xisto Community
avalon1405241471

Accept Payment Online Which payment gateway do you prefer?

Please select your most preferred payment gateway.  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Paypal works fine for me. Nothing much of hassles while using it so far. Only thing is that they cut lot of in terms of taxes. If your payment is of about 10$ then ask for client to pay for 11-12 $. Why ? sometimes they take away 0.2%-1% of your earning. I didn't found any exchange rates for this but they do deduct money when you receive it. There is also new payment processing service called alertpay. Which have decent cut-out rates in comparison to stormpay and alertpay. But i didn't used it to purchase anything as i've no idea from where to use alertpay money. Their shops/supported sites list is not on their homepage. Stormpay and worldpay are good but didn't work with me. Stormpay deleted my account cause there was no transaction on accounts. Weird ? yeah. And imagine i'm keeping paypal account that too unverified for more than 5 years. I just verified it last week. I don't why other payment processing companies remove your account cause of inactivity or no-transaction. I'll stick with paypal for not enforcing such policies.

Same thing, with Paypal the fees for a transaction is rather high, than in case of credit card payment where we save that extra fees. I use PayPal simply because I have no other option. Almost all of the websites I frequent or work with have only PayPal as an option for money transaction.

Stormpay and worldpay are good but didn't work with me. Stormpay deleted my account cause there was no transaction on accounts. Weird ?

They deleted the account! That is really weird, I haven't use either of them. By the way, did you even lose all the money in that stormpay account? I mean how can they simply remove your account without taking your confirmation. There TOS might be hidden deep beneath the visitors eyes to hide such a fact I suppose. Edited by Spencer (see edit history)

Yes, there is got to be in their TOS. I didn't accessed that account much. And there was no money in account. But one my advertiser on my homepage wanted me to pay via stormpay account, so i opened it. And after sometime, advertiser unable to make deal for banner on my site. So there was no chance of money getting into stormpay. All i did is created a stormpay account. And after year or so i found my account getting deleted. Also after 6-months so when i tried to sign-up again. It wasn't letting me signup to system. It was giving me message like "contact support team on order to sign up on stormpay". I thought it was something like their system downtime. But it wasn't,one of my friend opened account successfully. I don't know if his account even existed or not due to inactivity. For me,there is no need to sign-up again to stormpay now. But i don't know if that system let's me re-sign up again to the service. I think they've policy of deleting inactive accounts.

I have been trying to get set up with a decent PayPal alternative. I don't think we will ditch PayPal, especially since we still use ebay now and then (though less than we used to), but I want to offer customers more choices. There are some odd things that PayPal forbids, like buying anything associated with guns and ammunition (legal or otherwise). Many of the rural customers we do business with do buy ammunition online (through, say, Gun Broker http://www.gunbroker.com/ auctions) and that tends to mean that they use something other than PayPal. If you have livestock, I don't care what your moral viewpoint is, guns are simply a reality. It is my responsibility to protect my animals.

So, we got started with e-gold http://blog.e-gold.com/ a couple of years ago. Given the volatility of the dollar and the increase of people using junk silver (see http://thestatesmen.org/index.php/food-androunds-in-trade), etc., for local trade, it had some appeal to be able to price transactions in terms of silver and know that the money stored in the system was backed by a stable commodity. I also liked the fact that it was much harder for a cranky customer to get your account frozen or get charge-backs just because you won't give them something for nothing. PayPal, on the other hand, vendors can get sucked into very messy disputes over just about nothing. I do not mind refunding a customer's money for legitimate problems, but I expect them to go through the motions of working things out before they escalate the issue.

Anyway, e-gold got shut down temporarily about the time we started using them because of legal problems. The US government claimed they were a 'bank' and should be regulated as one. There were claims that people were misusing the system to launder money. So, we set e-gold on the back burner and waited for that to get sorted out. Finally they started doing business again but had much stiffer requirements for getting and activating the account. We started putting the paperwork together to go through their hoops and kept getting it rejected for one reason or another: the scan of this was not clear enough; they did not like the document I sent for verification of address; etc. Since it was not a priority, we would try and fail, wait several months, try again, fail, and so forth. Often new requirements would be added between attempts and we'd have to start over.

Well, finally this last month we got through verifying our identity, our address, and our business with them and got our account activated. Yay! Now they cannot operate in Missouri (where we are) because of another legal snafu. Their site security is very stringent (flagging when you try to connect from different IPs, for instance) but not necessarily smart. We have satellite Internet, and their security flags our connection almost every time because where our connection comes from changes quite often. So we need to receive a PIN by email, feed that into the web site and jump through hoops on EVERY login. Yet, they do not use simpler security methods such as client-side certificates which could bypass the whole mess. The newest thing is that they reserve the right to change their verification methods at any time and, if you are not quick enough to suit them in complying (perhaps because it is only a secondary payment system for you and you do not login every day), they can freeze your account and charge exorbitant fees.

So, anyway, it has come down to the point where I finally have their account set up (but they won't let me use it) and the payment method setup on my website and I just don't know that it is worth it. I very much like the concept of e-gold and want to like their service, but between some bad choices on their part and a lot of idiocy on the part of our government, it just is not worth the effort. So now I am back to shopping around for a good alternative system. But, because of the same legal issues that e-gold faced, many of the good alternatives do not operate in the US.

I am exploring LibertyReserve http://www.libertyreserve.com/index.html right now and trying to figure out what it would take to buy and sell using it. A less-regulated, low-fee, "digital currency" is what our more independent, homestead-minded, customers want. They don't trust big companies whose service agreements say that your money can be seized by them if they feel that, maybe, you might have broken a rule on page 231, sub-paragraph B of the user agreement they changed last week (and who have direct access to your bank account to charge against), We will probably also explore another online payment system similar to PayPal with built-in dispute resolution, and simply charge a touch more for it, maybe back it by a separate bank account to restrict the hanky-panky which could go on.

What do people feel about alternate payment systems of that kind? Which ones are the least bother to set up, have the most reasonable service agreements, and that customers use?

Liberty reserve merchants are increasing these days. Many hosting companies and shopping sites are accepting liberty reserve as payment methods other than paypal. If you want exchanger for the paypal and liberty reserve then you can try searching google, there are plenty of exchangers are out there. Many PTC/GPT sites are choosing liberty reserve because of their low rate commission. Moneybookers is good as well as it is used by people in country where paypal is banned or not accepted.

I want to accept credit card payments on my siteAccept Payment Online

I want to accept credit card payments on my site but,I want all my funds to be transferred to a certain libertyreserve account not my bank account,am losing sales because of this credit cards,so is it going to be possible...

-reply by william