xisto Community
sky1405241473

Adidas Makes Shoes With Chips?

:P:P:P:P:P I believe it is worth it for the price... for those of you who run a lot, you know your shows are important to you... by modifying the arches to fit your feet is great, you dont ever have to worry about it causing pain on y our feet... If you know, for basketball players who practice jumps, they have different shoes with different arches to condition you to jump higher for the basket... If that technology, all shoes would have the option, which is nice... its versitial for every situation.... sweet..

Sad how much money people spend for shoes. I have never had a pair that was over $20. The ones I buy look no different then the ones for $80. (Except mine fall apart faster and are not as comfortable)Also, it says that the battery lasts about 100 hours. Does that mean the battery starts right when you put one the shoes, and ends after you take them off? If not, then the chip only lasts for about 6 days, meaning you have to change it about every week.To top it off, you could buy a PS2 and 1 (maybe 2) games for it instead of these shoes. Let's see; great game system and games to play or shoes? I can understand if you make lots of money and don't know where to spend it but still...

Sad how much money people spend for shoes. I have never had a pair that was over $20. The ones I buy look no different then the ones for $80. (Except mine fall apart faster and are not as comfortable)

Also, it says that the battery lasts about 100 hours. Does that mean the battery starts right when you put one the shoes, and ends after you take them off? If not, then the chip only lasts for about 6 days, meaning you have to change it about every week.

To top it off, you could buy a PS2 and 1 (maybe 2) games for it instead of these shoes. Let's see; great game system and games to play or shoes? I can understand if you make lots of money and don't know where to spend it but still...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know this is a bit off-topic, but a $250 shoe that will encourage you to actually go out and exercise (because you don't wanna waste the 250) will benefit you much more than a few video games you sit there on your *bottom* to play in the long run. I despise video games...whoever invented it probably would have second thoughts if he/she knew that it would cause all of the future generation kids to be lazy drones addicted to those "cool" flashy pictures on the television. Heh, alright, I'm gonna get lashed by someone being that this place is probably full of those "drones" lol. Anyways, I'm all for those shoes ^_^ keep in mind, new things tend to cost more. In time the price will eventually go down. So it's not like these shoes will stay at the 250 range forever =/

I tend to agree with lesmizzie. I mean $300 for a pair of shoes? What a stupid waste of money. Money wasted on shoes could be spent on cancer research and about a million other important things. Anyways, I really doubt they make you any faster. The chip and it's equipment would serve as a weight wouldn't it?

Has anyone else heard about the fact that the Adidas shoe comoany is now developing a type of shoe that has a microchip that reads various patters in the way a person runs, making it able to adjust arch support and other stuff like that? It shocked me at first, the idea that even our shoes will now posses mini computers. Not that I'm complaining, I love computers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup.. the company just took out a half page ad across all major cities through a prominent national news paper here in India.. I even had friends calling me up to investigate wether I'd seen the ad since I really do like the brand.. but hey.. a pair of shoes that's going to hit me with half a month's salary to invest in it. ummm.. there's a bit of a big think to be thought..

But sooner or later (and it's already possible since a lot of large design houses use the technique); we're all going to have material constructors.. (something like printers that actually construct shapes with set properties) which we will just plug into our computers.. surf online to locate the best free and paid for designes of various articles that may be of use to us.. like maybe parts of a car, a pair of jogging shoes, a swanky new mobile handset, an upgraded RAM for your computer, parts to upgrade your material constructor... or even perhaps it'll be possible some day.. that we may order our favourite burger online and the constructor will just spit it out like a warm printout..

Technology rocks..

Wow. If they make soccer cleats with chips like that in them, I am most definetly buying them. I would sure like a pair of running sneakers like that, but I will wait until I have gotten the chance to actually try them before I even think of purchasing them.

Wow thats freaky. Its not long befor the computers take us over. Putting chips in shoes reminds me of a southpark eppisode that had towelly the talking towel that had a chip put in him. It was realy funny.

I think it's amazing that technology is able to do that in shoes. I haven't heard any reviews on them, but I know that they're nearly impossible to find due to the fact that they sold out quicker than they could put them on the shelves. It's great that we're able to do those kinds of things in shoes, but the price of them is high. I know that the price has to be high, since I'm sure the chips and things aren't cheap that went into the shoes, but what happens when you pay $275 (I think) for a pair of shoes and the shoes wear out before the chip does? Depending on how long you've had the shoes, it could be a waste of money. If anyone owns a pair, PM me about them, I'm curious. I don't think I'll be paying the $275 for them any time soon. I'll stick with my New Balance running shoes. :D

The shoes are a gimmick. It cost like what? $200 plus for the shoes that is ridiculous. The shoes say it will make you run faster. It is not true! If you have no endurance and stamina you aren’t going to be going any faster that what you regularly run. These shoes are for professionals who have a lot of money to spend and show off. I would rather buy four for five pairs of shoes that will last me a year or two instead of a shoe that will cost me more than $200 and will only last for a few months. :D

Has anyone else heard about the fact that the Adidas shoe comoany is now developing a type of shoe that has a microchip that reads various patters in the way a person runs, making it able to adjust arch support and other stuff like that? It shocked me at first, the idea that even our shoes will now posses mini computers. Not that I'm complaining, I love computers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's insane --- i saw a clip of it on the news a few weeks ago. just imagine, though ... if a nice pair of shoes today are considered expensive, i wonder how much those will go for!

-- bigredrosen

You know the 1st run of that shoe is going to cost an arm & leg... but as was mentioned earlier here... something like that would be of great interest to a ton of Athletes!!! Can you immagine using the information that chip might provide... to construct your very own sprinting shoe... then having the Olympics disqualify ya once you've one the gold medal! *Grinz* Technology... the next banned Drug! hehehe

That sounds really interesting to me. It is like wearing a computer or carrying mini computer with you when you are out there doing jogging, walking, or for that matter any kine of exercise. I definitely do agree that the pricing might be a deterrant for some who cannot spend that kind of money, but for people who have it is worth a gadget. It might even give the location of a person, his position, like the GPRS phenomenon, and possibly save a person's life if he kind of has an attack or something (i mean't heart attack, the mini computer might send back some signal to the base or the home and maybe some kind of help might come through the gadget. Boy, i feel excited when such gadgets storm the market, but a little price friendly. Bye for now, for all those who share similar views.