xisto Community
cryptonx

I Support Microsoft ! i really do .. i dont care about you

The thing is, I don't hate them so much as I dislike their business practices.  That said, i was talking about the OS itself more than the company. 

In the end, I want one of two results:

1.  A couple of major OS's competing, resulting in higher quality for everyone(MS only improved windows due to linux as a threat)

2. A single OS that is open, free, and very easy to use, creating a common platform that can be used safely, where applications can compete.  If OSX ever became open source, that would do it.  My hope is that linux gets there somehow, or that Apple becomes magically nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you r right. whatever happen between them, users are the Winners.

Yay! :)

I agree with wanhafizi.1.Microsoft Hotmail even used to block Yahoo! and GMail's sent mails from their users' inboxes once.2.Microsoft products' price tag increases the blood pressure of some people - the flaws, the crashes, the software, the holes, etc.3.Microsoft just bought a Hungarian anti-virus company and there were rumours that it's about to be "integarted" together with GIANT's Antispyware together into the Windows Security Center and then made as the default antivirus.4.Some time last month, Microsoft spokesman said about the "benefits" of IE and compared it to Mozilla.5.Only thing Windows is better than Fedora? Crashes faster and more often.6.Windows Firewall keeps you secure? Pigs can fly? They didn't detect half the programs I use that access the net!Conclusion? Microsoft sucks.But I'm using their Windows XP Home Edition and Office 2003.Message me if you want the serial for Office 2003.

@MajesticTreeFrogok then i should install mcafee antivirus . norton antivirus ,nod32 , panda antivirus and avast antiviurs ... in case one of them didnt catch a virus it didn't see ..even if this is true , it's very not so briliant to use so many spyware/adware cleaners ... of course they do a great job , but then again it cripples the computer .... I dont even enable norton / ms antispyware .. realtime scanning .. i only scan when I want to or feel that something is not right .I know this is a bit insecure ..but then again , as I said before .. without norton/MS antispyware .. i didnt have any security problems at all .. maybe i am lucky or so .. i dunno ..I would love to try MacOSx .... is there is a way to boot MacOSX from an IBM compatible PC ? thanks @Ok frog , I know where you are coming from ( windows problems and such ) and I do agree , but then for a SIMPLE home desktop I still think Windows XP Pro/Home is the best OS outthere .. I use OpenBSD ( i dont operate it but I use it ) as a server for a client of mine , and I know it's more stable but still my personal desktop OS is Windows XP .>>>@wanhafizi>>>Now , you are the one NOT MAKING ANY SENSE AT ALL ! quote:1. MS embeded IE into windows installation, thus giving Netscape a hard time to market their browser.ok what did netscape use to run on .. wasnt it windows ? what is windows ? is it a free open source OS ? NO ?did netscape develope it ? NOdoes Microsoft OWNS it ? YESthen they do whatever they do with thier software ... it's not a community project , it's a commerical software . they want to embedd IE or even embedd MS office or even an Xbox inside it ... IT"S THIER SOFTWARE .. not yours .. if you dont like the features on the box of windows when ur buying it ... DONT BUY IT ! I never liked that stupid netscape especialy when it went JAVA .. very very very very sluggish and slow ... and eats up all cpu/memory .. and it's so reminds me of the 13337 super duper oh my god .. firefox ..as for Hotmail ... same theory applies ... hotmail is now used by over 5 million users .. when it first started hotmail is owned by some indian guy , it was a popular service but with other services at all . . just 1 mb email with attachments ..now Hotmail is the most used webemail ... i dont see why are you complaining , and if ur complaining bcuz microsoft is trying to be THE BEST at anything ... then what's your point ? If I open a company like that my only wish is to dominated everything google is doing it .. .microsoft is doing it ... it's how money works .. you dont just make multi million revenue company and say " LET'S STOP ! "3. you're absolutely wrong , before msn messenger ... microsoft embedded a small piece of software known as " Windows Messenger " and it's by NO MEANS superior or competitve to yahoo messenger , it's just a very very simple messenger client with all the things you could want ..personal I hate yahoo messenger and i think it sucks ... too many ads and too many useless crap ... I also hate msn messenger 6.1/7.0 beta .. I am only using Windows Messenger ( 5.0 ) it's the best / smallest / fastest IM client ever ..and NOW Microsoft LET NON Hotmail users to signup for Messenger accounts , unlike before ... 4 . I agree with you Windows 2000 is the most stable WINDOWS ever , not the most stable OS .. but hey , but then again .. I would prefer calling some technical support or letting them visit me to fix my OS problems .. better than going to a multi 1203912093021902913020 million forum and try to ask a question !

cryptonx, i dono what 2 reply here. it is just soo sad to see someone acting so defensively against truths. :) your answers sometimes make you feel satisfied, but not to others. anyway, it's your opinion, and nobody has the right to change that.

