xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wwheeler

Spyware Detection Software What is the best to use?

I know M$ is evil, but you can't deny they make awesome software. The one I'm using now and I've had better results with is they antispyware. I really hope they will make an antivirus.

The best would probably have to be Spyware Eliminator 4.0. It removes basically every type of spyware on your computer. I guess the only bad thing is that it cost $29.99. There are still pretty good free ones out there, but you should get this one.

I have always used, and always will use Adaware and Spyware Blaster together as they do the job but to help prevent any attacks of maliscious spyware i run Previx Home Edition on my computer which keeps your computer safe... its even a zero day virus protector. Although for virus protection i use NOD32, truely the best, most effective virus guard ever created... i 'cleaned' my computer with norton and kaspersky and then installed nod32, it found a whole bundle of things including some quite serious stuff... Very impressed!

I used almost all NAV's and i was happy with 'em, but when i tried Avast Professional Edition i was very suprised when i realised that NAV slowed my computer a lot comparing to Avast. And Avast finds same viruses like NAV.Antivirus: Avast! 4.6 ProfessionalAntispyware: Ad-aware SE

I have been spyware free ever since I upgraded Windows to Service Pack 2 and have installed McAfee Security Center 2005. I have not even needed to download Ad-Aware SE or any other spyware removers. This has got to be the greatest thing ever. I have been spyware free for a good 2 months now. I say it was worth the money to get McAfee. By the way, im not even using Mozilla or any other browser, I am using good ole' IE 6!I say spend the money and the time to update/install Service Pack 2 and McAfeeSecurity Center.

Hi all,Don't want to get into the "which is best" controversy etc. Everybody has their own oppinion(s).. all probably valid for some reason of personal experience. The issue to remember is that the "spyware/virus etc. wars" is an everchanging, dynamic due to the very nature of the "bugs" out there. All the detection & removal proggies out there will probably have everchanging "rankings" in the battle for who can fix it first. True, even some of the bigger co's have made some major blunders in the past re: messing up peoples computers with their "updates'upgrades" but hey, that's just the "nature" of the territory. My advice is to always keep a "clean" backup copy of your system & only do manual (not automatic) upgrades & then test the "update/upgrade" yourself.Personally, I prefer specific tools rather than "suites" because I think it gives me more control & often some insight into what's going on inside the computer.I you'd like to see a big selection of proggies...check out the "Links" section of MyWebsite.Just some thoughtsRGPHNX