xisto Community
yasir

Mozilla Firefox Poll Give your view about the FireFox browser

I love mozzila alot better than IE. Whenever I use IE, it goes slower for me, which is very annoying. Before IE7 came along , tabbed browsing saved me window space :XD:

Yes, Mozilla Firefox is the best browser around! It well overruns Opera and IE 7.

Why it overruns Opera?

Couse Opera doesn't support the great addons Mozilla Firefox has. It can't compare to it. They say their browser is the fastest, the most safe, but that is not a true. Mozilla Firefox can be much faster, when you apply to it the speed tweaks.

Why it overruns IE 7?

IE 7 also doesn't have the great Mozilla Firefox addons. But the more important thing is the security leaks - most caused from the ActiveX controls. You can never trust it, I got much spyware on my previews computer.

Why it overruns the browsers with IE shell?

The browsers with IE shell are just IE. I won't ever install such thing.

So just use Mozilla Firefox - the only web browser you can trust :P

I haven't used this Safari but from what I've used I would say: FIREFOX rules all! You all said many reasons: security, easy to handle, many tabs, good looks and so on. I just think that there is no better browser and this is what I have been using from much time. IE has no tabbing ( at least I know so), it's slow, the security s*cks and I just don't like it :P Use firefox and firefox only!

Safari is the best. But some websites can't handle it yet so... Yes, Apple did release it for Windows. Go to http://www.apple.com/safari/ for more details. It's like almost 4x faster, it has even MORE security features, more other features like the AutoFill form (so you don't have to type your information in every time you sign-up for something.

Hey guys,
Lemme know what you think abou the Mozilla Firefox browser.

I personally think it out runs Microsoft Internet Explorer mainly cos of the convenience of having all the windows in one main window, plus enhanced security features.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Yasir :)

i love firefox it is way way way faster than IE and has many more customizable features such as the media player in the status bar.

I use Firefox and I'm happy with it, all websites work well on it! I've tried Opera and IE7, IE7 sucks, it's very slow, and Opera is good but has some problems in some websites. Firefox is the best it's fast,secure and customizable.FIREFOX ROCKS!

Forefox rocks. My IE constantly shuts down and gives errors. It stops responding quite often. But, the combination of IE and Vista doesn't help it either.

I think it was an awesome browser until version 2 came out. It started eating up all the memory in the computer, and it got really really slow. I have had some problems with firefox recently to the point where I have almost started hating it. Is anybody else having similar issues in firefox?

Not only that, but tabbed browsing is a miracle

Well tabbed browsing is also available in Internet explorer 7.0.But I like firefox,more because of it themes and extensions like greasemonkey which is very helpful for running scripts specially while sites like orkut and other.
I also like firefox because firefox has a cache and suppose if something goes wrong wth my net connection then any reply which I have made to posts in Xisto can be retrived by just going back,otherwise in Internet explorer any long post which I have made couldn't be retrived if something goes wrong like that and then again the post has to be made which is really annoying.

I prefer mozilla firefox. It is usable , easily customisable , faster , has adblocker and invented tabbing. The add-ons are useful , but with internet explorer the extent of add-ons is a google toolbar. It is just more convenient for me. I have tried several other browsers , but I still think FF is the best

I have been using Firefox as webbrowser from the start release, and from the source it is more safer and more reliable than Internet Explorer was at that time. But by years of updates, security fixes and upgrade patches have made Internet Explorer (now 7) a equal opponent to Mozilla's Firefox. It seems that with tabs and features (google window) that Firefox always had a lead in the competition, Microsoft vs. Mozilla. Plus that Mozilla have always been so user customizeable(addons, features).
I've been recommended customers for years to use Mozilla Firefox mainly for their web browsing security, but nowadays I can't see why not ordinary Windows user can use Internet Explorer 7 as default webbrowser. The better choice, which are my experience, that customers (in my case) use what they are used to and prefer.

I also like firefox because firefox has a cache and suppose if something goes wrong wth my net connection then any reply which I have made to posts in Xisto can be retrived by just going back,otherwise in Internet explorer any long post which I have made couldn't be retrived if something goes wrong like that and then again the post has to be made which is really annoying.

Thats one of the beauty in Firefox, opps, 300 Mb of system memory are occupied by firefox on my laptop. Task Manager, kill firefox proccess. When you don't need so much memory, ahh, firefox.exe recover Session Manager, back to where you were browsing.

FireFox is the most customizable browser available. They invented everything good about browsers, and IE just stole from them.They have A LOT of extensions you can get, so you can do just about anything. Plus, if you really want to, you can make your own extensions. It might take a while to learn how to code it, but it's worth it in the end.FF even has an extension so you can look at pages so you know what they would look like in IE, if you're a website developer.FF rules!

I used Internet Explorer (6) for about a year or so when I was first using the internet regularly. I was basically forced to stop using it and switch to Firefox because of the extensive amount of spyware that ended up on my computer. Granted, it wasn't all IE's fault, but consequently when I switched to Firefox, the spyware and popups suddenly didn't happen, and I could use the internet overall faster.

Not to mention all the great add-ons that Firefox has that IE doesn't.

Though, IE7 is catching up to the awesomeness of Firefox. It now has tabbed browsing and some add-ons. But, overall Firefox is still my one and only browser. :)