xisto Community
gritto

People who are already hosted what do you think of astahost?

The Fantasico and Cpanel in here is VERY impressive. So much better than any other host I've tried. Also the admin seems very friendly and this is a very good forum with lots of computer knowledge and tutorials in it.

AstaHost is good, no doubt!People in the forum are helpful and the topics are useful!Wonderful work done!Please tell me what I can do to help to keep the running cost down.I would like to contribute a little something.THANKS!

I think Xisto is the best free webhost currently in existence. it has a good looking and fully featured cPanel. It also has a generous 150MB disk space which is plenty for a website. 5GB bandwidth is a lot, but I don't know how quickly that is used up. However, I am sure that if someone was running out of bandwidth and there were lots of people in the same position, then Xisto would create another, higher BW package. There are very friendly staff here and I have no complaints. :P Thankyou Xisto!

I do agree completely. This host is very good. The credit system is not my favourite, but you get a lot in return. You get great hosting a good staff and help. You get a lot of features and there's not much downtime. Great thanks, i'm happy i found this host.

there's not much downtime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you might be kidding ? :P

but oh well, we can't really copmlain as we don't pay money... but hey, we pay our time to post here !

My only one complain is that the rules are a bit too strict here. And some moderators on this board are too young. When they don't understand what someone's trying to say (because they're young to understand:D) they directly say: "hey! aren't you trying to gain some credits there??"... wtf ? I've seen that a couple of times.

I only attained my hosting yesterday afternoon, but I used to frequent at Xisto, so I know how the packages are already here at Xisto. And to be honest - they're excellent. You can't really ask for better from a free web host. I mean, there's a generous amount of space and decent amount of bandwidth with many easy-to-use featuresand CPanel to boot.I've searched and utilized other hosts before Xisto and Xisto. Some offered more space and bandwidth, but lacked in features. Other hosts offered a plethora of features, but then the space and bandwidth were compromised drastically.Then when I found the sister hosts Xisto and currently Xisto, I knew that I had found diamonds in the rough. Plus, Xisto has an excellent community. There's just something about this place that makes it more appealing than Xisto. Maybe it's the increase in the exchange of knowledge? Or maybe friendlier members? Maybe it's a combination of both? But whatever the reason, posting is fun here. Okay, I'm done with my rant.

My review of Xisto, soley and as compared to other hosting sites:

Personally, I think Xisto.com is an incredible hosting site. Before this time, I had not yet come upon such a hosting site whereupon the only necessities for one to earn a FREE hosting account (with good specs, if I might add) was to simply stay active in their forums. In general, I like interactivity and have no problems posting in forums which interest me. However, upon that you have great stipulations and, once met, are not hard to maintain.

Concerning the hosting aspect:

Wonderful. Great. I'm actually slightly befuddled by the sheer amount of options from which one can toggle and control -. I'm still getting used to it! In any case, I have no complaints with the hosting aspect of Xisto. If you have some problem, check the F.A.Q.; if you have a question or comment, post in the forums or PM some "significant other". One really can't not get used to AstaHosting.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

================

Concerning the forums aspect:

Well, forums are forums; you have a nice skin, good topics and a crowd and you've just whipped up a recipe for success. As such, I can't really rant on how great the forums are - I will, however, state that Xisto forums get my recommendation. Besides the technical aspect, the moderators and admin actually frequent the forums and are helpful (moonwitch, vujsa, OpaQue, mastercomputers [he's not admin or mod, but damn, how many posts?!]). There are many "guide topics", and it can't take one long to accustom himself/herself with the board.

Probably my ONE and ONLY consideration/complaint:

I've been noticing lately as I browse the forums some "suggestive" ads. What are you guys doing there at Xisto Central? I really like Xisto, and I would like Xisto even more if Xisto kept a clean image; hence, no ads which are, quite frankly, arousing.