I have to use M$ because of work, does not mean I like or dislike it. I like the fact it gives job security, XP is like a Ford (fix or repair daily) so I'll never be jobless. Or to turn the expression around from a Ford supporters point of view (first on race day) :)As for the opinion parts like I said, sometimes it's better to stay out of a subject than to present your opinion (if it's just to create controversy). There are posts in this forum that I "strongly" disagree with, but you will never see me put another persons view or belief down. I will go as far as using the expression "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it here" that is unless you are looking for adversity.There is nothing wrong with the disussion of differences, keep it level attack the subject not the poster. :Pmy $0.02, now I have to work.Nils

Cryptonx, it will depend on how you see the facts.Apparently, you are seeing it the different way the majority are.And to answer your question about getting another OS on your PC, you might want to make your system a dual boot.Google it and you'll find out.And yeah, actually, I do love to optimise XP since I have nothing else better to do...(my computer specs are not up to the typical gaming standards)

I see it in a more practical and easier way whats easier than installing windows ? linux ? hell nowhats easier than finding a free software for almost any kind of work ? windowswhat will majority of game developers will make games on ? windowsthat's what i am talking about , a easy to use desktop OS ... that doesn't need a GEEK to learn .. although i am a geek .thanks for the dual boot tip :)i will google.

Well......not like I want to 'fire up' this discussion even more since Cryptonx seems to be a little touchy about his view on Microsoft (no offense taken please). My family has been supporting Microsoft Windows for a pretty long time and well, I'm fine with what's working out. My previous computer was a Windows XP Home I think but my dad ripped the CD's off somebody's else so it wasn't original (ooo...dad... xP) and we couldn't update security alerts (not like I was keen enough to update them in the first place) and back then, we didn't buy the anti-virus softwares yet. *Shrugs* But that was our fault so what can I say...? \('__-)/Anyways... I'm sure there are a quite handful of other people that also support Windows as much as you do Cryptonx but no, I'm not one of them.

non takenthanks for understanding ... and thanks for ur post .. the whole point of this thread was to convince ppl that Microsoft / Windows is not that HORRIBLE thing that Linux / Other OS fans are so much pointing it everywhere. . which made me really sick ..to everyone else if you need to hate something real bad , please HATE something WORTH it .. in real life .. not a OS or software .. there's so much sorrow and sadness and problems in the world , why concentrate your hate on a milinoair nerd ? :)

I'm not saying that Microsoft is horrible but their OS was distributed way long before I was born and Linux was late for the game that's why most game titles only work on Windows because it came out first...

Say anything about Microsoft or Fedora/Linux, but I'll stay neutral since I like Fedora but use Windows XP Home Edition since it came preloaded with the hp pavilion a426d...(Three PCI slots and no AGP/PCI-Express?! This sucks...together with a pathetic 256MB memory stick.Someone, rob the World Bank with me and I'll get a supercomputer.)

ok then i should install mcafee antivirus . norton antivirus ,nod32 , panda antivirus and avast

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, that depends on how much in the way of viruses you think you open yourself up to. Viruses seem to have a harder time spreading than spyware, or at least are less plentiful. However, It might make sense to have all of them, but only leave the best one running for 'real time' scanning, due to system resource limits. *If* those limits didn't exist, then it would be a good idea. Anti-spyware programs(with the exception of microsofts) don't sit in your system tray. They only run when you tell them to. Still, running them all, at night, when you aren't doing anything works just fine. Hell, its what I do.

I would love to try MacOSx .... is there is a way to boot MacOSX from an IBM compatible PC ?

Sadly, you cannot use MacOS from a x86 pc. Well...you can use pear PC, but that wouldn't give you a 'real' experience. What you can do is either A. go to an apple store and try one and ask for some demo's, or B. Find someone who ownes a mac and play around on it sometime, preferably with them around to help you get used to it(it is very different). Once you are used to it(like you are used to your PC) then you can decide which you like better(getting used to mac os x usually takes a few hours, but then you should be good to go).

4 . I agree with you

Finally, what Wan is saying is that MS engaged in monopolistic practices. It developed, distributed, and bundled a browser with their OS for free in order to run a potential competitor out of business. This is illegal, and they were found guilty(though our government did a *BLEEP* job in the sentencing).

As for the advantages of IE over firefox, IE is compatible with a few more sites(because those sites are written for IE instead of using correct HTML), but firefox, with its add ons and tabbed browsing, is much nicer (in my opinion) for the 'browsing experience'. I don't find very many sites that require IE. When I do, I shun them for doing so, for philosophical reasons.

Windows 2000 is the most stable WINDOWS ever  , not the most stable OS .. but hey , but then again .. I would prefer calling some technical support or letting them visit me to fix my OS problems .. better than going to a multi 1203912093021902913020 million forum and try to ask a question !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, and this is part of why I don't like both linux AND windows. Because for windows, there shouldn't be problems, and for Linux, fixing them shouldn't be some great net adventure through the complex shell command universe(provided you can get anywhere. Good luck if you have a network card problem).

And that is why I like OSX. It doesn't break as a general rule, and fixing it (in the very unusual circumstance that I manage to mess things up) usually requires hitting a well documented button.

