xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

Blink 182 Breaks Up

Whats this? Blink-182, the angsty, yanky, shouty lot are possibly calling it day when it comes to there angsty, yanky, shouting rock?
Say it isnt so.

The band has issued a dubious statement since tongues started wagging when they pulled out of the Music for Relief: Rebuilding South Asia concert in Anaheim, California at the weekend.

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and promoted nonstop all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends. To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with loved ones," said a statement from the band's management.

"While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

According to reports, theres still no word on whether this hiatus will affect the bands other projects, such as Boxcar Racer and the Transplants.

http://www.europaplay.com/

Even though I'm not a big fan of them, I still think it's big news that they broke up indefinately. My girlfriend is devistated, she actually started crying when I told her. Will you guys miss them?

I only liked a few of their songs. Pop rock is annoying. They were sooo close to being gay. lol Something Good Charlotte has indefinately achieved.

That's very surprising to me...Kinda disappointing too, I guess. Enema of the State was my very first CD (don't flame me, please). They have a number of hooks, I have to admit, even though I have long since grown out of my pop punk roots. I do have respect for them and how they pioneered their genre, regardless of the nuisances that have come from it. Oh well, life goes on...

i think they were a good band, a few years ago. i mean, they had good songs, you know.but the last CD is really "MTV", more than the previous ones! the songs were "too commercial", just to be sold. that's not the idea.pop rock is annoying, i know, but there are levels. playing a near-to-good pop rock is better than that stupid song... "i miss you"

I remember that band, they had a few good songs.. but for the most part they were really annoying. then again, most bands.. even really good bands, break up after a time. look at the beatles and stuff...

It was a quite good band... i liked some of their songs, but newer bands are coming and coming, some are much better than the old ones and so on.. maybe it's just time to go... i wasn't a big fan of them, lately i started liking other kind of music and other artists but i still thought that it was a normal band... but as someone else already said, even the good bands break up at last... so life goes on and newer bands are coming..so i'm not gonna miss them so much..the songs remain...

bnads breaking up is not really big news to me and not really that interesting either. what i do find interesting though, is how some whacko fans can actually be so distruaght over a stupid band breaking up that they cry about it. man.. that's just too mucch.

I really don't cry or do anything when a band breaks up because it is like any grou p of people. You tend to get sick of them after a while.

I think they were a good band. Not like the Ramones, Bad Religion, Weezer or Green Day but still better than Sum41s, Simpleplans, Goodcharlottes, etc.They were funny...At least... an awesome drummer Travis Barker even asked to join Slayer on a tour.

that sucks, they were a good group. i've listened to most of their songs, some are hilarious (one perticular one, i think it was called "Merry Christmas You B*stard", or something like that. was hilarious), some damn good, and a few that were a bit annoying. they are better than some other groups i've heard before though.... *cough*good charlotte*cough*could be worse though. the world would end if Radiohead broke up :blink:oh, and Aprnknwn, Sum 41 is a kick-*bottom* group. they were on an average punk-rock level for the duration of tehri first two albums, but their last two are tons different from their old stuff. if you havent already, check out their new CD called "Chuck". It's kind of like their previous album "Does This Look Infected", but it kind of shifts from the more heavy-metal-attempt of Does This Look Infected to a metal\punk combo, and they pull is off beutifully. "No Reason", "Pieces", "Theres No Solution", "We're All To Blame", "Open Your Eyes", and "Angels with Dirty Faces" are the best on the CD. the rest on the CD still kick *bottom*, their just not as good as the ones i just mentiones.Their last two albums, "Chuck", and "Does This Look Infected", are worlds different from their first two albums "Half Hour Of Power" and "All Killer No Filler". If you havent checked them out since '03, go check out their last two albums, their awesome. :angry:

Wow, it's about time they are gone. I have never liked Blink-182. All their music was generic and crappy. C'mon, every song has one simple riff and some idiot singing behind it. I wish this happened a lot sooner... Actually, I wish they never even exited...

According to MTV, they didn't actually "brake up", instead, they posted a "statement about an indefinite hiatus".

http://www.mtve.com/overdrive.php

Blink -182 has posted a statement about an indefinite hiatus. The band is to spend time with their family and friends as stated on their website:
"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labours with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

The band previously cancelled their gig at the "Music For Relief" Tsunami Benefit Concert due to "unexpected circumstances".