xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asimrsiddiqui

Choosing Best Free Hosting Free Hosting

Hi,

I think that whenever anyone create any new site and want to publish over internet  he must have the following features in order to choose free webhost.

Free Space [as much he needs]

Bandwidth  [according to you think how much visitors u expect]

Uploading should be FTP/Browser both

Subdomain like /you

Must Support at least one either Php or Asp

No popup or banner should be good enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes,that's right.

for me,i set up a account, must conside is speed and files type, many sites dont suppor files like dd.class,dd.jar. so i wont to apply although its space was very big, i dont like subdomain like /you, maybe it is hard for me to find a good free site

but i will manage to find

I think when u search for hosting... u gotta ask yourself some questions... for me... i ask myself this...What technologies i'm going to implement inside my website (PHP? ASP? JSP? JavaScript? Flash? etc)What do my users who surf my site want/do? (reading on specific information, entertainment, downloading softwares, etc)Approximately how many users surf my website? (10,20,100,200,1k per day?)Are they pass-byer or real surfer? (pass-byer mean they take a glance at ur site and move on and real surfer stay on your site and really read your content...)i have somemore but i can't tot of it nw... when the answer is a mix of both, take the majority... anyway... this can help u focus on what u need thus find a host that best suit u... u dun always need a supercomputer with unlimited banwidth and 100 gb of free space to host for u right? example like a clan website with only 10 members and when the site information is little dun need such a host right... or a forum site which requires mysql and php and u go apply for a host that support asp... it would be a waste of time and money... so i recommand u guys always think through carefully before u actually go and and find a host... :)

I think when u search for hosting... u gotta ask yourself some questions... for

Approximately how many users surf my website? (10,20,100,200,1k per day?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I understood. But can I get a free file store space on then net? I can save my documents there and download anywhere from my web site. Is it possible to find a web hosting without file size limitation?

Astahost is the best hosting ive found so far, fair enough others like netrulon had some features but they arent around just now becuase of too many sign ups. Asthost is second to none, and i lovemy hosting with them.

But of course, Xisto is offering free web hosting. If you really want all the great features like a lot of bandwidth and disk space, paid hosting is the way to go. But Xisto is doing an excellent job with its free hosting plans! Agree?

Well I understood. But can I get a free file store space on then net? I can save my documents there and download anywhere from my web site. Is it possible to find a web hosting without file size limitation?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't know if you can find that kind of hosting coz even the largest free hosting i allready join that offer 1G have a 2MB file size limit. and speaking of free hosting most hosting owner specting a web site not files. anyway you can set up your own server for your needs, you just need a fast internet connection and a pc :)

I agree with R3d that there's not much point in looking for free web hosts just to hold files cause isn't that what the hard disk is for? It does take a good hour or more to set up your server from what i hear (i know someone whos done it but i haven't done it myself [still only got 56k dialup]) but it would probably be worth it. Not for decent web hosting but so that you can access some of your files on computers on other networks or friends computers. I wouldn't have to cart around cds or usb disks.

I need a hosting which can provide me at least 50 Mb of webspace and scripting with database. I prefer PHP/ASP and MySQL or Access with atleast 10 Mb. and on bandwith terms it should be very large. Nothing much...

I need a hosting which can provide me at least 50 Mb of webspace and scripting with database. I prefer PHP/ASP and MySQL or Access with atleast 10 Mb. and on bandwith terms it should be very large. Nothing much...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your in the right place :P . This is one of, if not the best free web host currently available. It has everything you should need and more. So far I don't think any of the hosted members have had any unresoveable problems. :P .

What technologies i'm going to implement inside my website (PHP? ASP? JSP? JavaScript? Flash? etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But it's the browser that has to have JavaScript/Flash support, not the sever. Unless you mean you need a lot of space for Flash files - I can see what you're getting at if that's what you mean.

i believe that no free host will give you a free domain for now, except Xisto, it has good offer of free domain name for group account :P

and uni.cc doesn't offer a domain it's a sub domain.

i remember i've found a quality hosting, i think 2 years ago, it's offer instant acount, no banner, php asp and more, and a great deal if you got 20k visit/month you've got a free domain from them but it's gone now :P after that i quit web design, and back again :o

the name is brizland or something like that(can't remember the exact name since it's almost two years)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have registered a domain as well as hosted this guys site ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ )... Just the same thing like the above specified user. This guy puts ads on it for me. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Its a cool site for naruto lovers!

I think Xisto is the best free web hosting I have find , no ads and support cgi , php ... etcalso we can post what you want to know and in a short time you ill get the ans .Astahost is the best free hosting and forum , I am now visiting every day