xisto Community
cryptonx

I Support Microsoft ! i really do .. i dont care about you

so you're telling me that if I use firefox and go to these sites without any other protection software .. i am not going to get infected/hacked/hijackd or at least it will REDUCE the possibility ?

why ?

is it because of ( FIREFOX HAS NO ACTIVEX ) thing ?

if this is the case then I think I already one feet ahead of firefox using IE

( screenshot explains ) :

Posted Image

it's a screenshot from maxthon ( customized GUI ) .. so if this is the case " ACTIVEX " then now i am safe !

according to many firefox fans ! yay

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That certainly helps. The other thing to consider is that spyware is all aimed at IE, so any flaw in that engine will be used to jack your computer. Firefox I find to be as nice to use if not nicer than maxthon(yes I have used it) and a lot prettier for the gui(just my preference). Granted, as firefox becomes more common, Spyware people will be gunning for it too. However, as open source software these attacks will be easier to remove. If you like maxthon, great. But realize that you have technically left IE, even if you use the render engine. If ALL maxthon uses is the render engine, then it is a rather different program from IE, it might be safe, for many of the same reasons FF is safe.

I am just pointing out that your choice to abandon normal IE is the same choice others make when they get FF. You are still abandoning the buggy MS software for a third party product.

My dad likes maxthon and it is what he uses.

well yes I dont use IE anymore .. but not bcuz of anything ... i mean before SP2 it didnt have a popup blocker or so many features ( btw IE in sp2 Automatcily disables ActiveX components and tells you about it ) anyways I just jumped to Maxthon because of the TABS mainly , then I started discovering the wonderful features is has btw : Maxthon can render using Gecko engine as well but I didn't try it or I didn't see any diffrence , I might read the help file and tell you about it .you will find it in File > New Tab > Use Gecko engine .

Thanks for the tipI already emulate Consoles and I found a Mac emulator but it's still not the same experience as a mac , and I dont think buying a cheap mac just to test OSX is a neat idea , i was mostly thinking of upgrading the metal junk I am typing on right now i have a P3 1ghz with 256 SDR ram and a Geforce 2MX 32 SDR , and with today applications and games I feel like ... **** ! So I decided to upgrade to : P4 2.8 ghz , 512 DDR ram and a Geforce FX5200 ... would anyone recommend any other alternatives or similar or better upgrade? thanks alot

Tell me about your budget and try to reuse all your old equipment you have.I do suggest:-AMD 64-bit chip that won't be out of the game or market for some time-MSI 915/925 Neo2 Plantium-GeForce 6600-512MB RAM-DVD Burner: Plextor PX-712SA-Two hard drives, read the Hardware Workshop-Etc.*Note that the 925 only accepts DDR2 RAM.

emm that's AN EXTREME configuration leader ,, and for an EXTREME budget too the stuff i am going to use from my current pc : - Sound Blaster Live 5.1 - LG flatron 17" monitor - Ethernet Cards / ADSL router - I got a 256 SDR ram so I dont know if they are going to be with some use - 40 GB segate barracuda 7200 rpmI was thinking to get just a motherboard with a new processor , rams and a gfx card .say my budget is arrond $350 for a mb + processor and a graphics card .

emm that's AN EXTREME configuration leader ,, and for an EXTREME budget too

the stuff i am going to use from my current pc :

- Sound Blaster Live 5.1

- LG flatron 17" monitor

- Ethernet Cards / ADSL router

- I got a 256 SDR ram so I dont know if they are going to be with some use

- 40 GB segate barracuda 7200 rpm

I was thinking to get just a motherboard with a new processor , rams and a gfx card .

say my budget is arrond $350 for a mb + processor and a graphics card .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, for MB, since you have so much already, try Shuttle. They make stable, bare bones MBs for 50 bucks. You can read reviews, and I have been nothing but happy wiht mine(its what I have in my PC).

