xisto Community
mrdee

Mycents Credits [resolved] Has the amount per post decreased?

Believe it or not:I NEVER get an email from Xisto, except when I submit a ticket, or when it is time to pay for my hosting.Apart from that: NADA!!!!That is why I was highly surprised when you (and someone else in the thread here) mentioned emails from Xisto giving details about your MyCent credits.Never had any like that.And, shame on you scaring the poor dog. :excl:

I am a bit confused and surprised when I look at how my MyCent credits go up lately.
It could be my imagination (although I don't think so), but it looks like my credits are increasing slower than they used to.
I still post regularly, but it seems to take an incredible mount of posts to get me into my next dollar.

An example: I used to have to make two, three at the most, posts of about one screen long (edit screen, that is) to make it into my next dollar.

I have noticed recently that, after making about five posts, some a bit shorter, but two or thre the usual length, I am stil within my same dollar.
I notice that my credits do increase, but, the last post I made, I was then at 70.74 MyCents, was the usual length of just over one edit frame long, and when I looked before I posted this post, it had gone up to 94.11 MyCent credits while, in the past, two similar post would have broughr me from one dollar to the next and now, they just seem to increase my amount a bit.

Am I mistaken or not?
Or is there a temporary fault on the MyCents system, or have the credits per post been decreased?

If anyone has experienced something similar, I would love to hear about it.

At the risk of repeating myself, I could, of course, be mistaken, in which case I would like to apologise, but I don't think my senses are playing tricks on me.

So, if anyone is in the same boat, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Is it still the same? Because I was told of your ticket and OpaQue has read it. It would help if we received more feedback from other members regarding this issue, if it helps I am keeping a track of my mycents too now that I am back and sort of posting :P

Is it still the same? Because I was told of your ticket and OpaQue has read it. It would help if we received more feedback from other members regarding this issue, if it helps I am keeping a track of my mycents too now that I am back and sort of posting :P

OK, it seems like lately, the credits have been updating at a more regular basis.
What intervals is the script set to for updating the credits anyway?
Because, when I say "a more regular basis", I mean, "not like I have recently experienced", but still at irregular intervals, it seems.
To clarify: sometimes I post in the forum, and when I go back an hour later my credits have been updated, sometimes, it takes about two days, or maybe, in the former case, I am just lucky to catch a time when the script is just updating the credits.

Hi!I have my MyCents being calculated once a day. If I make my posts today, I'll get the email about the MyCents being credited to my account tomorrow. Sometimes, it does get delayed by more than a day. My posts typically get me up to a dollar in MyCents credit and that can go over one or two posts. I do not really know how the algorithm works, but when I do make more posts in a single day, I do not see my MyCents really going up by much. Perhaps the MyCents that we earn goes down by the number of posts we make per day or something similar? That would be one way to keep out spammers, although I wouldn't be in favor of such a 'penalty'.Surprisingly the MyCents email is always sent just when I start wondering what to do with the time that I have to spare. Apparently, they've got some secret tracking software that keeps them informed about the best time to remind me to post to the forum or something of the sort... you never really know because I'm still running Windows XP and Windows XP doesn't have all the fancy security features that Windows 7 has to boast about so somebody could easily hack in, drop some spyware that captures audio, video, keystrokes, and mouse movements. Or perhaps it isn't hi-tech at all - they might have some voodoo or a crystal ball that they gaze into when they decide to click the Send Email button. For a free web hosting provider to stay in business for so long, there has got to be some kind of voodoo, shouldn't it?I post to the forum whenever I can without concerning myself too much about the MyCents but I don't call myself a regular. I don't get the time to catch up on all of the posts, but simply look at the recent threads whenever I do sign in and I'll bet there are a lot of threads that I have been missing. When I do get the time to catch up with threads, I have no idea where to look because the Recent Threads feature can only show so many threads before they get displaced into the 'unnoticed' bin. When I do start whiling away my time, I do have to admit that it is the MyCents email that draw me back to the forum so it does have some part to play in my coming back to the forum.BTW, mrdee, perhaps you should raise a ticket saying that you aren't getting the MyCents credited emails. I get the emails within a day or two of posting and that lets me know that I am getting credits for my posts. Another place to look is the Xisto - Support and billing website that displays your balance when you log in. That balance has been getting ever so low for me and all I have are four domain names and a Logic Basic hosting package (I don't remember what it's called but it is the one above the centennial hosting package and below the Logic Pro hosting package that lets me host up to 5 domains with the hosting account) so I suppose the MyCents do not accumulate as much as they used to when I post to the forum.