Other than that, kudos and Mazel Tov because you guys there at Xisto have made a really good thing - run with it.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

================

My own note:

I'm serious, guys, consider getting rid of those ads - yes, yes, I know about revenue and "per-clicks" markets and things like that, but at least try different "revenue" and different "per-clicks".

Probably my ONE and ONLY consideration/complaint:

I've been noticing lately as I browse the forums some "suggestive" ads.  What are you guys doing there at Xisto Central? I really like Xisto, and I would like Xisto even more if Xisto kept a clean image; hence, no ads which are, quite frankly, arousing.

Other than that, kudos and Mazel Tov because you guys there at Xisto have made a really good thing - run with it.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

================

My own note:

I'm serious, guys, consider getting rid of those ads - yes, yes, I know about revenue and "per-clicks" markets and things like that, but at least try different "revenue" and different "per-clicks".

1064324544[/snapback]

Hi HTML_Guru,

I have not been around here as long as you but I have seen from your posts that you are very competent and helpful. And I want to comment on your post here, especially the part I quote above.

With all due respect, I disagree on your view regarding the ads. First of all I see ads all over the net, and I do not particularily like them as I have pointed out in a previous post.

But the money has to come from somewhere! I have been asking myself for a while now, what is the business model of xisto/Xisto? Do paying customers support the free web hosting? Do the ads generate enough income to pay for the bandwidth, the hardware, the staff? Not my worry of course. Maybe I should not stick my nose into that. I just wonder. And, most of all, I enjoy the wonderful benefits of being hosted here.

If the only thing I have to deal with are the ads on the board, I can live with it. And they literally are the only thing that I do not enjoy. But what the heck? That's no big deal! That's actually nothing compared to what I get, you get, all hosted ppl get here.

Just my 2 cents, HTML_Guru. I appreciate your contributions here and I wish I could contribute as much and as good as you do.

People here are nice.

I second that. That's the most important factor that matters to me. Free hosting or not, a forum is a forum .... and unless the people in the forum are helpful, I can't stand posting there. I visit many communities and forums, but the atmosphere is never as friendly as Xisto.

This is the best :).

As I have said in other posts I have made in reguards to my personal view point on Xisto....This Place Rocks! I have worked with many different hosting services both webpage hosts like Angelfire and other Webservice hosts like Asta and I have to say, beyond a resonable doubt, that I have not found any other host that offers everything that Asta does, or should I say delivers. Many have tried to do what Asta has done but none have succeded.The features that are available here are fantastic, the uptime is incredible for free hosting, and the comunity...the community is amazing. The members here are nice, at times a bit outspoken but still composed..lol. Also the Admins and Mods are always showing up and doing their jobs as well as just visiting, many forum based hosts have admins that think and say they are better then everyone else and in doing so abuse their "powers" here they help everyone out, joke around, and do their job at the same time.I hope that the rest of the Hosts out there take a que from Asta and do it right, cause I have to say IMO this is how it should be done.Keep up the good work everyone and lets keep this place alive and kicking....

I was hosted for awhile, and I thought it was a pretty good place to be hosted. At first, when my account wasn't too active, but I did keep up my credits, I noticed that my site was down a lot. After uploading a template and a few webpages up, I noticed a great deal of more "uptime". I don't know if Xisto was upgrading or it was because of inactivity issues on my account, but it was a good experience overrall while I was hosted.

Astahost has been pretty good so far. I've only been a member for a few months or so, but I don't have any complaints that have anything to do with admin, or any other people involved (not their fault that the server occasionally goes down, or something else goes wrong, so when that happens I just go find something else to do until I can work on my site again or whatever).I like the fact that I can do something constructive - hang out in these forums - in exchange for ad-free space. I hate banner ads on my Web sites. And I'm not even going to get on a tangent about how much forced pop-ups, or even the occasional pop-under, suck. And yeah, the Google ads and stuff on the forum's pages are mildly annoying. But, hey, these guys have to pay the bills somehow - and Firefox has a great Remove It Permanently (RIP) extension that helps get rid of all sorts of crap that I don't want to see.