xisto Community
jwcgator

Does Anyone Play Pokemon? *not A Joke* ^^^^^^

Back when I was about in 5th grade, my entire class was hooked onto pokemon games. We would bring our gameboys to school and battle each other. But after a while it got boring. The battle system got monotomous and the newer versions that came out (Silver and Gold) were practically the same thing only with a different person and a 'new ' adventure. All of them featured the same old aim. Get those gym badges and defeat the pokemon league thingy (You know, those funny people with those stronger pokemon in which you had to defeat in a row). After the release of Silver and Gold I just drifted away and never really thought about playing it again.

Im a teenager and even I LOVE Pokemon, it is just too cool and popular, so many good characters, so many fun RPGs...DarkYuke, have you tried Ruby and Sapphire? It contains all teh Pokemon so far with a good storyline, and is probably the best and longest game ever.Pokemon is THE game, THE show, it's the most popular thing ever in my view.

I've always been a big pokemon fan. I remember how happy I was when I first got Pokemon: Blue when it first came out back in 1996. That was probably the best experience I had with the pokemon genre. I like how the series has progressed but nothing takes the cake of the old games.I'm currently playing the newest one, Emerald. I can't wait for the new nintendo DS pokemon games and how they are going to take advantage of the touch screen.

I played the games when they first came out and I was into the games and the cartoon at the same time. I'll say I was quite addicted to the cartoon and so I had to try the games. They were pretty good to me. I liked the catching new pokemon and the storyline was fine. But I have moved on from the games and the cartoons but I'm curious about the new games so I might check them out.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a pokêmaniac :P Well maybe not quite as much as I used to be, but I still love it :) My TCG collection is not as big as I'd like, but I don't have alot of money for it right now, I only have about 200 cards... I spent $40 bucks at 6 flags great america for an air brushed Pikachu shirt, I have some of the gold cards from when McD's had them in those balls... :D I am currently playing through Pokêmon Crystal right now :D I love trying to find hidden stuff, and new cheat codes. True, I haven't found anything that I haven't seen in walkthroughs for pokêmon yet, but I did find one new cheat code for one of the zelda games that isn't posted anywhere on the net. It's simular to the infinite life code already out there, but it doesn't affect you bad when you turn mine off. (Mine grants infinite life through the medicine, rather than frezzing your heart count at half). :D--- Just another Gamer looking For fun... ;)-YB

Are they still releasing new Pokemon video games? My younger sibs were seriously into the cartoon, and the games (mostly on GameBoy Color), but I haven't really heard anything from them about Pokemon lately ... unless it's "Oh, I'm playing Crystal again" or something like that. Personally ... when it comes to cartoons and their respective tie-ins ... I prefer the original Ninja Turtles cartoon. And the video games (SNES and Genesis titles were the best IMO - forget the NES junk).But the short-lived cereal was horrible.

Pokemon, gotta catch em all! Lol, great stuff. I was into pokemon for a little while. I mean comeon, everyone was. I don't play it anymore tho, I got bored of it pretty quick, considering you pretty much do the same thing in red, blue..and all the other pokemon games there are out there. I played a couple of them and they weren't bad at all. I'm still surprised they are still putting out the games tho. I figured their sells had hit bottom. A guy I work with started collecting the pokemon cards for his kids and he has almost every card, lol.

Im a teenager and even I LOVE Pokemon, it is just too cool and popular, so many good characters, so many fun RPGs...

DarkYuke, have you tried Ruby and Sapphire? It contains all teh Pokemon so far with a good storyline, and is probably the best and longest game ever.

Pokemon is THE game, THE show, it's the most popular thing ever in my view.

Is it just me that was revolted by the fact that Trojan likes Pokemon 'cause it's popular?

Anyways, my romance with Pokemon goes a long way back. In December 1999, while I was living in Brasil, I flew to San Diego, CA to visit my brother, who took me to a game store and suggested I buy the new hottest things! The transcription on the box that said, "Gotta catch 'em all!" really intimaded me because I assumed it's a game where you go around and try to collect things on a time limit. My parents and brother persuaded me to buy it, and so I bought Pokemon Red.

