xisto Community
Durkovski

Anyone Like Rap At All?

If you group your musical likings based on GTA stations you shouldn't be dissing any genre hehe... also if the only rap you've heard is people making spitting noises into a mic I'd suggest you check into the genre a bit. Sure you can do the spitty beats into the mic thing but thats what people see when guys are just ****ing around or whatever usually lol.But yea I like rap myself, some of the older, some of the newer. Jay-z is probably one of my favs, just something about his songs always pull me in. Other then him I enjoy Ludacris, Eminem, 50 cent, Lil John, etc

I think some rap is ok. However I think hip hop is MUCH BETTER. Hip hop does have rap in it, but it just adds to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree with that statement. I think that rap is just a piece of the puzzle and the way that hip-hop adds in some awesome beats and lines completes the whole picture. I also think that mainstream rap/hip-hop aren't nearly as good as underground. I have found that in the underground stuff there is much less of the stereotypical topics. If you guys are interested in listning to some cool underground stuff, checkout Talib Kwali, Jedi Mind Tricks, or Dialated Peoples (just to name a few).

As ive said before, im an open-minded dude so i dont judge others interests in here. But to anyone saying they hate rap because its all noise, they all sound the same, and just babbling on the mic is not reasonable. I mean, if you think about it rock is the same thing. Think about these bands who just scream all the time.

Well... I AM HIPHOP!

Jejej, just love that phrase... the thing is, Rap and hip-hop is explained like this (for me anyway)

Rap is hip-hop's music... you see.. i've been a hopper (here in BogotĂĄ, Colombia hopper stands for a member of the hip-hop culture) all my life, and for me Hip-Hop is a way of living....

Drugs free, punch free.. peaceful.... that's for me, othe hoppers are horrible, they r the worst of the human kinf...

Rap is the music, graffti the grafic expression, break dance the dancing expression, Djing the musical/party part.. the mc raps!

i personally make music... i like to mix singing and rapping, the thing is, i sing in spanish (my native laguage) and i thinks lyrics are very diverse...

And dont flame rap here please its good aslong as you can understand the lyrics 

true

I disagree, but there was a time when I thought rap was good. So, maybe it is just current rap. In any case, I have a taste similar to yours(-rap).

Choose better the groups you're listening to!!!!!!!!

Here's what I think about rap. The new age rap like 50 cent and whoever else, sucks. All they rap about is guns, 40, and hos. I don't care about that stuff anymore, I don't care that you got shot 9 times and still live. The rap that everyone should listen to is Atmosphere and Blue Print. That rap is tight. I don't really like rap, but when I listen to them, it's a whole 'nother genre. They don't curse much, they rap about topics we can relate to, and its still sweet to listen to. You all should check them out for real. Here is a link:

Totally true.. 90% of us rap is bull's excrement!!!!! but the other 10% (underground in their mayority) IS JUST GREAT!!!!!

That's why i only listen to spanish rap!!!!!

I even have a Rap Portal (sorry, spanish only)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

oh, yeah, i like Rap, i love it!!!!

and Xaine, your link doesn't work...

I`m not a big rap fan neither but some I realy love.

I hate the stereotype rap about h*ws and b*tches and tihs and tihs.Realy it depends on the artist and topic as someone has stated before I LOVE hip hop and mainstream rap is just a little fraction of the whole thing.I bet everyone in here saying they absolutely HATE rap are poeple who had never dug into the genre PAST the commercial mainstream mascarade about gangs and h*ws b*tches and bro`s. I sugest before you label the genre make shure you know everything there is to know on the subject.Also I`ve read that someone was saying that rap takes no skill or musical ability the only thing I can say about that is (and asta admins will have to forgive me for this one) "that is *BLEEP*" friend,honestly try it just take some music making software and fling a beat together and try writing some lyrics on it and when you`re done take it to someone who KNOWS the genre and let them judge your work HAHAHAHA so you realy think you can compare to even the worst rapper around? HAHAHAHAHA you must be joking.Anyway rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live and poeple are forgetting about that, can`t realy blame them tho because noawadays the same media that made rap/hip hop explode (mainstream) is making it look like b*llsh*t with the stereotyping which is realy their fault mostly because the artists in the mainstream DO have better work on the underground but the BIG mainstream public WANTS to see the "bling bling don`t f*ck with me or I`ll kill you motha sister and cat" kinda image.This whole topic has made me curious tho, how many of us here at Xisto are black.

1. Common is Hip Hop

Posted Image

2. Mike Jones is not

Posted Image

3. Nas is hip hop

Posted Image

4. Anybody wih "lil" in their name is not (ex. lil webbie)

Posted Image

5. Jay-Z is hip hop

Posted Image

6. Gucci Mane isn't even close...

Posted Image

7. De La Soul and A tribe Called Quest are examples of hip hop groups

Posted Image

Posted Image

8. G Unit and Tru are not examples of hip hop groups....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Iâm convinced now that more than the truth is at stake//

Where people create language that pretends to communicate//

Euphemisms are misunderstood as mistakes//

But itâs a byproduct of the ghetto music we make//

From an extroverted point of view, I think itâs too late//

Hip-Hop has never been the same since eighty-eight//

Since it became a lucrative profession thereâs a misconception//

That a movement in any direction is progression//

Even though the potency of it lessens//

Big money industries writing checks to suppress the question//

And nobody gives a **** no more//

(hip-Hop) (n) - A person or group that has a passion about their craft.Able to paint pictures using only words and metaphors, a modern day poet. Not in it for the money, but rather plays for the love of the game.

