xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
creedgaming

Iframes Sick Of hates

emmm go search on googlefind any kinda of web designer .. see his website if u SAW one with frames come back and talk , btw I should flame the hell outta your *bottom* u dumbshit but i wont .

yea, i don't really mind too much if it's for something small like the news or a shoutbox...though i prefer the div scrolling ability more then a frame where you have to manage two seperate pages... -_-

Oh...It really depends on the web manager's html skills. I personally prefer invisible frames with invisible scrollbars. *Shrugs* But div scrollbars are fine as well.

I dont like Iframes or Frames, im managing as it is to create sites without them and they dont help as much as they claim to be able to. there hard to design round and hard to actually learn but thats only my two cents.

yeah, i find myself on dissing both frames and iframes. frames are clunky, they suck up usable space. You have to counter for how old browser render them (invisibility came later). And if you want to be accessible (for instances, you work for a state run facility and your content should be readily accessible to blind people with screen readers) you have to be redundantly link everything in the frame anyway. iframes just plane stink. It takes a long time to get them to render right, and even longer to get them to render in non-standard compliant browsers - and i gave up finding a solution for them and a screen reader.

I dislike frames but think iframes are ok. Of course they can be misused a lot by some unexperienced people but they can be used quite effectively. I have used them somewhat frequently in the past. I have yet to delve into php so good replacements will be learned, eventually.

Neither good or bad. Frames and Iframes are not bad at all for me..it is a simple way to reduce bandwith consumption of websites. (well aside "cache friendly" websites or simply graphicaly reduced ones). Instead of reloading the whole page page, contents could just be reloaded in frames or iframes. But personally I hate viewing sites full of frames.

okay maybe frames is not a very good idea... but iframes is a very useful tool for designers if implemented properly. it saves time on loading the whole page when you want to re load a small part of a page.Example:A form which contains a mulitple choice question on how good is my site is there on a corner of my main page... when someone clicks an option and clicks submit, only that part will show the results... no need to open new browser window or move from the main page.

I think no problem on iframe , it is good for web design .It is good for loading a web page ,if two web page contant many same thing I perfer creative a frame site .for example the butten of the "Home" Eamil" "Q&A" , I will build a frame set on left handside .

I've never used iframes, but heh, I'll look into it LOL. I do use frames on one of my sites... and here's the why.There is an index page, which doesn't have the frames, it's a disclaimer where you click "I am 18" or "I am underage and scared of what you're saying" (which takes em to disney.com). Then the actual site starts with frames. A top frame where I have a flash banner and a nested left frame with again a flash menu (xml driven). The content (main frame) is basically static, external style sheets and uhm about 5 graphics :D one on each profile. So to protect my bandwidth there, I do use frames. Also the use of frames when using flash etc is nice for dial up users, it only has to load once and it stays :DBefore anyone here thinks I am violating the TOS, this particular site is not hosted here. ;) I wouldn't do that.

I personally like iframes, and I use them on both of my sites (look at my sig). They are easy to implement (sp?), easy to use, and makes the site look more "compact" as long as you only use one or two.

I simply use them for a content box, so that the nav bar loads the pages in the main iframe. I think they work wonderfully for digital art sites, and for smaller sites of any type. All you need is one index.html with the main table, then a bunch of smaller pages containing only text that will load in the main iframe.

1 thing with Iframes though, is IE's lack of support. Not for iframes as a whole (IE supports iframes) but IE's lack of transparency support. That means, if you want your site to be viewable by Internet Explorer users then the iframes will have to be a solid color. You cannot have an image in the background, and the iframe color as "transparent" - the iframe would just show up as white in IE, which does not look good at all.

I wasn't thinking of that when I made my main site, unrealwp.astahost.com , but for the Team nO clan site I made ( teamno.unrealwp.astahost.com ) I set the iframe color to just a plain color that blends in perfectly with the color of the image behind it anyways (which is just a single color rectangle).

If you need any help/suggestions with iframes, just post...I'm sure I or some other person could help out :D - just make sure you don't make them transparent (like I made the mistake of doing) if you want everybody to be able to view your site correctly.

@moonwitch - link to site! Posted ImagePosted Image