xisto Community
mrdee

Mycents Credits [resolved] Has the amount per post decreased?

you or someone else(moderator/admin) edited or deleted one or more of your posts. usually when a mod or admin edits a post it is not within the rules of the forum where in that case, the user should be verbally warned and you would know exactly which posts got edited or deleted. since everything went to crap here recently, this isn't the case anymore.
it's not uncommon to have mycents go down. i'm sure you are curious which posts affected your mycents but i think your outta luck on this issue here. at least until there is some new order around here.

Yes, We Add a WARN in his/her status. Depending on the type of Spam. We do not bother for members with 1 post.

Yeah i had big posts yesterday , which i remember for that length i got for example 0.30$ / 0.40$... Today i logged in and i saw there is update , +0.10$ which is a little weird.Opaque , how does the quality work? Is it from the number of visits from Google? It seems its not just length , its much more weird - because for a shorter post i got more than for a longer.I don't have warn , and i NEVER NEVER copy-paste.

Yeah i had big posts yesterday , which i remember for that length i got for example 0.30$ / 0.40$... Today i logged in and i saw there is update , +0.10$ which is a little weird.
Opaque , how does the quality work? Is it from the number of visits from Google? It seems its not just length , its much more weird - because for a shorter post i got more than for a longer.

I don't have warn , and i NEVER NEVER copy-paste.

The new moderating module installed by OpaQue requires me to screen through posts made by members therefore if any of your posts have been unapproved/deleted by me, the mycents for the same will not update. Therefore make sure your posts are proper since members are warned if multiple posts are unapproved by me :)

The new moderating module installed by OpaQue requires me to screen through posts made by members therefore if any of your posts have been unapproved/deleted by me, the mycents for the same will not update. Therefore make sure your posts are proper since members are warned if multiple posts are unapproved by me :)

Check my profile , i have proper posts with good grammar , no offense/illegal work/copy-pasted content.

However , its better now , mycents got better for me - not as earlier though.

I wish they could tell us exactly how the system works, and it would be nice if we can see how much we have earned instantly. Perhaps the earnings would have to be validated before being able to spend it on hosting or domain just to ensure that there is no spamming in order to earn the MyCentos. I think it is really inconvenient to not know how much you have earned until its too late to increase activity so that you can reach the needed number of MyCentos. I left Xisto a few months ago and joined another free hosting community, but I guess I'm back. I miss the quality of hosting that Xisto, even though the community is all but dead. So now I am back dealing with this MyCento system that is obviously unpredictable. Also, I though we received MyCento based on the performance of our threads also. It doesn't seem as if that it reoccurring. I don't think I receive MyCento from threads that are still getting traffic.

@HarlotIt's not "MyCento". It's "MyCent," as in "dollars and cents."No one but Opaque and BuffaloHelp know how the system really works, but one thing is for sure - if you make large posts and lots of them, you get lots of MyCents. You do get to know your MyCent credits whenever you get credited for your postings so there is a whole lot that you can do on the forum before your web hosting renewal/'subscription' fee is due.The Xisto forum does see some activity and you do find a couple of the old members out here earning the MyCents to keep their websites afloat.BTW, I doubt that you get recurring MyCents from your threads - you just get credited once for making your posting and that's about it. If you did get credits for older posts, you would just have to make about a thousand posts and never have to come back again... and none of us would want that - we like members to stick around and tell everybody what they have on their minds.

I still havent had an email in a long time to show any updates...I havent posted a lot but enough to push me up to the next dollar for sure so either the system has been *heavily* nerfed to give like 10% of what it used to or its broken, or for some reason I just didnt get the email.I cant remember what mycent was last time i looked but right now it is $117 in my balance (238 earned) and 58.4 cents on my avatar.

I've noticed a trend, the maximum I have ever got in a single payout has been $5. There has been two occasions when I posted quite a bit and remained active, and when the payout came in it was exactly $5.00 and not a center more. Has anyone ever gotten more than $5, or has anyone gotten more than $5 recently. Like this month or in the last few weeks? If so, then that would mean that some posting does not count if you go over the $5 pay out limit.

Harlot,I just got $3 worth of MyCENTs for my posting day before. Back in the old days I would receive the MyCENT credits about two to three times a day if I replied to a lot of threads and that would give me a total of $2 before I could finish composing and posting the rest of my posts. Then, I guess the MyCENT credits for posting went down and I did not get as much but over the past few days something definitely has changed and I would not have expected $3 of MyCENT credits if I had made the same postings last month.If I do manage to get up to $5 worth of MyCENTs, I'll let you know if there is a hard limit. Then again, I'm not sure if all the content that I've been posting, even when it's the most that I can do in a single day, has ever been able to get my $5 worth of MyCENTs so I'm not sure if I can look it up for you.When the MyCENTs system was taken offline and later brought back online (was that over a year ago?), I did get full credit for my postings and that was about $18 or so. I can't remember for sure, but it was definitely over $5.The MyCENTs system is like a black box for most of us who speculate about how it works, so don't take my word for it. It's a lot like Google's search results positioning, which is based partially on backlinks and keyword densite but also takes other factors into consideration.