I got hooked quickly. Looking back, I just long the innocence I had back then, and how I always loved to learn new things. Give me a Pokemon game today, and I won't have any problem grasping what's going on in it, but as a 9 year-old I find it so magical that I just played through the game and learnt as I went.

I took it back to Brasil with me and started playing ferociously. When we came back from winter vacation another kid in my grade had also gotten Pokemon Blue, and we started playing together, until we both (with the help of one another through trading) completed the game - all 151 pokemons. :P I really loved playing it, and I had already known each pokemon throroughly, including each one's type, evolutions, and even the serial number of some of them.

Afterwards, my brother mailed me a VHS tape of the first three episodes of the Anime, and I "premiered" it to my friends on my birthday party. I remember trying to imagine how the theme song to the franchise that had become an integral part of my life by then might sound. We watched it excitedly, and we were still imitating the various pokemon from the show for weeks!

Meanwhile lots of other people got the GB game, and it got to a point where everyone already had a party of six pokemon leveled 100 each (through the item multiplication glitch - I did it too after getting two pokemon to that level without resorting to cheating). Pokemon battles at the playground became a strategical thing, because no one's pokemon was stronger than the other's. I remember trying to find a pokemon that aside to being psychic was also another type, so he would have an advantage over Mewtwo, which up to then was the strongest pokemon in everyone's party, and would often cause long sequences of two Mewtwo's fighting each other, and always healing themselves, until one of the Mewtwo's MP ran out (and I mean long). I found Starmie the only pokemon to answer those demands, and it became my signature pokemon, and I became a pokemon master at my school, beating everyone in pokebattles. :P

Then came the TCG! I was never really into that, and never really mastered it as much as I mastered the GB games, so of course I liked it less. I did have a fair share of cards, and even though I hardly ever played a battle with them, I still liked collecting a bit. That was really nice until because my friend Gilbert started crying one time over something related to Pokemon (I was there when it happened, but I don't remember), everything pokemon was banned at my school. :P

After that, I got Pokemon Yellow, but I don't think I ever completed it. The rest of the games I played on an emulator on my PC, except Pokemon Silver, of which I got a ripped copy (I didn't know it was ripped at the time!), but I never really finished another game completely, and I never really remembered more pokemon than the 151 I knew.

That's it! That's the story of my early childhood (I was 9 year old at the time... :P) addiction, and I still feel a great inclination towards the pokemon world. I still have a copy of Pokemon Red, even though I lost my Pokemon Yellow, and I don't really count the fake Pokemon Silver I own as anything. I also have my TCG collection intact, sitting in my closet, and when I tried connecting more to a kid I'm guiding in a youth movement, we had lots to talk about as he's also into the pokemon trading cards, years after they first came out!

Whew, that was long. :D

hahaha, pokemon. I always despised it when I was young. But when my mom brought home a a gameboy (the old school no color bulky one) she found at work with pokemon in it. I actually found the game kind of fun. Its basically like a Final Fantasy game but with pets that are fighting. Those were the days, now everytime I hear it or see it I be embarrased that I actually liked it. haha...

I got my first PKMN game in 2003 with Pokemon Closoum ( Spelling )Then i got fire red and Emerald .I just use action replay to beat the game , because i want to get a Deoxys :(

i remember back in 1998 i bought my first pokemon game; Pokemon Red. I believe that this is possibly the best game in the world besides Runescape lmao.I played that game for hours on end and i had all level 99 pokemon.What i mean by that is that ALL of my pokemon were level 99 every last 148 of them.No i did not use the rare candy glitch either because that is weak to use it and plus u end up with weaker monsters.I was missing only 2 pokemon and they were on th Blue version which my older borther had and he couldnt find the last 2 that i needed.then one day it all went downhill.You see we were having a garage sale and i was playing my pokemon as usual and some girl comes up to me and takes it out of my hands and just runs to her car. I yelled to her to give it back but i was 10 years old what could i do.When she drove by she said that my mother had sold it to her and when i asked my mom about it she said she would never sell my gameboy and i told her some girl stole it and she bought me a new one.All that data lost forever all the hard work was lost. From then on my interest in pokemon gradually faded and is now at a stand still. well thats my story so how about yours =p