Mac

Pro: Best for photo designers and video editing; more secure than win; faster

Cons: very expensive; very few softwares available

Windows

Pro: Many softwares; cheaper; customizable

Cons: Not so secure; easier to crash; interface is harder to learn than Mac

Me? I use both.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't used a Mac but from what i've heard from friends, people who use Mac and from reading articles and reviews, what jtakano said is true. Mac is a good machine when you want to use it for photo & video editing, desktop publishing, etc. My friend who's in this kind of business is using a Mac but at home, he uses Windows. Mac softwares are expensive and hard to find. With Windows, you have to sacrifice with the security, stability & performance in exchange for the softwares you can use with it. :)

I like Windows better than MAC although both of them are ok to use. :) You can find my reason on some of my posts why I like Windows than some OSs, not in all aspects though, Linux is better when used as a server(only my opinion).

My first mac was a REALLLLY old Apple II, which only had a keyboard and floppy drive!!! From the stone age of computers. But then Windows came out and every computer I had was with windows. Windows always bugged me because it was so easy to get viruses, and it crashed alot on me. I remember it would always freeze up on me. So last year I got fed up with windows and bought a mac G4 laptop, and I love it! I've had no problems with it at all. I really don't consider the software issue a problem with my mac. Sure, you cannot find certain programs that are on windows, but that doesn't bother me. Macs all the way baby!!!

hey i have heard alot about macs and that they are really good for web designing but that they could be kinda exepencive to by programs for them and games. i think that macs are better then pc ans that its better to own a macs cause u won't get viruses and worms and more people want to hack a pc then a mac. so i think that macs are better and faster the pc

Windows by far is the best. Even though i dont like their IE, they still do a good job keeping up on the modern point of view. MAC i have at my work and its not very good. Its diffrent but a bad diffrent by having the wrong support and the os is not very modern. Though i do like their internet connection and the desktop features, overall its not worth it.

this is the biggest evidence/reason y some people hate windows... lolz... but anyway... windows for me... performance wise... u think some1 will suffer if he/she got a overclocked 4+/5+GHz proccessor (see here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/... or else i take 3.6ghz...), a 512mb(or possible 1024mb? dunno have it or nt...) ati radeon x800 graphic card and 4GB (4 ram slots each with 1gb of ram) of ram to work on... running in windows xp? though G5 2.5Ghz does perfrom much better den a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz... but when u deal with this kind of hardware... i dun think u will feel anything... not even a sec of problem at all... :) but apple macintosh is a much more powerful den ibm pc... tats tested and proven... here's a comparison of their performance... http://barefeats.com/pentium4.html but 6GHz is way too insane! though not stable...

I use both systems, and I have to say, MacOS is the better operating system hands-dows.Mac is Unix-based. It is very stable. If windows were a car, it would be taken off the roads because it crashes so much.There are advantages to windows, however. Games for one thing. As well as a wide variety of software.My favourite OS is neither of theses though, it's linux.cheers

I have both windows xp and mac os x in my house and they are both good for different things.windows is good for running just about anything where as mac does not support nearly as much software. Mac has a windows emulator though that allows you to run most windows software.macs are good because they are less prone to viruses and web attacks, also they are really good for graphic design and editing.The mac os is very user friendly and bubbly and cheerful. Windows attempted to emulate this style in the xp os but it still isnt as bright.just my observations