xisto Community
iGuest

Add Favicon To Your Site Creating, Converting to icon, Setup

Thank you, it's easy and works on my machine with windows xp, but only with Mozilla Firefox not with win explorer. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder why Internet Explorer does not support favicons. It's such a common and widespread features for most websites these days. Firefox and Opera users see favicons on almost every websites.

Thank you very much for showing us how to do this. ;)

You know, I always wondered why some sites had icons, but never really looked into it. I'm going to have to tell a webmaster I know about this! Maybe he'll think I'm cool now, hahahaPosted Image

{Edit: Yep, I've got other people asking me to help them out too now ;) }

Nope, i'm running XP Currently and I can see them perfectly. Kinda lol. But I do see them even though only about 20% of the sites I go to it's not there. O and btw try Mozilla Firefox Instead. Get it here.

I wonder why Internet Explorer does not support favicons. It's such a common and widespread features for most websites these days. Firefox and Opera users see favicons on almost every websites.

Internet Explorer does, and has, supported favicons. I have used them for a while now and have always been able to see them. If you cannot see them it is probably because of something like your browser has it registered as not having one on that site. It took my Internet Explorer browser a little while to recognize that my site had a favicon when I uploaded one. Try deleting your cache or something and see if it will show up then.

You can have dynamic favicons too...a trick I use on my site is I add .ico as an extension that should be handled by php. Then I have the PHP script build the image and return it to the client. As long as you set the content type in the header on the php file, the browser will display it as an icon. It was something I decided to do for fun one day over my lunch break ;)

I had known the 'fast overview' of this, but never really step-by-step instructions that won't leave me with questions. Thanks for putting this tutorial up and I'll keep in mind the sizes.

thanks for your guidesAdd Favicon To Your Site

for 3 days I've been trying to add the icon into my website but always failed. But I never gave up trying always tryingtryingtrying,...When I searched and come up one guidances about adding icon to web is your guide. I follow trough every step that you write. And the results is your step is 100% correct. it's really work for me like a gipy. Thanks a lot :)

-reply by Pamela