As for the rest, it needs to be split between processor/vid/and ram. Old SDR ram just won't cut it. Frankly, the jump to new ram will make as much of a difference as the other components. If you can swing it, go for an AMD-64 processor and skimp on the graphics card. This way your system will be more updateable in the future. As for graphics, these days you can go pretty low and still play decently. Go pick up a low end geforce or radeon, and check reviews to get the best one for the money you have left.

A better thing would be to know what you intend to do with the computer. Certain configs work better for certain things(like video work: all processor and RAM, vid card is rather secondary).

I agree that Microsoft is here to stay because Microsoft is a big company and has the richest man. And since the rich always become richer, it seems Microsoft Windows will be gaining the bigger OS Pie.Whats more, I have just read that Longhorn will have 3D window interface (i might be slow here). COOL

You might want to check out a few of the following since they are reasonably priced to me and cryptnox, I'm not sure whether that budget of yours is in US currency.Graphics Cards:Leadtek Winfast A360 TDH - Quiet fan and reasonably priced.Albatron GeForce PCX 5750 - PCIe for the masses but performance almost the same that of AGP cards.ATI Atlantis 9200 - Works fine with older equipment or software like 98SE.Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint SP0812C0 - Good value and performance.Barebone PC:Shuttle XPC SB81P - Too cute to be true...my cousin has it.As for processors, try to get a second hand AMD chip as they come in cheap and reliable.Make sure that they come with some sort of warranty if there is any and if your budget is really tight, I think you should cut down on the looks and get a new RAM.Note that the XPC SB81P uses integrated graphics and installation is rather difficult even without screws.

Microsoft has proved time and time again that they are stupid and make very bad statements and decisions. I don't have any idea why anyone would listen to them at all. They rarely make any kind of good sense. Everyone that knows MS exists should know by now that MS is full of bugs, bloat, and lies. MS is scared shitless of the ongoing support for linux and it shows. I think its funny. MS is untrustworthy and in a lot of cases they make inferior products.

Also, I simply hate Microsoft because they represent everything that I am against. I havt big corporate empires, like Microsoft, Nike and Phillip Morris. They don't help us they just want our money. Linux is the way to go, i am currently in the process of experimenting with my to get it to run my schools e-mail server in linux (it post updates to everyone through confrences, so it doesn't all go to my mail box). The second I figure this all out, I'm ditching Windows 2000 for Linux.

How bout some quotes to back this up?

The idea that people know what they want is wrong. They need to be pulled through the Web. -- Laura Jennings, Vice President of the Microsoft Network

I used to be interested in Windows NT, but the more I see of it the more it looks like traditional Windows with a stabler kernel. I don't find anything technically interesting there. In my opinion MS is a lot better at making money than it is at making good operating systems.-- Linus Torvalds.

When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, for free'. -- Linus Torvalds.

If you can't make it good, make it look good. -- Bill Gates.

p.s check out this link ;) :Microsoft Is Evil

well that's your only personal opinion but in mine , Windows XP SP2 is the most stable most stylish most fastest USER FRIENDLY OS . This post was not for ppl using linux , it was for ppl using Windows and then say it suck .. I just wanted to say either USE WINDOWS AND SHUTUP or USE LINUX AND SHUTUP ( nothing to you , i am talking in general )As for SERVERS and so on , I don't possibly care ... I am talking about a Personal Computer OS .whatever you're going to quote or say will never change the facts .. I hope to see you 10 years from now on this forum ( yes i hope Xisto lives forever too ;) ) and I will say the same thing , and by then whatever Windows will be called Windows FX or Windows 64 2 or whatever .. it will still remian the most uses / most popular and the most user friendly OS ever [ full stop ] what's more SHOCKING for you LINUX folks , that in the near future ( 5 years ahead ) 64-bit architecture will dominate .. and starting years ago , AMD & INTEL has been working closely with Microsoft and testing out Windows XP 64 bit beta ... as thier TEST POD for a 64 OS ... it's not using Linux 64 or whatever it's called ..I read that in a Newsweek mag , I will see if I still can find it and scan that page for you.