xisto Community
rmdort

How To Mount A Cd Image

running rossetta stone

How To Mount A Cd Image

I was given Rossetta Stone on CD, but I only have a netbook, so I thought I would be clever and put the files on my external hard drive. I was able to install the Rossetta Stone program, but I cannot view the lessons. I am fairly computer retarded and cannot figure out how to mount the lessons to get them to play. I downloaded the Daemon tools lite, but now I'm lost...

-question by fen fen

Do you mean that you have no CD reader on your laptop? Could you, just for test purposes, try borrowing an external USB CD reader and put the Rossetta Stone CD in the reader and see if it works ? then, this would mean that you have to create a virtual CD reader using the Daemon tools software you just downloaded.

hp mini windows 7 vs magicdiscHow To Mount A Cd Image

Magicdisc doesnt work on windows 7 starter no matter how much I try, it keeps stopping and such. I have an hp mini and idk what to do because I need a virtual drive to rip a data copy of my microsoft office 2007 but I used a .Uif file so I'm stumped. 

HP mini 210-1092dxHow To Mount A Cd Image

Yes, I too have one HP Mini, which has NO cd-rom drives or anyother kind of drive besides USB and other small devices.  However, I also have Windows 7, so mounting a drive would be most convenient for my PS-X Emulator I just downloaded off the web.  I will try this MagicIso and see what happens! 

Perhaps in order to run it on Windows 7, use Window's 7 capability to right-click on a file and open the properties, and set it to run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP and Vista...

-reply by Guess887

Replying to (G)Ilij
open/install
open program
click copy down the side
then click convert image
select files and  press ok
when finished will hace working .ISO file
then mount the .ISO with a proogram

Imaging games you own to a consoleHow To Mount A Cd Image

My feelings exactly. I've played XBOX games for hours only to have the dreaded media read error, and have to end the game (sometimes saved, sometimes not). After awhile, the CD wouldn't even read properly. If I could have imaged it the first day I bought the game, then I not only would save the drive and media wear & tea, but the transitions between chapters of the game would be smoother and definitely faster--reading from the hard drive. Imaging a game you own to your own machine shouldn't be a crime.

-reply by John

I can't understand why people were posting in this topic in 2010 when it was started in 2004. Something tells me the poster has moved on from this topic 6 years later lol

Edited by Habble (see edit history)

I can't understand why people were posting in this topic in 2010 when it was started in 2004. Something tells me the poster has moved on from this topic 6 years later lol

This means that people still have this problem. Most of PC users are familiar with booting on CD or on floppy drives, and they are lost when there is no CD reader on a system. That's why such topics are still open. Of course, if you don't feel them pertinent, simply ignore them, nothing forces you replying to a topic you think useless.