely no skill involved when you use a CMS like dreamweaver or frontpage. my suggestion would be to use notepad... and nothing else. this way you will learn about web code and your code will come out cleaner/better. the only times I use dreamweaver is when I'm generating a fast bit of code for something simple. but If I'm serious about a website I just use notepad++. nothing beats coding by hand \o/