xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wwheeler

Spyware Detection Software What is the best to use?

How about if i told you guys about a scanning tool that PREVENTS all spyware from getting on your computer. That it will also protect you from ALL virusses around, and you know what? It's completely freeware, and thousand's, maybe millions are using it, but noone uses it because it has a 'difficult' interface and people are to lazy to use it.

Wanna know what it is? This all protecting too is called LINUX, 99.9% of all virusses won't run on it, spyware also won't run. And best of all, it's completely F R E E. Ever heard of a Linux user needing a virusscanner or spyware scanner? NO, because they don't even NEED one.

If you're all so paranoid about your privacy, get rid of your lazyness and try it today.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

:P

Wanna know what it is? This all protecting too is called LINUX, 99.9% of all virusses won't run on it, spyware also won't run. And best of all, it's completely F R E E. Ever heard of a Linux user needing a virusscanner or spyware scanner? NO, because they don't even NEED one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a load of crap! Linux might be better than Windows, but that doesn't mean it doesn't get viruses or spyware. Whatever OS you have, you're gonna run virus and spy/adware checkers occasionally - unless your a complete moron that is.

the best is still Ad-aware, those of you using spybot should know that it DOES NOT get everything.  go download ad-aware and run both of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that goes for adaware as well: adawere also remains blind for some spyware. best would be to run the both of them... but oh well, spybot's ok.

and about linux. a lot of it is true: as most users use windows it is only normal that most spyware & virusses are written for windows environment. because of this, they won't run on linux. however, there are linux virusses.

but sophos antivirus beats every windows virus scanner, so they don't have to be a problem.

For a free antivirus program, I would recommend AVG Anti-virus availabe for free download at http://www.avg.com/de-de/homepage. I can't believe it's free (at least, for home users), it has got some many features and is so reliable my computer can't do without it

Of course, protection simply isn't complete without spyware remover and firewall and whatnots

If you're all so paranoid about your privacy, get rid of your lazyness and try it today.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use linux on one of my machines.... There are a whole lot of security risks with linux too.. Let's be flatley honest, there is now such thing as total security.

Thanks to people that find it fun to do illegal things, every one has to watch their back.

To remove any spyware I encounter or am unaware of I use the following:Spybot search and destroy (for its immunize and spyware/adware system search features)Norton Antivirus 2004 (Dont like it very much however it can be handy for adware/spyware missed by spybot search and destroy)SpywareBlaster (Good for activeX things which hook into your system within the IE and Mozilla/Firefox browsers)

to remove any activeX spywares such as 35mb.com applets use Hijackthis

http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

HijackThis screenshot - click for full sizeHijackThis is a tool, that lists all installed browser add-on, buttons, startup items and allows you to inspect, and optionally remove selected items. The program can create a backup of your original settings and also ignore selected items. Additional features include a simple list of all startup items, default start page, online updates and more. Intended for advanced users

I have been usin adaware and spybot s&d witch gets rid of about 90% of it. I then will run clamwin av witch tracks down a couple more that the others didnt find. I allso run a program called code stuff starter to see what is running in the background and google anything that I am not sure about. Gues I am paranoid:)

I use spyware doctor, it scans all the bad files.Then I use spy bot S&D.Then I use adware.These three measures help me in keeping my pc safe and free for spyware and adware. I also used to have some software(whic I cant remembr at the moment) to control activX(or sumfin like that).

my favorite freeware Antivirus - Avast 32 Home editonMy favorite CHEAP antivirus - NOD 32My prefered Spyware realtime detection / removal etc etc Giant AntiSypware , it's not free but it's the most powerfull i've tried 13 of these things , and this one actualy does what it says .