xisto Community
gritto

People who are already hosted what do you think of astahost?

ASTAHOST is the best one so far. Obviously since i'm hosted here. I've been in geocities, 100webspace, stormpages, this is by far the greatest. i only have the first hosting package but already i'm happy with it. I'm hoping to request the second one soon so i can get the 150mb but with just this hosting package it's enough for my demolay website. compared to the others, this has NO ADS!

I was using Aboho.com prior to this when i didnt have any domain. Only I know how I managed with hardly 5 mb of space... and 500 mb bandwidth. Then when I got a domain name, i mailed them to upgrade my account to a domain account, i realized that they had some new rule that every member should have a authentic email id. something from your school or ISP etc. Well a good method of tracking those who would create multiple account, but what they didn't think of is notifying existing members. I had my gmail account and i never upgraded my records, so I just got thrown of the server without prior or post notice. Whereas one of my miscreant friends who was running two-three parallel hosting account (absolutely illegal on aboho), simply created 3 more email ids of professional domain which he claimed was his company's, with redirection to his gmail id and continued to use aboho at its best. The simple honest people get kicked always :PAfter that I moved to Aushost.co.uk which allows free hosting if you have a domain name. It was quite stable and good, but had a pretty inferior control panel than cPanel. Plus cudnt make any subdomain, add on domains, etc etc... it was a lot buggy with only 50mb space and 500mb b/w. Not even 50% of the features of Xisto, but yes did have basic survivability meassures :DAstahost is like an angel compared to all of those! 150mb space and 5GB b/w!!! (yea i was patient enough to get 30 points). It's superb to have such a service! Fast, reliable, and above all with the fun of participating on a community! It's a pure win-win deal.

Simply the BEST. No catch. No cheats. No hidden ads! No crap. Nothing unusual about it, except it's the best one there is for free.*

* well you dont giveaway anything than spare time and posting on forums which is anyway fun :D

I like the fact that in order to maintain a website that every so often you must at least contribute something, I do have another host and with the exception of when I first started have never had my account suspended. I have not contributed lately (until lately) because I am tiring of some thing that I used to do elsewhere so expect to see more of my posts here especially PHP an MySQL related.The only thing that I guess that really bothers me is when a newbie joins they make a lot of posts asking what I think about some common or even some not so common software, sometimes even want to run a poll. I know that if you want to have a 'free hosted site' you want it RIGHT now. But in my opinion if you are just shooting the breeze then what good is it. To go to some of these posts and find nothing of any value that benefits no one then sometimes I feel disappointed.I try to make a post that actually makes some sense or could possibly be of benefit to someone else. I am digressing here so I will get to the POINT and I am quite satisfied with Xisto and as long as I can peck out a few letters that come out into a sentence, phrase or thought that is helpful then I will keep doing it right here.

This is possible the best host I have ever had. After going through probably 10 different type of hosts in the past 7 years. I find this place the best and as FREE as it can get. It has so many features that will make your jaw drop, because when I got into the control panel for the first time I was like WHAT THE?!? I didnt even know what to do with all these features available to us.The reason its the best? NO ADS PERIOD. And all you need to do to keep your host? Post, and stay active in the forums. It maybe hard at first to join, but it is well worth it. With all that they have to offer, once your finally hosted you will understand fully why this will be the best host you can possibly find for the price of 0.00.

Just like everyone else, I have to say Xisto is the best free webhost I have ever been hosted at. It's not just free webhosting, it's free paid hosting in exchange for quality posts at the forums. It's probably the best deal around on the net. There's no ads, forced or otherwise, and the community is very friendly. Not only that, but the Cpanel is very easy to use and has many features I have not seen before on other free hosting sites, not to mention Xisto doesn't plauge you with useless newsletters and ads even after you unsubscribe from them like Bravehost does. There's also not many limitation besides content, transfer space, and bandwidth.

Again, Xisto is probably the best around in free and quality webhosting.

Thank you, Xisto!

I've really enjoyed Xisto so far. It definitely provides far better hosting services than I would ever expect of a free host. I don't mind using up some of my time to post at forums (I would probably do that anyway even if I didn't host here :( )

I started off with Freewebs.com -- a horrible host that had limits on the number of files uploaded and turned ads on randomly. Then I moved on to biz.ly, 50webs.com, and awardspace.com. biz.ly lacked space, 50webs lacked PHP and awardspace didn't allow the mail() function in PHP; nor did they allow the email service they promised in their ad. Then I found Xisto, and I'm very impressed with the PHP support, email service, and the amount of space I have. :(

It's quite hard to find a good PHP supporting host that also has no ads. Most of them come with some catch...but apparently Xisto has none! (I don't really find posting in the forums a catch, as that was already explained even before I joined the Xisto forums) I also really like the support here. Forums and all. XD

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

I'm not with Xisto at the moment but they have everything I need for an oscommerce siteI was with awardspace (free account) - don't have e-mail forwarding, password protection and ssl, only one mysql databseI then signed upto websitesnetwork (free account) - don't have sslI think this is the only free host to offer SSL which I need for my oscommerce siteHopefully I will join up soon once I have got 30 credits.