Hi, k_nitin_r.The thing is, my only means of checking my total of MyCents credits is, as you say, the Xisto portal.I click on the number of my credits to the left of my posts and then I can see the number of dollars I have accumulated on the Xisto homepage..As I mentioned before, I did not believe what I heard when you said you get an email from Xisto to update you on your credit amount, as I have NEVER EVER, received such an email.Also, how much do you pay Xisto for buying a domain, and how much for hosting one?That is not mentioned anywhere on the Xisto website neither, and I have asked it in the past via a ticket, but that question was never answered.So far I only have my Logic Pro plan at $6.66 a month, I had considered buying some more domains too, but if Xisto cannot be bothered to advertise their prices properly, or to answer you when you ask a question about the charges for their services, why should I go through the trouble?The only way I could see how much they charge was by entering a dummy domain and following the first step to an order, which shows me they charge $12.95 for a year for a .com domain.Impossible to see, though, how much to transfer a domain to Xisto, as my domain ends in .org.uk, which is not in the list, so there is no way I can see the charge for that, I don't even know whether it is possible to transfer my domain to Xisto.However, the main issue here was the irregularity of the updates, and now (since I was informed about this by another customer), the lack of notifications at credit upgrade time.As I said (surprise, surprise) the only email I get from Xisto is every month when my new invoice is due.

As I mentioned before, I did not believe what I heard when you said you get an email from Xisto to update you on your credit amount, as I have NEVER EVER, received such an email.

That is very odd because I get the emails too and you are sure it isn't going to your spam box? pm me your billing & forum email address, I will have some check through the logs and find out what's going on.
Oh, and I would also like to inform you that your ticket has been closed in the billing system since OpaQue has been notified of this topic :)

I have been away for a bit, but when i was still active I could get almost a dollar per post, since they were often long, in good sections and with my post count, rep etc.. i guess the system rated them highlyI have just posted a nice big rant in the Vent, it should easily force an update of MyCent to the next dollar, if it doesnt then I concur the rewards for being active are much less.I rather suspect they are less anyway. We shall see.

That is very odd because I get the emails too and you are sure it isn't going to your spam box? pm me your billing & forum email address, I will have some check through the logs and find out what's going on.

Yes, now that I learned those emails exist, I find it very odd too.
I am 100% sure they do not end up in my spam/junk box.

In the mean time, I have PM'ed you with the information you requested.

Thank you.

Another funny thing now:Yesterday I was on 78.41, with a total balance of $5.92, today I am on 32.02, which means I must have moved up to the next dollar, yet my total balance is still $5.92, how do you work that one out?

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

you or someone else(moderator/admin) edited or deleted one or more of your posts. usually when a mod or admin edits a post it is not within the rules of the forum where in that case, the user should be verbally warned and you would know exactly which posts got edited or deleted. since everything went to crap here recently, this isn't the case anymore.it's not uncommon to have mycents go down. i'm sure you are curious which posts affected your mycents but i think your outta luck on this issue here. at least until there is some new order around here.

you or someone else(moderator/admin) edited or deleted one or more of your posts. usually when a mod or admin edits a post it is not within the rules of the forum where in that case, the user should be verbally warned and you would know exactly which posts got edited or deleted. since everything went to crap here recently, this isn't the case anymore.

I certainly did not make any major changes to anything, nor did I delete any of my posts.If a mod did something like that, I certainly got no notification nor any warnings.

it's not uncommon to have mycents go down. i'm sure you are curious which posts affected your mycents but i think your outta luck on this issue here. at least until there is some new order around here.

I am definitely outta luck.
What a load of rubbish this has become.

I am even more confused now.The post above the last one is an EXACT copy of my opening post, it is there as if I posted it.I NEVER just copy and paste my own post, except for bits of it to quote to either set a reminder or to argue a point.So, could someone explain to me why my post has been duplicated in my name?Also, I have no warnings or anything, I am sure that would be the case if I did something like that. (Or would it????)I have also noticed my credit has gone from 32.02 to 70.04 (or back to 70.04, I don't know) after a number of posts, while my total credit amount has remained at $5.92.Obviously, there is no way to check, but have some credits been taken away from me, or has my credit (in spite of about 3 posts) only gone up <40 cents?But the first thing I would like to know is how that post got copied and pasted word by word, and under my own name.Further, I have not yet received any email at all from Xisto when my credit amount changes, as I have never had from day one.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

the way opaque has the forum set up, the original post will ALWAYS be posted at the top whether it's on page 1,2,3,4,5,etc.....

I certainly did not make any major changes to anything, nor did I delete any of my posts.If a mod did something like that, I certainly got no notification nor any warnings.

I remember approving a piano tutorial you had authored, did you see mycents dipping or rising at that point? And no, there are no warnings nor is anyone implying you copy/paste your content. I am just waiting for Opa to give me an update on this, in the meanwhile can you confirm whether the email address you gave me has been the same from the start?

Yes, the address I gave you was the one I signed up with and it has never changed.Also, I am not saying anyone is implying anything, I just did not know about the original post appearing at any page (nor did I notice it) until anwiii pointed it out.