xisto Community
yasir

Mozilla Firefox Poll Give your view about the FireFox browser

I want to love Firefox I really do, but it is simply becoming unusable. Its far too slow in almost all respects, slow to open, hellishly slow at doing anything. I will however say that it it far excedes Internet Explorer (Although 7 beta 3 is promising, and almost usable). However I have recently moved away from Firefox (due to the memory leaking) and gone over to Opera, which I can highly recommend to anyone not wanting to use IE, but put off by firefox's speed (or rather lack of), true Firefox has some advantages (More widely supported, especially by the big 3 (Google, MS, and Yahoo) and the extensions (although most extensions simply mimic built in features of Opera) and Opera is usually fine if you mask the User agent as Mozilla, or IE). Opera is widely regarded as the fastest browser currently available and features pretty much every built in feature of Firefox (and some extension features) and more (Bittorrent, built in mail client, IRC, download resuming). Firefox is good (better than IE) just not as good as Opera, but the main point is you don't use IE.

Notice from electriic ink:
Removed the second part of the post, which is simply a duplicate of the first.
Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

I find Firefox to be quite bloated, slow, and memory leaking - a perfect example of how open source projects can slack. Opera 9 is probably the best browser I've used on windows. It fixes the HTML rendering problems Opera had in the past. I find Mozilla to be decent on Linux, though I've never seen a fully graphical browser for linux not using the Gecko engine.

I recently switched from Firefox to Netscape 8.1, im pretty impressed so far. The security centre with built in anti-virus/spyware protection is good. It does tend to spontaneously combust if you have a multitude of tabs open though, Im hoping this will be recified soon with updates...

I don't believe the time I spent without FireFox. Before those dark ages I was using IE, which was HORRIBLE. I had so much spyware from those popups that I eventually had to restore my computer, even though I tried removing it with a couple programs. I love the tabbed browsing and the NO POPUPS. And when I had Internet Explorer, I would open it and have to wait like 10 seconds for the page to load, all while it froze while trying to start up, so I got fed up with it and looked for something else, and I wish I found it sooner.

i agree the in window feature is one of the best things ive seen but IE is starting to pick up on it so i think mozilla is going to have a bit of compition but ive been using mozilla for about as long as i can rember so im going to stick with it. i know it better then IE and i trust it more. it has alwase been more reliable exept when working on office live were they make you use IE because it is microsoft based i also like the downloading feature along with all the other ones you can download off of their site.

Firefox is the best, in my opinion. I mean Internet Explorer is so slow now. ( On Internet E 7 It goes so slow! )Firefox is the best!

Hey guys,
Lemme know what you think abou the Mozilla Firefox browser.

I personally think it out runs Microsoft Internet Explorer mainly cos of the convenience of having all the windows in one main window, plus enhanced security features.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Yasir :P

I use Mozilla Firefox browser under mac and its better then firefox on pc machines... im not interested in microsoft IE trash! ..i think IE is copy of all browsers, nothing new !

Ya i like Mozilla firefox and i use it often. but i also use internet explorer 7. i like some features in internet explorer 7 more than Mozilla firefox and the same for the other way. but i like how in internet explorer 7 how you can have more than one home page. so when you open the internet you can go to the webpages that you go to the most often. mozilla firefox doesnt have this option. i use both of them the same. i have also tried aol explorer and it was ok but i got rid of it i didnt think that i needed 3 browsers. lol.

Inside firefox I can access my site's ftp, update my blog, read my rss feeds, automatically log in to virtually any site thanks to the bugmenot plugin, customize my right click menu, block all Iframe's javascripts and ad banners (pretty much no ads on sites I visit now), and I can switch my user agent so megaupload.com doesn't know it's me, allowing me to bypass download limits.Firefox isn't just a web browser, it's the new operating system. It's plugins make it home to an exclusive realm of software existence that no other program, no other anything has.It can slow down compared to opera, but it's like saying a movie will bog things down more than a jpg file. There is just more than can be achieved in Firefox.

I enjoy firefox indeed pages do load faster and using tabs makes it easy to browse even if IE added them but the add on are nice and very helpful.the down side is that most websites are made to be run on IE and you have to take that in to account when you make a website because it will look and work diffrent at time from what you see.I am very happy with my browser but then again I have yet to try the others yet.

I think firefox is great in terms of quick loading pages. But there are some personal websites, coding, and such that firefox tends to mess up, but it happens with most other browsers as well. I think tabbed windows are great. All the windows in one box. But I've only compared firefox to IE and Opera, but so far, this is the best browser I've used.

I think firefox is great in terms of quick loading pages. But there are some personal websites, coding, and such that firefox tends to mess up, but it happens with most other browsers as well. I think tabbed windows are great. All the windows in one box. But I've only compared firefox to IE and Opera, but so far, this is the best browser I've used.

mandy, I know where your coming from for sure, but the whole reason that happens is because off CSS. Both browsers read CSS different as Ie supports some extra commands. In Mozilla's defense - IE supports commands that are valid or standard through out the web. Thats why those "cool" little webpages with lost of little cool designs and CSS styled scroll bars ect dont show, or show differently.

Related to tht, some webpages will display different on Ie/Mozilla because of the CSS Positioning bug. Mozilla and IE read the margin's different. If you were to research the matter, Mozilla has been said to be correct in rendering CSS while IE 5/6 has had alot of bugs relating to rendering the CSS. I am not sure about 7, but I do know the difference between the margin readings do exist as I had a problem with a website I was designing.