xisto Community
rmdort

How To Mount A Cd Image

Ok First u need to hav a image of a FIle . Images are actually CD exact copies. To run them u dun need a cd drive but instead we can Emulate them . U can download Emulators such as Deamon toolsAlcohol 120%NeroDaemon tools is one of my preffered emulator coz its not resource eater. So i will tell u how to mount image in Daemon toolsWhat are Images?Images are of the format .nrg, iso, .cue,.bin. These are the plpular image files.Run Daemon Tools after Installing. An icon wil appear in the toolbar. Right click on the icon There will be an option to mount image. Click on the Mount image and navigate to the image files and select them . Once mounted the CD will autoplay.Thts all Now u have emulated a drive or a Virtual Drive. Any comments are welcome..

hmm...yea, I've seen people do this before. I don't know if it's really all the necessary though...cause it the .nrg, .iso, .cue, and .bin extensions are rather large files...unless of course you ripped it off a CD that really isn't yours.. =P

I've got plenty of free space at my hard drive and sometimes I like to rip a CD and mount it, just to save time. I also use my computer as my music player (connected to an amplifier and hi-fi speakers) so there's got to be room for CDs.

hmm...if you bought a CD, why would you need to rip it? Wouldn't it be easier just to stick it into the driver? Maybe I'm just old-fashion like that lol, but i don't like using my comp as a music player ^_^

or if your not using MS-Windows, you can extract a cd-image ismply by copying it...

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=cdImage.iso

and to mount it, well, just mount it asif it was a normal cd... or if its an audio cd, you can pseudo-mount it in konqueror.

hmm... there is one reason to rip my own CD... to put them on shelve and prevent from scratches... I think so...

mount image as virtual drive

How To Mount A Cd Image

Hi, can we make a program in vc++ to mount a image of a partition as virtual drive.Please help;

-sushil sati

how to mount a disk image

How To Mount A Cd Image

Hi if I want to mount a image as virtual drive then I needed a driver for it; can it possible without a driver;

-reply by Sushil Sati

game consoles

How To Mount A Cd Image

What's up I have a question I down load xbox playstation ect... Iso images how do I use daemon tools to make them work on the console's I've been at this for two days now and cant seem to get them to play on the consoles I double click on the image and nero burns the image to a dvd I thought that would work but it doesn't please help

-reply by curtis lee

Deamon Tools "Help"

How To Mount A Cd Image

Replying to rmdortI downloaded Deamon Tools, and tried to mount a .Iso file, but even though the program finds the file, and adds it to the list; mount stays greyed out, and does not allow me to mount it! Right clicking on the icon does not give the mount option shown in your article!

-reply by Raymond Courtney

game consoles

How To Mount A Cd Image

What's up I have a question I down load xbox playstation ect... Iso images but it doesn't please help

-reply by curtis lee

That's the funny thing with console games. They are protected against piracy, so donwloading them from the internet is useless, your copy will not work.

And if you try harder, you are not respecting our forum rules which are also against piracy, so nobody here will answer your question. :)

help wit games

How To Mount A Cd Image

I don't have a clue how to do this and I get games for my sons new computer and cant get them to work.Please help

-reply by halifax chick

Hi I recently found out my emergency 4 deluxe cd was scratched and would not work...So I decided I would look for a torrent...I downloaded it and tried to extract it using winrar but it said there was nothing to extract and to put in the cd... So I got alcohol 120% and daemon tools lite and tried to mount an image but I couldnt find one...Could anybody tell me where to find these images...ThanksReply here or preferably to my e-mail crusher1995 at hotmail.Com-question by Dylan

help!!!!How To Mount A Cd Image

I recently bought a simcity 4 game pack but it got scrached.Thus I downloaded it from torrent,to run the downloaded files I also downloaded magic iso.But I don't know how to mount the image and where? I wrote the files on a cd but it does not help,I also extracted it to the desktop but when I run setup it just asks for cd 2 after the half the installation is over,and I cantt go beyond that.The read me is also not helpfull. Plese help me interpret this readma!

help!!!!

How To Mount A Cd Image

I recently bought a simcity 4 game pack but it got scrached.Thus I downloaded it from torrent,to run the downloaded files I also downloaded magic iso.But I don't know how to mount the image and where? I wrote the files on a cd but it does not help,I also extracted it to the desktop but when I run setup it just asks for cd 2 after the half the installation is over,and I cantt go beyond that.The read me is also not helpfull. Plese help me interpret this readma!

OK, first of all, what you did is completely forbidden. If you scratch your disk, you have to go back to the shop where you bought it and ask for another copy.

Secondly, most of game disks are protected, and this protection makes that iso files do not work, the game asks for the original disk and is able to verify that the disk inside the CD reader is an original one.

The only legit use of iso files is for legit softwares which are not copy-protected, having the iso locally avoids physically disk manipulation.