xisto Community
kc8yff

Best FTP Client

The free version of WS_FTP, which is WS_FTP was already phased out a couple of months ago..What was known as WS_FTP LE is now WS_FTP Home 9.0 which costs $34.95 to buy.
For a free FTP client..I would recommend FILEZILLA too as mentioned on previous posts.

I can reccomend Filezilla too. It has every main function needed for an average user.

For me nothing can beat Flash FXP. I've tried most of the others listed, but none of them quite did it for me. I was always looking for a better FTP program (slightly overdramatising). Then I found Flash FXP and have been happy with it ever since (slightly overdramatising again :lol:). I recommend it to all looking for a extremely good paid FTP program. You get what you pay for :lol:

Check out CoreFTP.I have been using it for the last two years.Features List: Secure SFTP & SSL support International Domain Support Fast and secure client transfers HIPAA compliant security Mode Z compression User-friendly interface(s) Site to Site file transfers FULL drag and drop support Start/stop/resume of transfers I used CuteFTP before this, but I found this more comfortable.:lol:

I've been using CoreFTP for a while now and its been a great experience. The LE version is free while the PRO is shareware. The LE version is just right for the normal FTP user. Where features are concerned, it's got all you require of an FTP program, including transfering complete folders (saw a post with FTP programs not allowing this in the free version). The only difference between the PRO and the free version is that in the PRO version, you're enabled with unlimited and unattended scheduling of transfers (also others like encryption during transfer and route tracing..etc..)

So far, I've not had a single problem with CoreFTP over the last 2 years and I'd strongly reccomend it to novices and professionals alike.

Well, right now I'm using firezilla which is an opensource ftp program, I believe. It's fit for my needs with many features but still light.

There's no "Firezilla", kelp. Maybe you're talking about "Filezilla". Yes, its' an opensource FTP software and I think it's a really good piece of software!! Totally free, no adwares, no spywares, no advertisements, no annoying popups, allows you to download, upload whole folders, and has good directory listing system too. Shows you CHMOD thing.

But I just think it's waaaay better than Microsoft Frontpage. By the way, they need to update their software now. Microsoft Office 2003? Well... ermm... it's 2006 right now and oh yes, do you know that they released... or seems like released... Microsoft Office 2007? I can't wait until I get my hands on those software. They're really good I heard. But they munch up a lot of CPU & RAM because of the user interface graphics / video rendering. More flashiness now, I guess? :lol:

Hehehe I don't know what to expect from their MS Frontpage 2007!

The Best FREE FTP Client

Well, many people seem to want FREE FTP clients out here, so I'd like to refer them -

FreshFTP 3.10 (Free FTP Client) from FreshDevices

Free download on : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You need to register there with a valid Email ID. They send you a confirmation, when you accept it, they send you the link to download the software. Then they send you a FREE registration code which is in your name and unlocks the software for more then 30 days.

Its pretty good GUI and works fine for most people. Supports loads of features like Passive Mode, Auto-Transfer Type etc. You'll never need another one...

I have also always used SmartFTP.Its always worked for me and has been able to do everything I need it to.My favorite feature is where you can do the global download or upload queue, where it can have several "threads" or connections to the server and upload/download multiple files simultaneously.I have used a few other FTP programs..just to try them out but i have always gone back to SmartFTP.its just an exteremely well built program. oo and the autodetect for links in the clipboard is pretty tight

For me, the best is CuteFTP. I've used Filezilla and Smart FTP also, but when I tried CuteFTP I reaaly find it more useful.It has a very good interface, really useful tools and the most important for me, I think: You can edit the files online...Regards

I honestly have to say that the best ftp client I have found is the one built into Windows explorer/internet explorer....That one is so easy to use because it integrates seamlessly with windows....unlike other ftp clients which are not as user friendly.

I have to say I use two popular FTP programs. smartFTP and Filezilla. Filezilla is nice, lightweight, easy to use and has a great GUI. But I often experience time-outs with uploads that has a folder with lots of files in it. Even if they're small or large. I used to think it was due to my FTP account not liking being spammed with small uploads. I then got my hands on filezilla and use it for such tasks. I usually run both programs. SmartFTP to chmod and change around/edit files, and filezilla to upload hardcore. Another feature of filezilla that I really like is that I can run multiple instances and upload two things at the same time. Almost never times out on me, and even IF it does, it usually instantly reconnects and picks up from where it left off.