So, that should clear things up.

linux for developmentmac for productivityunix for stabilitywindows for solitairelol.... Okay, I currently only have one computer and it is running Win 2K Server (but is not setup as a server...just a home computer w/ dial-up internet...don't ask;). It's alright...some of the service packs/hotfixes are a little buggy, but not too horribly bad...it's definantly better than previous versions of windows. I just don't like the lack of agility. I have ran many distributions of Linux and never found one that I couldn't make it do what I wanted it to do. Yes, sometimes it is very complicated to keep up with it...but I like being able to re-program anything I want to do anything I want. I also like open source for philisophical reasons, but also realize that (Like bootlegging), if it were to become the industry standard, it would ultimately kill it as an industry and make it strictly an underground affair...either way, I'm still a source of the GNU Copyleft and the like... I don't like the lack of quality software for POSIX... The entire software (and gaming) industry is more or less based on the Windows platform (although it wouldn't break my heart to see a hostile takeover by Apple...Macs are pretty sweet) ...as a software engineering student I hate that this is so...maybe I'll be able to get a job with Sun Microsystems and won't have to deal too much with M$...one can hope...Anyways...Windows is the most user-friendly, but Linux and OSx are more stable and more secure... I was thinking, though: If the majority of home users were Linux users, then wouldn't the people writing spyware and viruses just start writing them for Linux?? I dunno...anyways...that's about all I have to say...StephenP.S. To Cryptonx: If someone is worth their salt as a hacker, then they really aren't going to be too worried about some home user who's mouthing off about how he likes windows...No, anyone who's half a hacker has bigger and better things to be doing with their time....no offense, but get over yourself..

@MajesticTreeFrog Thanks for explaining , yes I think i agree with you about the " windows should free of problems " , who knows maybe longhorn will be .. but until then I would't really dare to step in the linux world ... it's just so complicated for a humble graphics designer ... besides my beloved Paint Shop Pro is not LINUX compatible yet .as for x86 machines and OsX , that's a Shame , I tried a mac once in local computer exibhition a couple of years ago , I think I thought it was excellent and I tried ( i think ) a star wars game or something similar to it on that mac , but it was very old , I think perior to imacs as well .@cargeekI wasn't really asking someone to hack me , please read from the begining of the post , I was just proving that Windows is not that " **** I AM GONNA BE HACKED " as so many claims ... Most ppl complaining about getting hacked or getting infected are mostly very unaware or very knowledgeLESS computer users ... like walking in a minefield ( adult / warez / adware sites ) and then whining about a mine blowing in your face .. that's what I was trying to prove .If you want to be infected you will be , If you know what you're doing , ur never gonna get infected/hacked .------------------------------------------------------anyways enough talking about this issueI am going to start a new discussion ,if you allow meHas anyone tried " Lindows " ? it was an old attempt to bring Linuxs security and performance along with Windows Software compatability in one OS now it's called " Linspire "" LinspireTM is a full-featured operating system like Microsoft Windows XP or Apple Mac OSX. Linspire offers you the power, stability and cost-savings of Linux with the ease of a windows environment. In addition, Linspire features exclusive CNR technology that makes installing software on Linspire fast and easy -- simply find the software you want in the CNR Warehouse, then click and run it! Watch a 5-minute Flash Demo to quickly learn more about Linspire and CNR. "quoted from thier website at http://www.linspire.com/ ( sorry i am not spamming ) anyone tried it ?it seems thats the only software compatible with it are the ones listed by them in some Warehouse !!

linux for development

mac for productivity

unix for stability

windows for solitaire

Anyways...

Windows is the most user-friendly, but Linux and OSx are more stable and more secure...  I was thinking, though: If the majority of home users were Linux users, then wouldn't the people writing spyware and viruses just start writing them for Linux??  I dunno...anyways...that's about all I have to say...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do realize mac is based on unix? Also, mac is more user friendly, having used both.

Most ppl complaining about getting hacked or getting infected are mostly very unaware or very knowledgeLESS computer users ... like walking in a minefield ( adult / warez / adware sites ) and then whining about a mine blowing in your face .. that's what I was trying to prove .

The thing is, they should be able to do that without things being taken over, just for visiting a site. Running software that might have nasties is a different issue, but it simply shouldn't be so easy. Thats the main problem. Not that windows CAN be hacked(cause anything can be hacked...except maybe well configured openBSD, but thats about it), but that it is so easy and frequent, relative to other things.

so you're telling me that if I use firefox and go to these sites without any other protection software .. i am not going to get infected/hacked/hijackd or at least it will REDUCE the possibility ?

why ?

is it because of ( FIREFOX HAS NO ACTIVEX ) thing ?

if this is the case then I think I already one feet ahead of firefox using IE

( screenshot explains ) :

Posted Image

it's a screenshot from maxthon ( customized GUI ) .. so if this is the case " ACTIVEX " then now i am safe !

according to many firefox fans ! yay

:)