xisto Community
iGuest

A New Domain Name For Knowledgesutra

Hello everyone,

The forum to which all of you contribute in a valuable manner,Xisto, has undergone a change in terms of the domain name.The name has been changed to "KDiscuss" ,the "K" is basically the shortened form of the word "Knowledge",and as all of us are here to mainly discuss about various topics, the word "Discuss" has been included, in place of "Sutra", so that our impact gets more global and we are able to reach people faster.However, except the English version of the name, there are no other major changes that have been made.

Let us know how the new domain name for the forum appeals to you.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

It's a nice name, KDiscuss is quite good, but searching on google something with this keyword might be hard, I started to like Xisto as it's quite a good name and a lot of times better than Xisto :)For me KDiscuss is quite good. In fact, it looks like a KDE application :D

I'm actually all for it. "Xisto" always seemed a bit risque (reminding me of Kama Sutra), which I'm sure I'm not the only one!When does the change come though?

Aren't all those changes from Xisto to Xisto and now to KDiscuss and the change of domain names somehow work on the pagerank for google? Or for example a permanent moved header is quite enough for google and other search engines to reindex everything without pagerank loss? :)

I know a lot of my friends here dislike the name Xisto. I dunno .. I failed to explain then.

But there are two types of Questions,

1. Question with only ONE answer.

2. Question with Many Answers.

Hence, Xisto was a name chosen for a site which focused more on Type 2 Questions.

On the Otherhand, StackOverflow is a best example of Type-1 discussion.

I also had another plan on building kdiscuss based on stackOverflow type Question/Answers Website. Wat Say? ^_^

Please .. Please .. shower your Opinions.