xisto Community
carrot

How To Get Around Firewalls

Howdy.yesterday i stumbled accross an awsome new way to get around firewalls at school/work it is totally awsome. all it does is alow u to access the internet privetly and not have the stupid network administators find u out.If u want instructions on how to do it, PM me.P.S. IT IS TOTALLY LEGAL!!

...okay...sounds intriguing. Why can't you just say it here if it's legal? Why do we have to PM you? I dunno...it seems like such a tiresome thing to do. Maybe I'm just lazy. lol ^_^

good question.sorry i am used to gmailswap.com there u dont just post anything u want. if u really want to get something for ur invite, u have to have people email u or it will almost allways fall through. soooooooo ya that is why i didn't just post it. if u actully want to know though just post it on the forum and i will reply i am to lazy to type out the entire thing right now.

I know how to do it, it's mainly using the php include function, or anything similar. I have tried to make a page of my own to do that, but I couldn't get the images working right. I have found a website called sneak2, and it's working pretty good, some bugs here and there, and a little down time. I can't use a computer this semester though, so I wouldn't need it anymore.

Do you mean through a Secure-connection or something???Because it's quite impossible to litteraly 'get around' the firewall, since without it, you can't get online anyhow....And admin's can just read the GET and POST variables you send (The holy art of packetsniffing), cause sneak2 doesn't use https connections....And I don't trust those sneak2 guys, they're too..... sneaky ;)

Thats right. through a sucre connection that nobody can read. the only requirement is that u have an internet connection at home that u can leave running and some way to know what the IP has changed to (only if u have a dynamic IP). The way u go about doing it is by making a server at your house then connecting to that server on port 443. if u use the right type of server it is totally encrypted. and the NA's think that its just another encrypeted web server, when u are actully linked to ur home. u then have to change the settings on your browser to look for a SOCKS proxy on port 8080 (another encrypted email server) and point the IP to 127.0.0.1It actully works. I have done it at my school. and, apart from a very small decrese in speed, i can now surf the web unrestricted and unmonitored. If u want detalied instructions post on this forum, i am to lazy to type them all unless someone really wants them.

443, TLS/SSL... your connection don't show but as soon as you redirect off there will be an entry in the FW logfile. If your schools admin(s) are any competent, your transaction will show up as connecting to a computer in a dynamic IP range, and a flag will go up. See the quote from GRC.com on "the identity of the remotely connected server can be verified with significant confidence."

This port is used for secure web browser communication. Data transferred across such connections are highly resistant to eavesdropping and interception. Moreover, the identity of the remotely connected server can be verified with significant confidence. Web servers offering to accept and establish secure connections listen on this port for connections from web browsers desiring strong communication security.

Once established, web browsers inform their users of these secured connections by displaying an icon — a padlock, an unbroken key, etc. — in the status region of their window.

https://www.grc.com/port_443.htm

If your school (like a lot of schools and institutions do) use a "Carnivor" like appliance you can be sure they follow you to every site you go to. It's only the "https" sites that dont show up and on pages with insecure and secure content. The insecure content show. ;)

Nils

[Added] And since you are such a computer savy person, how come you don't realize the image you are linking to in your signature don't show up because of hotlink protection?

--------------------

user posted image

GRRRRRR ;)

Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

I did realive that. Obviously u dont know how lazy i am. i was to lazy to go and take off the hotlink protection on my site so that the pic could be viewed here. but now, just for u, i will

how can I get through to surf sites , unrestricted

How To Get Around Firewalls

Hi

I have read your details but they are too brief on how to get around the web server here at school.

I wish to trade the share market from school using dynamic data provided by comsec , but have been unable to log onto their website / trading platform... Obviously firewall / proxy problems.

CaN you please elaborate on your earlier description

Thanks

Gavan

-reply by gavan