xisto Community
jwcgator

Does Anyone Play Pokemon? *not A Joke* ^^^^^^

I have Blue and Red versions, and I haven't played them for a very long time. My brother just got a DS for his birthday, and I was wanting to play some of my old games. I got out the pokemon games and I was so ticked off when the old games didn't fit into the the DS. Very disappointing.

pokemon is one of the worst things ever thought of its boring and for little kids i mean a little rat named pikachu running around any body intellegent would relize that its for kids 5-8 If it were for older kids it wouldnt have little turtles i used to collecet the cards but now i wished i hadnt there goes up to $500 on pokemon and Yugeho(how ever you spell it) cards down the drain i could have used on anything else like college or even a lot of cooler games. :) by the way ahhahahahahahah you guys like pokemon what a bunch of little baby kids hahahahahahahahahahaha grow up you people :(

I like Pokemon a lot. I just like the Red and Blue Versions vs. the Yellow b/c it just gets too easy. I tried to get into Gold and Silver, but I just didn't like them. Soon after, the whole Pokemon craze just got too far beyond me. I made the mistake of actually watching the show a little while ago, and I had hardly any Idea of the Pokemon Ash was using. When Pokemon first came out, ANYONE who was a true RPG gamer took a good look at it. However, opinions shifted when Nintendo decided to promoted it as a cheesy, kid-friendly, playground gossip, "Gotta- catch 'em all", elementary school romp. At least this is were I began to play Pokemon only in the comfort of my own home versus out in public :rolleyes: Not that this was a bad thing though. Children ate this stuff up and cemented Nintendo as the leading hand-held king. The older kids simply went back too the Final Fantasies and Zeldas that had always been highly respected among mature gamers.I still enjoy finding a level 120 Mewto off the coast of Cinnabar and smashing him with one of my 99 Master Balls every now and then. LOL! -KAP

Man..I remember when Pokemon first came out all those years ago. I never really got hooked into it, but I did think the little characters were cute. And like most of you, I picked up 2 of the games: Pokemon Yellow, and Silver. I never played through the games seriously though...I used my Game Shark to get all of those Mega-powered Pokemon early in the game so it made for an easy play. :rolleyes: I'm a cheater..I know.

I used to play Pokemon, but now it seems like they're trying anything to keep the franchise alive. How many different variations of the colors Red, Blue, Yellow and Green are they going to use for the Game Boy titles??? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing through Red and Blue and even working on Stadium. Having the Pokemon evolve after a given number of levels was a pretty good incentive to level-up your pokemon. However, the makers are stretching the series to the point where it's the same game but with different names.

Well untill they get a 3d one which they are working on for either nintendo gamecube or nintendo "Revolution" we only have the little pokemon minigames like the DS's Pokemone dash which you have one playable character, not to mention thats only a cheap way of showing the capibility of ds but... still there are alot of good values in pokemon, the structure of the game is suprizingly complex, and having all the bonus attributes and skills each pokemon can seperatly or togeatherly have is Gigantic, which makes it a wonderful game. (Run on sentances anyone?

No I haven't played any of the Pokemon games one of the reasons is because I don't see a reason to play them on the Gameboy but as for the ones on the Gamecube I would consider playing when I have the time to do it.

No I haven't played any of the Pokemon games one of the reasons is because I don't see a reason to play them on the Gameboy but as for the ones on the Gamecube I would consider playing when I have the time to do it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why wouldn't you play the ones on the game boy? they're the best ones! they're solid rpgs and a good point about them is that they're accesible to everyone from kids to adults

why wouldn't you play the ones on the game boy? they're the best ones! they're solid rpgs and a good point about them is that they're accesible to everyone from kids to adults

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cause I keep breaking my Game boys, you never know to look at them but they are really fragile, so after I broke the last one I decide not to get another one thats why I haven't played the game boy versions :P

Game Boys are really fragile??? I still have a second generation GB - black casing, monochromatic screen,... and BULKY!!! And it still works - go figure. But if you're going to play Pokemon, you have to get the Game Boy version so you can take it with you wherever you go. If you happen to get hooked on the game, you're not going to like sitting at your desk and thinking about what Pokemon formation you should have - you'd be better off sitting there PLAYING the game and trying different groups of Pokemon to see what actually works!!! (Trust me... I played Pokemon in high school for that very reason... and yes, I was playing during school hours LOL)

Yea I remember the days of Pokemon. I would watch the show and play the game all the time. They are pretty good RPG's I have to say. But now I grew out of Pokemon and I just look back and laugh thinking how they were some good times. Now I also laugh whenever I see a new pokemon game come out. I think they should've have just stopped when the pokemon age died out.

Yah whatever happened to pokemon??? It was great, great story, characters, gameplay, and replay value was excellent, I still have some of the games and pick them up every once in a while and play for a bit.

I remember when I got the first of my 2 pokemon games. Back in 6th grade (I'm graduating next week) I got the blue version and my brother got the red. I was fairly hooked at first, but soon drifted away. Never got into the card game, but my brother did. As a game alone without the annoying cutesy shell, pokemon is actually a halfway decent RPG in a similar structure as the game boy Final Fantasy games (yes they made at least 3 of them, a loooong time ago). Every once in a while when I bored and don't feel like dying in CSS or playing NWN/Morrowind/KOTOR I toy with the idea of playing Pokemon, but the cutesy exterior simply gets on my nerves. That and Pokemon is a poorly disguised plot by the Japanese to create kamikazee warriors out of the young, impressionable youths of the world. :):) As to the sturdiness of gameboys, I have to say that they are very durable. My first generation GameBrick, the first beige gameboy that you couldn't stuff in your pocket if your tried, still works after however many years that I've had it. I dropped my gameboy pocket outside in the middle of a michigan winter on my way home from my bus stop and left it there a couple of nights untill one day after school I found it in a snow bank. That little bugger still worked just as wall as when we bought it. Gameboys are built to last.