(not hip hop) (n) - A person or group who is unskillful with words, will often use shiny jewlery and women and/ cameos or catchy beats to cover up their lack of any message or skills. Very cocky until placed into the company of an actual rapper. Will employ the "new hot thing" to make a quick buck, not concerned with the quality of their product

And finaly I wanna say that my favorite music genre by faaaaaaaaar is DANCEHALL and NOT the commercial Sean Paul or Wayne Wonder (which are good dancehall artists underground by the way) and such but the real underground dancehall, I can listen to it the whole day and not get bored for a sec.If anyone in here shares this taste of music just let me know I think it`s kinda neat to have someone here @ Xisto liking dancehall as much as I do (doubt there is oh well.....)

These were my two cents on the subject ,..Bless

El

As ive said before, im an open-minded dude so i dont judge others interests in here.  But to anyone saying they hate rap because its all noise, they all sound the same, and just babbling on the mic is not reasonable.  I mean, if you think about it rock is the same thing.  Think about these bands who just scream all the time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm speaking for myself here. I never said that I hate rap. I said that rap does not appeal to me in any way. For me, it's very difficult to get into rap. I can't, really. To me, it's very unenjoyable. Just because some of the lyrics aren't about sex or drugs doesn't mean I have to like the genre. And by the way, I don't listen to heavy metal or death metal either, so I'm not too fond of the scream in some of the songs either. I listen to hard rock/stadium rock/classic rock. There isn't too much screaming in these genres really. Okay, I digress.

the creation of rap is a good thing, as it allows talented people to express their veiws in a more creative way, but the reason why it does not get the credit it should, is because most rap artists to hit the forfront of rap are pure and utter crap.This is simply because they rap about aload rubbish that dosent reflect real life atall.There are only a few ecseptions, one of whom is eminem who is, in my opinion, one of the best artists in the moderen day, not because hes white, but because he speaks sence and uses rap for its intended reason.back to the question, i would say NO i dont like rap, but eminem is a genius.p.s rock and rap is very simalr, so you cant really compare them.

Im an emcee myself, thats why im creating a webpage. I read a post above somewhere saying it takes no musical talent ?? Goes to show how ignornant some idiots in our world are today. I dare any of you to try and write your own lyrics ( not 4 lines like rock songs ) and be able to stay on a beat that was wrote note by note by yourself, and keep a good flow to it... theres more technicals in hiphop than any other music genre.. learn before you speak !

rap is greatid u say its dont so you really dont listten to itlook at Eminem or Will Smiththay are GREAT, sound great ant its mostly funny.some rap are funny, but some are sad and about true things, felings and swant eg? okTell Me Why - Will Smithabout the 9/11When Im Gone - Eminemabout the price he pays for rap (realsionship)and some moreso when you all sayin its only about drags, smokin and hoes, you make a big mistake, so think agine befor you write like thatNoMore

I like Rap, RnB, Hip-Hop, a little bit of Reggae, a little bit of Rock and a bit of Trance/Techno. not a big fan of heavy Rock, Country, Classical, Jazz, all the other stuff. lol I'm into "some" old songs like Mark Morrison - Return of The Mack lol. I'm into the old school stuff like Dre., NWA, ODB, Knocturnal, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Tupac, Biggie, etc. :P Lovin The Game, Snoop and Akon's new album. That ish is awesome. "I see you windin' and grindin', up on that pole!" :P Pce. :P

The only rap/hiphop I actually like is old school stuff. Citizen Kane, Run DMC, Ice Cube, etc etc. Anything before the early 90's was pretty decent. Now, the only substance in rap is glorifying violence, drugs, and sex. Of course not all rap/hiphop today is like that, but I'm sure I won't be lying if my generalizations can be attached to 90% or more of rap artists.

Like I'm, I love RAP culture and things with around it im trying to dress like them tunn car like them and some things around it!! yeah may be u thinking that im funn of them !! ohh noo no way, just i like LIFESTYLE like niggers doo!! so i like *BLEEP* Rap not rap made by other nations even mine, and if we wll return to New Rappers like 50cent,Eminem and etc i think its not so bad about them !! DO NOT forgot about that they are Business MAN first of all, and secondly they are trying to RAP for they promotions in Bussines!!!! and Even Dr,Dre SnoopDogg are Bussines men too!!! dont forgot!!if we wll return to Raping styile!! i'd peffer more SnoopDogg, and from news Rappers Akon!! i think he is very prespective!!!