xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

12 Year Old Murderer Sentenced To 30 Years

A South Carolina court has sentenced a boy who killed his grandparents when he was 12 years old to 30 years on each count to be served concurrently.He was on antidepressant drugs when the murder was committed and said the drugs drove him to killing his grandparents after he had an argument with them over another matter.Do you think he had mitigating circumstances?Do you consider a child of 12 who was being treated for a psychiatric condition at the time and was under the influence of drug treatment should have been found guilty of murder?Do you think 30 years imprisonment is a just sentence in the circumstances?What do you think of a court that would make a judgement like this?

THATS INSANE! Firstly the Court should have understood that the child was a drug addict. Secondly, The parents are responsible for the child taking such a wrong path.Thirdly, I dont think any law has a right to take away ones freedom and imprison a person especially when his commited crime was un-intentional. ( In this case, it was the drug that killed his Grand parents ). A small kid is unlikely to kill anyone! Unless there is a very strong emotional feeling that provogates him to do so.

THATS INSANE!

Firstly the Court should have understood that the child was a drug addict. Secondly, The parents are responsible for the child taking such a wrong path.

Thirdly, I dont think any law has a right to take away ones freedom and imprison a person especially when his commited crime was un-intentional. ( In this case, it was the drug that killed his Grand parents ).

A small kid is unlikely to kill anyone! Unless there is a very strong emotional feeling that provogates him to do so.

54535[/snapback]

Psychiatric drugs, like any other prescribed drug, can make any person dangerous in any situation. Though the FDA requires harsh, extensive testing (and some products never make it through), there is always the risk of unknown side effects. Sometimes these side effects can include black outs, loss of memory, fits of rage, etc, somewhat akin to schizophrenia, or worse. In this case, the boy might have suffered side affects from his "medications" which affected his behaviour in a very bad way.

I think the court should take that into consideration, and perhaps call in his doctor as a witness.

Yeah alot of these anti-depresents do not do anything but make you worse. You are paying for something that does not even help you most of the time. What I think that the kid should do is to appeal this case to a higher court. If that is the case I think that he could possibly win it. To bad though that this person could not make to the US supreme court becasue I do no think that this has to do with the constitution directly.

You shouldn't ALWAYS blame the parents It isn't always their fault... Oh everytime a child commits a crime.. HEY lets blame the parents for their upbringing of this horrid kid.. NO!The kid should be put in some kind of prison but where you could get help.. He would probably end up killing one of his jail mates and get sentanced longer.Can they not test if he was influenced by the drug these days? Or is that "too" advanced for us?Juvenile camps are good to.

i think first of all we need to know when the kid is a drug addict or he is under treatment .. but that is unlikely ... but how could a kid buy antidepression ? online ? do he have a credit card on that purchase ? if so then his parents should take some responsibility .. but murdering is a serious crime .. and i believe that it wasnt solely becaue of drug effect and unintentional .. but 18 years is too long for a kid ..

i think first of all we need to know when the kid is a drug addict or he is under treatment .. but that is unlikely ... but how could a kid buy antidepression ? online ? do he have a credit card on that purchase ? if so then his parents should take some responsibility .. but murdering is a serious crime .. and i believe that it wasnt solely becaue of drug effect and unintentional .. but 18 years is too long for a kid ..

54825[/snapback]

The sad thing is, is the parents most likely had complete trust in the doctor and had no idea what effect the prescriptions had on him.

You shouldn't ALWAYS blame the parents It isn't always their fault... Oh everytime a child commits a crime.. HEY lets blame the parents for their upbringing of this horrid kid.. NO!

The kid should be put in some kind of prison but where you could get help.. He would probably end up killing one of his jail mates and get sentanced longer.

Can they not test if he was influenced by the drug these days? Or is that "too" advanced for us?

Juvenile camps are good to.

54737[/snapback]

You are right you can not always blame the parents for the actions of the children. This kid is old enough in my opinion to choose between right and wrong. But yes the influence of drugs could have inpared this judgement. so that could go either way.

Also yes the kid should be put in some type of instituion for where he can get some help. But if not he can do something like killing a cell-mate.

