xisto Community
mangacentral

Favourite Bands Whats yours.

truthfully I don't really have a "favorite" band, but here are a few noteworthys ^_^AlterbridgeThree Doors DownDaphne Loves DerbieSmile Empty SoulLost ProphetsSomething CorporateLifehouseLinkin ParkThe Callingi like the acoustic sounds of a guitar ^_^ probably cause that's what I play though... =P

This is the BEST topic for my very first post! So here goes...

I listen to a LOT of music, all kinds, so here are only the highlights. I'll categorize it as best I can.

Pop/Rock

Gomez

The Shazam

Grandaddy

Weezer

They Might Be Giants

Moxy Fruvous

Elvis Costello

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

The Argument

Ozma (best band EVER, but split up last year) :P

Americana/Acoustic

The Jayhawks

Yonder Mountain String Band

Del McCoury

The Mammals

Gillian Welch

Old Crow Medicine Show

Jam/Jazz/Funk

Medeski Martin & Wood

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Robert Randolph & The Family Band

Greyboy Allstars

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Charlie Hunter

The Meters

John Scofield

Keller Williams

Soulive

I could go on for hours, but I won't. :)

Heres some more to add to your list if you like punk/ska/alt...The Phenomanaughts (think its spelt correctly)The Secretions (My girl friends friends band, he's also in another band, an indy pro wrestler, and yes a elementary school teacher)The Groovie GhouliesThe Planet SmashersGWAR (had to include them just for their crazy insainness! There more of a metal band than alternative)

Deerhoof

KaitO

The Nightmare Fighters

Victor Wooten

Leftover Salmon

Bad Astronaut

The Living End

Lagwagon

Midtown

Galactic

Dream Theater

Liquid Tension Experiment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I listen to a LOT of music, all kinds, so here are only the highlights. I'll categorize it as best I can.

Pop/Rock

Gomez

The Shazam

Grandaddy

Weezer

They Might Be Giants

Moxy Fruvous

Elvis Costello

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

The Argument

Ozma (best band EVER, but split up last year)

Americana/Acoustic

The Jayhawks

Yonder Mountain String Band

Del McCoury

The Mammals

Gillian Welch

Old Crow Medicine Show

Jam/Jazz/Funk

Medeski Martin & Wood

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Robert Randolph & The Family Band

Greyboy Allstars

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Charlie Hunter

The Meters

John Scofield

Keller Williams

Soulive

He he... funny names ... you could be making these all up for all i know..., i can't beleive no ones mentioned the talented Eminem-anyone got the new album? It's great. i like Eminem, Green Day...Evanescence the offspring, Modest Mouse...

He he... funny names ... you could be making these all up for all i know..., i can't beleive no ones mentioned the talented Eminem-anyone got the new album? It's great. i like Eminem, Green Day...Evanescence the offspring, Modest Mouse...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shoot your radio. ;)

Seriously, though. I'm not being mean. I know that sometimes the best bands never get heard by enough people. It can be hard to look at a list of band names and know what to check out. Usually people get stuck choosing from whichever act has the most advertising money behind them or who has the current "hot" video. Well, if you're open minded here's a suggestion or five.

If you like Modest Mouse, check out Grandaddy, especially their Sumday CD..

You like the Offspring, check out The Shazam.

It is hard to go wrong with the new Green Day CD, but if you want to try something new find Gomez. I love their first CD, Bring It On, but their new one Split The Difference is great, too. The single plays on their home page automatically.

I have trouble getting into Evanesence. It just isn't my thing. But I do like great female singers. Check out Joss Stone or Jen Durkin and her band The Bomb Squad for some shivers down your spine.

Enjoy! ;)

Hold up, indy stations are still cool. They play the stuff no one else will, like old Dead Kennedys and the Ramones and Clash. Dont shooot the radio yet, just clearchannel, they are ruining the radio with their corporate rock crap. Bring back the Indy and College radio stations!

I agree, tattoopunk. Certainly Clear Channel has more in common with North Korea's state-run broadcasting operations than what we used to hear in the good old days on FM. Any radio company that voluntarily creates a list of banned songs to fall in line with administration policy is just downright frightening.

You must be lucky to live in an area with decent alternative radio (not meaning "alternative rock" as described by the industry). When I read someone's list of favorite bands that is largely the current Billboard Top 20 (no offense intended ;) ), I would guess that they don't know where to find the college or public station on their dial. There may not even be one nearby.

So I will now amend.

Shoot your corporate radio. Hug an indie DJ. ;)

I love indy dj's the so great. My local indy station actually plays a segment of the Daily Show every weekday at 4, it used to be a comedy segment, but they managed to get the rights from C.C.! They also have retro lunch with an all request hour of 60, 70's and 80's music.

In no particular order: Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Friends of Dean Martinez, System of a Down, Radiohead...

I've got quite the list;Maroon 5, Killers, Coldplay, U2, The Thrills, The White Stripes, Scissor Sisters, Creed, Puddle Of Mudd, Snow Patrol, Keane, Lost Prophets, Doves, Stereophonics, Franz Ferdinand, Embrace, Velvet Revolver, Linkin Park, Greenday, Guns N Roses (all time favourtie), Queen (2nd all time favourite), McFly (yeah I said it :D ).The reason I've got such a long list is because on any given day I could listen to any o their albums and not feel bored but not a lot of them bar Queen and Guns N Roses have songs which I could listen to 50 times in a row without boredom.When i'm in my pumped up mood doing excercise, it's Guns N Roses - Welcome to the jungle, Linkin Park, Lost Prophets, and Queen songs. When I'm depressed its Coldplay, Embrace or Keane. When I'm designing web sites it's the others. Just depends on what I am doing really. My favourite artist at the moment has to be Jamie Cullum and my favourite song ever, and still listen to it consistently, is november rain.