xisto Community
Xeon

Get A G-mail Account!

Oh yes qwijibow... I've been experiencing pop ups whenever I open my hotmail inbox... Now it seems that even the MSN messenger is also down... *Shudders* Oh and let me quote some stuff for you, Avalon...

An easier way to send up to 10MB of photos

Gmail now works with Picasa, Google's free photo organizer. Use Picasa to easily find, edit and preview your photos. Log in to Gmail directly from Picasa and send the photos from your Gmail account. Picasa even automatically resizes your photos so they're easier to receive and open.

An easier way to send up to 10MB of photos

Gmail now works with Picasa, Google's free photo organizer. Use Picasa to easily find, edit and preview your photos. Log in to Gmail directly from Picasa and send the photos from your Gmail account. Picasa even automatically resizes your photos so they're easier to receive and open. Your friends without such large email accounts will thank you.

Free POP access and automatic forwarding

Access your mail the way you want to. Download your messages. Read them offline. Use your Blackberry or Outlook or just the good ol' web. Or forward new messages to an email account you specify. You can even switch to other email services without having to worry about losing access to your messages. Think of it as email portability.

Import Contacts

You've made a list. You've checked it twice. Now you never have to check it again. Move all your contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, and others to Gmail in just a few clicks. Then simply rely on our auto-complete feature to fill in your addresses as you're typing. Keep all your contacts in one place and keep in touch with all of them using Gmail.

Gmail Notifier

Want to know if you've got new mail? Let us do the checking so you don't have to. Find out when new messages arrive, and even see their subjects, senders and snippets, all without having to open a web browser.

Search your contacts

With the new and improved Contacts list, search for a contact as easily as you would a message in Gmail. Add notes and phone numbers. View messages directly from the Contacts list.

Signature options

From the settings page, create a signature that's automatically added to the end of all your outgoing messages. Change it as often as you like, but always get the last word.

Thumbnails for image attachments

It's like seeing the trailer before you see the movie. Now you can get a sneak preview of your attachments.

And last but not least...Save Drafts!

This should help you, if not, then try this link: Help files for gmail

If you need an invite... I got plenty! :)

I think they are soon to release it. I got 50 invites over a day a month ago and I think everyone else got that to. Thats why there is so many invites at the spooner. 50 is max

If beta is coming to an end... Soon google will have a heck load of GB cause if we need to pay... I estimate that at least 3/4 of the members will quit! This includes me! Its nice, but not nice enough to pay for it... If they want ME to pay for their services, try making more functions on the gmail... Hope they can impress me!

I already invited 6 friends, is there some way to get back invite link?

Simple! You just use your gmail and send e-mails to your friends, when you log in the next day, you will have more invites! The maximum invites is set at 50... Which... I think almost everyone who uses gmail has!

If beta is coming to an end... Soon google will have a heck load of GB cause if we need to pay... I estimate that at least 3/4 of the members will quit! This includes me! Its nice, but not nice enough to pay for it... If they want ME to pay for their services, try making more functions on the gmail... Hope they can impress me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt google will ever make us pay. It is probably one of the most profitible web enterprises on the net...and gmail is making it even larger and I'm sure they are making a small profit off it at least.

As for how they can afford to give out a gig of space to each user...well at the moment I doubt they can. If everybody used up there full gig in a day, they would probably be screwed. But look at your gmail account right now - most of you are probably using less than 2% of your space (I'm using 20 mb..and I've had the account since last August with over 200 inbox items).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They probably won't make you pay for it. They have ads that help offset the costs for the mail system. The costs must be ok if they still are running the mail system. Right now GMail offers most features that paid mail offers such as POP3 and IMAP access.

I seriously doubt google will ever make us pay. It is probably one of the most profitible web enterprises on the net...and gmail is making it even larger and I'm sure they are making a small profit off it at least.

you are right, i think google never wouldn't think charge for their services, the mail it's free and very good service (i will explain later), if gmail didin't shows up, all we still stucks with mails with 2 o 4 mb of space, something really weird (like 2 diskettes!!!!!!!), just remember a year a go, when google announced a mail with 1 Gbyte, all free webmail were scared with this news and just a few weeks almost all the companies announced "NEWS: we've increased the space", at this point google change the world of mails.

Some people thought that gmail was a hoax news (just lies) but now almost all people have a gmail account with 1 gb of space, and really, with all the space, why i said this, because i've proven it......

As for how they can afford to give out a gig of space to each user...well at the moment I doubt they can. If everybody used up there full gig in a day, they would probably be screwed. But look at your gmail account right now - most of you are probably using less than 2% of your space (I'm using 20 mb..and I've had the account since last August with over 200 inbox items).

Well some months before an Israelite created a program called P2M (peer 2 mail), with this program you can upload any file directly to your mail account and when you've uploaded, just post in some site your account and password and share files with people... but this is old news something can say, the answer is yes, always the accounts were used to share files, the problem, some *bottom***** always change the password to steal the account or delete files, for this, only selected people could download of this accounts. Now when p2m shows up, you still have to give your mail and password, but with a small difference, the password it's encripted, it only allows download files from the account, you can't go to the settings to change the password, or delete emails, only download. Just great isn't?

In the last months p2m become very popular to download all kind of things, music, programs, movies, etc. and guess what, who was the prefered server to upload the files?????... gmail of course. Personally i was donwloaded a lot of files, and always the accounts says, 700 mb for movies, or 1 gb for complete series (example anime), so gmail have the power to support 1 gb of files and itsn't a lie.

All this was great but guess what.... it's over, gmail didn't like this kind of use, accounts used to download files...no no no, this it's not the service for webmail etc etc etc.

Just image, 300 people downloading a file from the same account. Well now when you use your account with p2m, gmail locks the accounts for 24 hours, so p2m for gmail is dead for now. However stills exists a lot of free webmail with 1 gb or more space, where you can find files to download. Just make a search and find it.

http://www.peer2mail.com/ (Program's Home)

https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl (to find p2m sites)

Greets
Deivid

Hmm..P2M sounds cool. Similar to Newsgroup filesharing, I guess (where files are split into several small pieces and uploaded to email accounts for others to download)?

And now that I think about it, there is also the thing called Gmail drive: http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm .... which is basically an online expandable drive for your pc. You drag and drop files into the Gmail drive, with a max filesize of 10 megabytes, and the drive automatically uploads them to your gmail account as an email with the attachment. You can set a filter on your gmail account to not show those uploaded items in your inbox so they don't spam it up, and then you have an additional gig of space for online storage. Pretty handy :D

But still, I doubt very many people use that. I only used it for a week or so because of the novelty...it just seems pointless now.

Anyways...<3 to google!