And I also agree that they should have done some type of extensive testing to tell if he was impared or not. That is not to advanced for todays technology because we are trying to perfect cloning.

no way

12 Year Old Murderer Sentenced To 30 Years

He was not allowed to drink, drive, sign contracts, have sex, live where he wants, but he is fully responsible for this act...

I always find american "trialed as adult" to be one of biggest hypocrites of all...

The court just destroyed one life, guy will be 42 years old when he get out... Who knows maybe he will have elementary school finished on his CV

-reply by DeerDance

I think it's all fair. It doesn't matter if your on drugs, it increases your likelyhood to do stupid things but it is still you that decides to do it.He killed two lives, he should rot for 30 years. (well actually I think he should rot for two lifetimes, somethings will need to be invented to do this but it should be)Blaming things on drugs is pure-bull, everyone decides to do what they want. Drugs willl make you more likely to do what you want but they don't make you a murderer. People who blame their problems on stuff like this are just looking for excuses, they create a feeling of helplessness where they have to do it because they can't help it to make themselves feel better and justified to do so.Besides, i believe that if you commited a crime ,you have no rights, you decided to screw the rights by breaking the law, your just another animal and to be treated as such. but this is society's problem, let the lawyers sort it out.

Edited by jack177 (see edit history)

Thirdly, I dont think any law has a right to take away ones freedom and imprison a person especially when his commited crime was un-intentional.

Oh really? Welcome to 21st century "democracy," hope you have a great time.
http://biopsychiatry.com/antidepressants/usa.html - 14% of boys on stimulant drugs in 2002. Come on people, drawing a conclusion shouldn't be this hard. Or perhaps, ignorance is strength.

that is insane, i mean if the kid was on medication, i doubt he was concious of what he was doing.. and gad hes only 12! whatever happened to juvie! they are just gonna send him to prison? gad.. hes ONLY 12! 12+30 hes gonna be 42 when hes let out? thats so mean, i mean they are taking the best 30 years of his life away from him, and i bet the kid is realizing this, and will end up killing himself with or without medication, he should just be sent to a foster home, or something where he can be raised like a normal kid.. but watched carefully you know?

Why did the boy kill his mamas mama?12 Year Old Murderer Sentenced To 30 Years

Are you guys joking yourself? This kid deserves to be put in a high confined cell for the rest of his life.

First of all, he CHOSE to take the drugs, even though he's impaired at the time, but his emptions are clearly just became stronger, it's not like he lost his mind or anything. Second, he was arguing with his grandparents before he killed him, that's clearly his reason of doing so, but killing anyone over an argument is a sick son of a ***** who should be sentenced to death! 

Another reason for the killing could be a drug addiction. The grandparents could have caught him drughanded and he might have felt that it was too risky to keep them around so instead of getting in trouble, he took two lives. May God Make them rest in Peace. 

-reply by Eilien Bancroft

Giving a 12 year old kid pills?Anti-depressants?That's a problem waiting to happen.What idiotic shrink would of authorized that? It sounds like a right mess to me.The parents are very much to blame. Chemically messing with a developing child?That's so depressing.To get two thirty year sentences the kid must of been off the rails though.

@Eilien Bancroft:

Honestly dude, you are completely wrong!?

First of all, he CHOSE to take the drugs, even though he's impaired at the time, but his emptions are clearly just became stronger, it's not like he lost his mind or anything.

First of all, he's 12! Kids under 15 yrs aren't responsible for their own actions but their parents who misparented them. Take an average 20 year old and give him lots of drugs proportionate to those that were given to the 12 year old. Will he be still on his mind?

Second, he was arguing with his grandparents before he killed him, that's clearly his reason of doing so, but killing anyone over an argument is a sick son of a ***** who should be sentenced to death!

Second, he was arguing with his grandparents before he killed them because of the drugs he toke. Again, he was 12. You must be from Iran because their goverment hanged 2 kids 15 and 16 publicly because they were gay.

Another reason for the killing could be a drug addiction. The grandparents could have caught him drughanded and he might have felt that it was too risky to keep them around so instead of getting in trouble, he took two lives. May God Make them rest in Peace.

Just what I said above but said with other words. He took drugs because he was already adicted to them by HIS PARENTS' fault!